Hotel Buenos Aires

toheel

We will be doing an Antartica Cruise in February 2023. Prior to the cruise, we plan to spend at least 3 days in Buenos Aires. Since this will be our first time there, I'm looking for suggestions of pretty reasonable hotels near the cruise port and sightseeing areas. Any suggestions in entertainment and must see things would be most appreciated. Also, if anyone has taken this cruise, how should we dress during February in Buenos Aires?  Any suggestions or tips would be most appreciated. Would love to see the Argentine Tango while there. Thank you in advance....Bill

I will not recommend a hotel since we have not been to BA in over 5 years (we will be there this December).  But I will tell you a tale of tango :).  On our first visit to BA we arranged to go to a dinner club that featured tango (I do not even remember the name of the place).  It was touristy (only tourists go to those places) and OK.   One day DW and I decided to explore La Boca which is the city neighborhood that was arguably the birth place of the tango.  Although it is not the best part of BA, the area is safe enough (during the daytime) for walking and exploration.  As we walked down a narrow street we spotted an small restaurant/cafe and noticed that it seemed popular with locals.   So we grabbed an outdoor table to have lunch.  We soon see a truly beautiful couple walking down the street and the man was carrying a big Boom Box.  They stopped in the street adjacent to our cafe, turned on music, and started to dance.  They were far better than the two professional tango shows we have seen in BA.  

We look forward to returning to BA.  Also heading to Antarctica, but our cruise line provides the hotel prior to our charter flight to Ushuaia.  

Hank