7 and 9 year old girls attire for dinner

Milliegirl229

What is the appropriate attire for 7 and 9 yer old girls for dinner?  We are frequent cruisers but have not cruised with our granddaughters before and never paid attention to children at dinner. We will be on a summer Caribbean cruise. Thank you.

I have an 8 year-old that likes wearing dresses a lot on vacation when we go "out". She has a ton of these jersey dresses from H&M which she plans to wear to dinner, just a nice casual, dress. She'll probably also wear a romper or two I would imagine. For shoes, she just wears Toms 

Capture.JPG

Edited by doppelganger2621
  • Like 2

Your granddaughters can wear almost anything they/you want them to. As long as the clothes are clean and neat, no one will notice or care what they are wearing. RCI has drastically reduced their expectations for what people wear in the main dining room and Windjammer. If you plan on taking them to one of the specialty restaurants, they should be wearing nicer looking clothes.

• Like 4

My daughter wears sundresses (similar to the photo above) and nice sandals. She also brings along a very light weight sweeter. Super comfortable, yet a step above shorts and a T-shirt. Enjoy cruising with your grands!

• Like 2

Our granddaughters love to dress up.  Usually much better dressed than I am.  May take tux this time so I don't feel like a slob.  Many kids just wear t shirts and shorts.

• Like 2

My girls always liked to dress for formal nights  but a casual dress or even shorts / t shirt if they dressed down on a  casual night . But it was the comments we got when they were well behaved or snide remarks when they were misbehaving that tended to get the most focus. This was on princess cruises but on RCI there was less expectation . Have a good cruise . 

• Like 1