Daily testing is over

Poulsbo Cruisers

The website briefly updated last night and then reverted to its original text. But over on the other cruise discussion site, many current passengers are posting pictures of letters like this one. So it looks like Viking will make an announcement soon.

Edited by Twitchly

1 hour ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

Can anyone confirm what this letter states? 

The information I am reading on the website states "Depending on your dates of travel and conditions for your sailing, Viking may require up to daily PCR testing throughout your itinerary."  

Viking website is always way behind reality.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mhb1757 said:

HALLELUJAH!

That was exactly what I was going to post. Several Viking FB have confirmed this with posts of letters sent by the Captain. Met with cheers onboard . And I see now our cruise next May is sold out. It wasn't last week, lots of open suites. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

I think not even that....  Ding Dong the Witch is dead??

You: Will we still be tested upon boarding the ship?
Geraldo:

Thank you for your patience Ben. As of today we are no longer requiring tests either prior to departure or onboard.

You: Nothing at all?
Geraldo:

Unless someone shows symptoms or the ships personnel determine that someone needs to be tested, or a passenger requests a test, no.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Pushka said:

That was exactly what I was going to post. Several Viking FB have confirmed this with posts of letters sent by the Captain. Met with cheers onboard . And I see now our cruise next May is sold out. It wasn't last week, lots of open suites. 

Need to look at my cruise for June 2023. There was lots of available DV staterooms last week. My friends are waiting to Jan before they book this cruise. need to be sure it does not interfere with heir granddaughters graduation. Also they thought there might be a deal come next winter. ...

16 minutes ago, crimmj said:

But can we assume if someone actually gets sick with Covid on the cruise - the quarantine process will continue?

I believe the policy of every cruise line is to quarantine passengers who test positive. I don’t see that changing. 

• Like 3

I'm not always good about predicting the future, but I like knowing that on another thread, I mentioned that I thought that as long as the US required a negative test to return that Viking would do daily testing.  My prediction was accurate.

Having said that, 15 days of spitting into a tube last month was not a impediment to my experience.

• Like 5

Just in the nick of time for us! We were getting ready to cancel our next Viking cruise on Sunday and try a different line with more lenient policies. The testing while seemingly excessive was fine with us. Even the mandatory mask wearing didn’t bother us. But the risk of spending part of a vacation quarantined in a foreign country was too much stress.

We are thrilled with Viking’s wise decision.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, crimmj said:

But can we assume if someone actually gets sick with Covid on the cruise - the quarantine process will continue?

How??
The crew does reserve the right to test pax showing obvious COVID symptoms, but don’t expect folks to line up voluntarily for testing!

Edited by CILCIANRQTS
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rbslos18 said:

But the risk of spending part of a vacation quarantined in a foreign country was too much stress.

We are thrilled with Viking’s wise decision.

Not sure how Vikings decision actually changes this possibility. 
If you, unfortunately, had COVID symptoms on board, I’m sure you would ask to be tested. If you tested positive you would be quarantined, either onboard, or possibly in a foreign country. 
If you had COVID, or COVID symptoms, before your return flight, I’m sure you would voluntarily get tested. If positive, you would quarantine, possibly in a foreign country. 
 The elimination of testing is not the end of COVID. 

I will have faith in my fellow man, that when they are not 
sure what thing to do, they will do the right thing. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1