6-9-22 Thursday Weigh-In--- Just Do It This Month

Belle

J--Just do it

U--Up your protein (instead of carbs/sugar)

N--Never give up

E--Exercise

Is this what you tell yourself this/every month?

Is it working?

What tips are you using to help yourself? 

Will your tips help everyone? 

I hope everyone comes in this week and say how their doing whether it be good or bad.

Main thing is to hear from you that you haven't given up. That you're alright.

We're family here and we care. :classic_love:

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

Good morning.   

That 2 lbs from last week is back.  Currently at low end of range.  Getting excited about cruise . Started organizing for trip.  

Summer is here.  We are expecting to break100 this weekend.   Going to kayak again tomorrow.  Really enjoying my son he likes to cook.   He rides bike and there are amazing bike trails around me he can ride 30 miles with only crossing one road in the park.  

• Like 1

Hi Guys!

I'm baaack...  Before we started cruising in September I had lost 25 lbs (with help of y'alls support).  After approximately 130 days on a cruise ship I have gained 19 of those lbs back.  I am not kicking myself...that's why I lost it so I could enjoy the cruises without having to restrict myself.  Well....now it is time to start restricting😁.  Coming here for additional accountability certainly helps.  Now it is time to get back in my cruise clothes again.  Our next booked cruise is August 7 so I have some time.

Izena did I read that you are a retired nurse?  If so, we have that in common.  Prior to Covid I actually let my license lapse.   I had anticipated a nursing shortage and did not want to feel guilty for not going back.  I had no idea how true that thought would become.

Belle, as usual thank you for being there.

Jan, so sorry to hear about your health threat.  Just don't let it be a mental threat too.  We are here if you just want to come and SCREAM.  Prayers always your way.

To everyone else..I am talking way too long.  Will talk later.  I can't make up for 10 months of absence in one posting😄....Susan

• Like 1

Thanks for starting us off Belle

Welcome back Susan!!

Izena i missed it. Did your son move back semi-permanently or just short term?

I'm back to 32" but after a weekend of pizzas after a tub of ice cream, I'll take it!!

Made gingersaps as my weekly treat .... 1 of those satisfies 

Edited by Ombud

Susan as for my nursing license.  I couldn’t retire fast enough. .   Last position was hospital case manager the stress was unbelievable.  I could have made $$$$$$$$$ as a per  diem  but it wasn’t worth my health.   I would not have survived if I had to work during  peak of Covid.

Ombud my son is long term at this time.  It’s  nice to have someone in the house.   He cooks I do the dishes.

Morning everyone.

Izena--It's so nice you're at goal. You can gain and still be at goal. You worked hard

for that. Your maintaining is going so well. Your cruise is end of June, the 24th? Glad you're

enjoying your son being there. Nice to have a cook. Thank you for being a nurse and helping people.

Glad you retired, working covid would have been He**. 

Susan--Talk (write) as much as you want. We're here to (listen) read Thank you for being a

nurse too and helping people. yes, you left at the right time. Working during covid would have been He**.

Glad your back to get some of your gains off before your next cruise.   

You have 2 months till your next cruise. You'll get some off.

Ombud--I'm with you I just haven't been eating right. Don't know what's got into me. I leave

for my cruises in 4 weeks 2 days. Should be losing! Don't you leave this month for a cruise?

One cookie is all you can eat and stop, lucky you.

Me I gained a lb. Eating to many sweets. Like Ombud I love ice cream and with hot

weather this week--wanted it. No excuse. Promise to do better this week. Have to drink more water.

Jo--Hope to see you in here and tell us you're doing fine. You had a good lost last week, hope it stayed off. You're doing good in losing. Think you have a cruise in Oct.  Think you said something about wearing dresses on your cruises,

I used to, not anymore.

Jan-How are you doing, know that's not a great question but want to know how you're coping. 

Please come in and talk. Rant, scream, cry whatever you feel like. Know you have so many

feelings going on. Know you'll get through everything. Sure, your husband and kids will help.

Do you know when you're going to have surgery? Hope you can still do your cruises in August.

