Sailing out of Seattle, switch health covid test

tmc057

Not sure if this question has been answered. We are sailing RCL out of Seattle in August, but will be in Seattle for the weekend before the cruise. If I do the switch health covid tests with the proctor at my airbnb before the cruise, will they accept it? Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you. I did see that post, that is now 6 months old, and was just wondering if that was still the case out of a different port. Stuff changes all the time & quickly. Anyone with a recent experience?

5 hours ago, tmc057 said:

Thank you. I did see that post, that is now 6 months old, and was just wondering if that was still the case out of a different port. Stuff changes all the time & quickly. Anyone with a recent experience?

Hi, we sailed out of Port Canaveral (May) and Miami (April) and used Walgreen's and CVS for PCR and Antigen testing. As well we were able to get testing at the Port of Miami Terminal J with results before we left the parking garage. All were at no charge. If you go online and book your tests prior the hotel will print out your results for you. Or you can go to an Office Depot and get them printed in minutes for about a quarter. We had driven to Florida, so had a vehicle, but the Walgreen's was close to our hotel and could have walked there. The hotel printed our results for no charge. We plan to do the same for our December cruise if they are still required.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, juraspark said:

Hi, we sailed out of Port Canaveral (May) and Miami (April) and used Walgreen's and CVS for PCR and Antigen testing. As well we were able to get testing at the Port of Miami Terminal J with results before we left the parking garage. All were at no charge. If you go online and book your tests prior the hotel will print out your results for you. Or you can go to an Office Depot and get them printed in minutes for about a quarter. We had driven to Florida, so had a vehicle, but the Walgreen's was close to our hotel and could have walked there. The hotel printed our results for no charge. We plan to do the same for our December cruise if they are still required.

Can you tell me how you were able to book your antigen testing appointments being non-citizens with CVS?

Carnival made a policy change a few weeks ago making my sons not "up to date" with their vaccinations (they aren't boostered as they don't qualify yet) meaning they cannot test before we leave home and have it valid for boarding - we need to get them tested when we're in Long Beach. 

I am having a hard time navigating their booking system as a non-citizen and am unclear as to the pricing.... might go the proctored switch health route but if I can get them booked into an in-person test, I think that would be my preference.

Thanks!