Where are you getting Covid test before sailing Alaska?

ojaidenny

49 minutes ago, abouna said:

Which test did you do? PCR or Antigen?

If I am not mistaken, the only ones you can get back that quickly are the Rapid Antigen Tests.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:21 PM, Ashland said:

Try booking at the CVS closest to your home. You can also do a proctored test...we like and have used the eMed Binix test from Abbott...couldn't have been easier using our laptop.

What type do you ask for if booking at your home CVS?  I intend to do this but want to make sure we have the correct one.

On 6/20/2022 at 7:46 AM, Lois R said:

If I am not mistaken, the only ones you can get back that quickly are the Rapid Antigen Tests.

You can get the NAAT which is a rapid PCR from Walgreens in two hours. That’s what we did. Had them back within the hr. 

14 hours ago, sturderick said:

What type do you ask for if booking at your home CVS?  I intend to do this but want to make sure we have the correct one.

When we used CVS we had the Rapid Antigen test...results sent to our email in less than 1/2 hour. You can also do the NAAT PCR test now results in the same time frame. 

We now just do the proctored Binix eMed test at home on our laptop...results emailed in about 15 min.

On 6/9/2022 at 8:48 AM, timetravellers said:

We’re flying into Vancouver from England 3 days before sailing. Can anyone tell me where to get our pre cruise covid test done? 

Try the JW Marriott Parq, the Bon Voyage group are testing, this will be the nearest one to my hotel when we are in Vancouver.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you flying into a port and then taking your test there - are you not worried that you may test positive?  I'd rather test positive at home and not be able to get on the boat than be in another city ...

I understand if you are spending more than the 72h (that's what our requirement is) ... but otherwise ...

Thoughts?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kickboxrca said:

For those of you flying into a port and then taking your test there - are you not worried that you may test positive?  I'd rather test positive at home and not be able to get on the boat than be in another city ...

I understand if you are spending more than the 72h (that's what our requirement is) ... but otherwise ...

Thoughts?

I would actually not do a pre-cruise portion more than a day long, for precisely that reason.  Been there, done that.  Not worth it.   A big part of the problem is the high-risk activity you do while you're out doing your pre-cruise portion.