Covid tests in new orleans

kilndude

36 minutes ago, Sgwscruiser said:

There are several Walgreens and CVS stores on Canal street which are 7 blocks from the Port

But are any of them offering covid tests? Doesn’t look like it. For Walgreens the closest looks to be in the garden district on st. Charles ave and it’s only doing pcr lab tests. For CVS it looks like you have to go a couple miles from downtown to get a rapid test. None of the ones around canal street are offering any tests.

1 hour ago, kilndude said:

Anybody know the best place to get the test done in new orleans? we are arriving on november 3rd. and getting on the glory november6th. 

As of March they were doing testing in Fulton Parking Garage. You may want to check and see if they’re still doing it in the fall. Personally I have a home test in my backpack every time I’m traveling within the testing timeframe.

9E003F17-B338-48ED-B06A-7E9D73E831CB.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg

The ones (walgreens/cvs) downtown don't do testing since they don't have the capacity to do so. There are a couple of Urgent cares in the downtown area as well as testing at UMC Hospital just on the otherside of Canal street. UMC may only have PCR however since that's all I've ever gotten there but results less than 24 hours. The closest CVS or Walgreens to get tested are both on S. Claiborne Avenue in uptown New Orleans. 10 minute Uber from downtown. I get tested for cruises at the CVS, not issues, no cost to me(insurance) and results in less than an hour. Here is probably your best bet and they start appointments 2 weeks out. Things may be a little different when you are going because the testing sites change their rules often.

56 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

As of March they were doing testing in Fulton Parking Garage. You may want to check and see if they’re still doing it in the fall. Personally I have a home test in my backpack every time I’m traveling within the testing timeframe.

9E003F17-B338-48ED-B06A-7E9D73E831CB.jpeg

On my May 22nd cruise on the Glory, a person on our bus from Fulton Place got a test on Sunday morning of the cruise for $60 at the place you mentioned above. They told him he would get the results in about 15 minutes.

• Like 1