Edited by Belle

Hi all - I'm still lurking.  It's been interesting here - kind of a hurry up and wait.  I have an appointment with the surgeon on the 24th .... Not easy waiting a long time - talked (messaging) with my FNP and she said that they look at everything and the most critical get in the soonest - and that she knows that it is difficult to wait, but she says it will happen.    My kids have been attentive and I've spent a lot of time trying to get them to understand that it will be ok (whatever ends up) and they need to calm down a little bit.  In my house we have a saying that everything is done "Ken's Way" and my DH is trying so hard to make everything perfect and for everyone to do everything NOW .... The only one that doesn't do things Ken's Way is his wife .... I'm having to explain that his need for all to drop everything and do everything is very overwhelming and that we need to let it ride out .... I am pro-active, but I also need to try to live my life with everyone being calm....and my problem is that I live my life loving my family so much that it is a little heartbreaking not to make it all better for them.   Kind of a circle right now.

So, we have a cruise the middle of August and we will lose 50% to cancel right now - and most of this cruise was done with FCC, talked with DH and he says that we don't know if I will be having chemo during that time point (it is now in 2 lymph nodes) - so we aren't canceling until after everything is figured out.  I will go along with that - I'm hoping that we could reschedule to next year in August - funny how I would give up a med cruise next year for Alaska and I'm the one that hates winter/cold/and snow!!!

I weighed myself this morning and I am down 1.4# from the last time I weighed (I think that was 2 weeks ago).  I have been eating fine and have been staying healthy ... probably having a bit too much wine (but what the heck).  

Thanks everyone for listening - will try to be better at posting.  Jan

• Like 1

Belle you are awesome at keeping up with everyone’s plans.  Yes my cruise is in 2 weeks.  I’m getting excited.  Will relax once we get to Boston.  Laughing with my son this morning -rented a car for pre day will drive to Kittery  - anticipate gas to cost as much as rental.

Jan a close dog park friend just got the same report as you from mammogram.   I think this is the absolute worst time - the not knowing  - being on limbo.   It’s time for you to wear purple and learn to spit. (Look up the poem).  I hope you make your August cruise.   Tell your Dr it is important.  The cruise will be therapeutic  (make the scheduling of events about your needs not their convenience)

• Like 2

Jan sorry you have to wait till the 24th for the Dr. visit. Maybe you can call 

every few days and see if they have a cancelation.  Maybe between the surgery

and chemo (think you have to wait awhile, not sure, depends) if the dates work and you

feel up to it, maybe you can do your cruise.

Yes, Kens way has to be "your way" now. even if he means well. Your time to think of

you, your kids are adults, let them make it better for themselves, don't worry about them

too much, you need to take of yourself your needs.

Nice you lost weight, eating healthier and enjoying your wine. Wine helps then enjoy!

You know I'm thinking of you. Sending you the best thoughts I have for the best results.

Izena I remembered your date but not if regular cruise or another adventure one.

You have interesting cruises. Yes gas prices are out of sight. Think California has

the highest $6 plus a gal. Glad your having so much fun with your son. 

Jo, Ombud and Susan hope your all doing well.

Everyone have a good weekend. Take care and wear your mask if you want to

and it makes you feel safer. Counts still going up.

I shouldn't be left alone or be bored. Booked another cruise. Couldn't help when they give me

a free balcony am I going to say no?😆 Adding it on to the cruises I have in Nov. and Dec.

Love b2b2b's.🥰

............................................................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Thanks 1

Hi all!

Late to the party as always!

Belle ~ thanks for looking out for us all.

Susan ~ welcome back! Wow, that was a lot of cruising you did! (Yikes, can't get rid of the bold!)

Jan ~ thinking & praying for you often. Hope you can do your August cruise. I didn't think I'd like Alaska either with living in a cold climate but I did find it beautiful & worth returning to.

My weight stayed the same but I fear for next week as I celebrated being good by "trying" ripple potato chips & ended up finishing the bag in 2 days.

Have a nice weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Thanks 1

Still trying to stay on track despite not actually cooking. Hate to turn on the oven or stove when its 100°. Fortunately its cooler tomorrow 

Izena & Jan have a great lunch together

Wish I could cruise like Belle & Susan but things at home keep me off the ships. (Koda + 16yo now living here)

Belle you referenced California gas so maybe you're out here? 

Would love a meet up someday. My future cruises are in my signature, anyone on them?

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

Another hot day in Houston.

Jo I totally understand about the chips. I try to keep temptations out of the house I have  poor self control.  

Belle and Susan I’m very envious about you b2bs.   Like Ombud  not doable with Jazzper (14 and  getting more stubborn  all the time)

Son gone for weekend  — this is when I swiffer wash  the tile floors, dust etc.   we are going to try the kayaks with bike pedals this week (optional paddles are attached.   

Getting to my best weight has been life changing.  Now if I could subtract about 20 years and not have a caution/fear of falling  There would be no limits to crazy activities .

Everyone be safe, stay out of the heat and keep hydrated.

• Like 1

Izena, I haven't kayaked in ages (well at least a decade). Have fun!

Pizza again last night as it was the 3rd & final day at 100°. Yes I could have just had fruit & yogurt again. But nah! Kids wouldn't go for that

Good Morning Everyone!

Wishing you all a good week.

Welcome Florida, hope you join us on the Thursday weigh-ins and come

in anytime to talk about weight loss tips/ideas or anything else.

I need help. What I'm doing isn't working. What's wrong with my plan:

Breakfast:

Granola bar

Coffee w/ cream (tried milk but can't get used to it)

Lunch:

Yogurt parfait: 6 oz lt yogurt, 1/2c+ fresh fruit, 2T nuts for protein

Dinner:

Salad & more salad with drizzle lemon juice

Veggie burger no bun

Roasted veggies or street corn (no cheese)

Dessert: otter pop instead if ice cream

Snacks: carrots / cucumbers / snap peas

Basically fill up on water & raw veggies

Daily alternate dog park & walk with town walk (2-3 miles daily). Very little ball at night (threw back out)

Edited by Ombud

Looks healthy  ( except granola bars - some can be packed with calories .    Just for grins add up the calories. (I use my net diary) it will give  calorie count.  It will recommend how many calories needed to reach your goal.  (I have a very slow metabolism so would eat fewer calories than recommended)   

You are working diligently on your diet.   Don’t focus so much on numbers but how you physically feel.   We are our own worse critics.

my go to meals/snacks

1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal - cook add cinnamon, I use sweet/low, when cooked add 2lg egg whites.  (109 calories)

snack

2 oz drained tuna fish and 3 oz  fresh pineapple (100 Calories)

As I dieted I constantly changed my goals.  Started  with 10lb loss  which could take a few months initially  goal 5 lb a month which went to 3 then 2 then 1.   Get out of sizes that had X’s, then L, anything in Medium was great.   By having a variety of goals gave me hope.

• Thanks 1

According to online sites I should eat 1,649 calories a day to lose 1 lbs a week. From above:

On 6/14/2022 at 10:35 AM, Ombud said:

I need help. What I'm doing isn't working. What's wrong with my plan: 1200. 

Breakfast: 230+

190 Granola bar

40 Coffee w/ cream (tried milk but can't get used to it)

Lunch: 353

110 Yogurt parfait: 

190 nuts

53 Fruit

Dinner: 600

100 Salad & more salad with drizzle lemon juice

220 Veggie burger no bun

132-264 Roasted veggies or street corn (no cheese)

10 Dessert: otter pop instead if ice cream

100 Snacks: carrots / cucumbers / snap peas

So basically dinner is maybe too high? But it keeps me satisfied until morning. Trying for a month to see if it works. Should take 4+ months. Supposedly 

https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

Edited by Ombud

Sorry haven't been on much this week.

Ombud the only thing it could be is while healthy is the vegetables.

Corn, carrots and peas are high in carbs and the granola bar too.

Carrots and peas have more sugar. So should find vegetables with less

carbs and sugar like green beans, lettuce ect. That might help since you eat

more vegetables as snacks. (of course, any vegetable is better than sugar foods)

Don't we wish it could be the other way?

See everyone tomorrow.