Covid test uk

rdt123

Hi all

can anyone in the uk tell me where they ordered their covid tests from. Am I right in thinking those posted out lateral flow tests are ok where they email you the certificate after you upload an image ?

rob

All vaccinated guests, regardless of age, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (i.e., PCR) taken within 2 days of the embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. or Canadian port and within 3 days of the embarkation date for cruises originating from a non-U.S./Canadian port.
• All unvaccinated guests ages 2 through 11 will be required to bring proof of a negative NAAT test (i.e., PCR) result administered by a verified third party within 3 days of the embarkation date.

I read the above as vaccinated guests just need proof of negative test, and unvaccinated guests ages 2-11 need verified by third party test. I plan on doing one where you send a photo of negative test and they email you a certificate. That’s what I did in September last year. 

Country Requirements

Travel requirements may vary from country to country in Europe.

Embarkation Requirements

For cruises embarking in Greece, all guests ages 12 years and older must have negative NAAT (PCR) or Antigen test 24 hours prior to embarkation. If guest does not show proof of a valid test conducted within 24 hours prior to embarkation, an antigen test will be administered at the terminal covered by Norwegian.

Vaccination Requirements:

France: In order to be eligible to enter France as a vaccinated person for guests who received a one shot vaccine (Johnson & Johnson), at least four weeks must have passed after the shot.

All guests age 12 and over must present proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.

EU Healthy Gateways currently defines individuals as "Fully Vaccinated" against COVID-19 if they carry proof of vaccination with at least 14 days and no more than 270 days passed since the last dose of the primary vaccination series or if they have received a third or booster dose. To clarify, guests that have received a booster dose can travel regardless of the amount of time that has passed since their booster dose. Booster requirements vary by country as follows:

Booster Requirements:

Northern Europe/Baltic Itineraries (Baltic, British Isles & Iceland) do not require a booster.

Itineraries that include Italy, Spain, Greece, France, and Portugal require a booster, for all individuals 18 years or older, if their original vaccine course was taken more than 270 days prior to embarkation.

For itineraries which require boosters, in lieu of a booster 270 days after the primary series, guests may present a government recognized or official medical Certificate of Recovery.

For European Citizens, this would include an EU Green Pass or comparable certificate.

For all others unable to present an EU Green Pass (i.e. US Citizens) a doctor’s note, plus a laboratory confirmed PCR test result with the proper information (i.e. Name, Date, Date of Birth, Positive Result, etc.) will be accepted.

Children and Teens between the ages of 12 and 17: Full vaccination protocol at least two weeks after receipt of the final dose of Pfizer-BioNTech or any WHO approved vaccine. Children under the age of 12 are not required to show proof of vaccination.

Guests who cannot meet the above requirements should not travel to the ship as they will be unable to board.

Face Coverings:

Effective on 5/7/22 and beyond masks are optional on all sailings, unless visiting ports in Greece or Italy. In these ports, masks are required while indoors.

Italian ports specifically require KN95/FFP2 type masks.

Adhere to local regulations when visiting ports.

Effective 6/12/22, guests will no longer be required to show proof of negative Covid test to return to the United States.

In order to best comply with local regulations, all guests who require proof of a negative COVID-19 test in order to return to their home country, will now have the following options:

Purchase an easy-to-use telemedicine kit onboard (subject to availability)

Visit a local clinic

For an easy-to-use online tool for locating COVID-19 testing providers around the world, please visit www.TestForTravel.com.

MALTA FORMS

Going Ashore:

All Guests who do not hold an EU-COVID certificate and intending to go ashore will need to use VeriFLY.  

After creating a secure profile on their mobile device, passengers will upload vaccine information and other documentation as required directly into the VeriFLY app.

Under the "Add other" section, select "Malta arrivals". Once the information is completed and vaccine picture is uploaded, you have successfully submitted for review.

The VeriFLY app will verify that the passenger's information matches the requirements set by Malta and displays a simple pass or fail message.

Following that, the passenger will be guided to fill in the Passenger Locator Form for entry into Malta.

The VeriFLY app is available on Google Play and on the Apple App Store, and users shall be able to activate their “Trip to Malta” pass, which encapsulates the requirements for entry into Malta. It is highly recommended that guests download the app and complete the required information prior to embarkation.

The above will not be required for guests opting to remain onboard the ship and not proceed ashore.

1 hour ago, Fifi1910 said:

NCL sail safe info has been updated today. In Europe only cruises from Greece requiring negative test before embarkation. 

3 minutes ago, Fifi1910 said:

Country Requirements

Travel requirements may vary from country to country in Europe.

Embarkation Requirements

For cruises embarking in Greece, all guests ages 12 years and older must have negative NAAT (PCR) or Antigen test 24 hours prior to embarkation. If guest does not show proof of a valid test conducted within 24 hours prior to embarkation, an antigen test will be administered at the terminal covered by Norwegian.

I think you're misinterpreting the requirement for Greece versus other countries. For Greece you need a test within 24 hours of embarkation as stated in your citation. However for other countries that do not have unique requirements standard NCL protocols, which include a negative test result, still apply. The difference is Greece's "within 24 hours" requirement.

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe 

Universal testing & Pre-Embarkation Protocols

*Rules apply for all guest above the age of 2

Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in, the following testing requirements would apply:

All guests above the age of 2 will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (I.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test:

Within 2 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a U.S. port

Within 3 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a non-U.S. port

12 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I think you're misinterpreting the requirement for Greece versus other countries. For Greece you need a test within 24 hours of embarkation as stated in your citation. However for other countries that do not have unique requirements standard NCL protocols, which include a negative test result, still apply. The difference is Greece's "within 24 hours" requirement.

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe 

Universal testing & Pre-Embarkation Protocols

*Rules apply for all guest above the age of 2

Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in, the following testing requirements would apply:

All guests above the age of 2 will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (I.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test:

Within 2 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a U.S. port

Within 3 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a non-U.S. port

I think you’re right there. 

13 hours ago, Fifi1910 said:

NCL sail safe info has been updated today. In Europe only cruises from Greece requiring negative test before embarkation. 

From that do you think it is a reasonable to assume that other lines will drop the testing requirements in other countries.

36 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

From that do you think it is a reasonable to assume that other lines will drop the testing requirements in other countries.

The update was only that Greece needs negative test 24hour before embarkation. Elsewhere in Europe still need Negative tests 3days before embarkation. Considering that everyone gets off and does excursions in every port it seems daft really. Unless they test every day they’ve got no idea who has Covid, and now that UK and US doesn’t require neg test to fly back people will be getting on aircraft positive without knowing. 

Bought our LFTs from Boots and did an observed test, over video link, with dochq.com. Certificate (unfortunately positive) was emailed within a couple of minutes of completing the test

We've used Assured Screening on the past, especially when we needed  PCR tests before travel.

Just looked at their website for LFTs ahead of our cruise in September.   £11.99 each. Order inside 30 days of departure.  They post the kit(s) out. When you're ready,  do the test   then email  a photo of the test cassette alongside your passport ID page. 

Certificate emailed back within 12 hours ( or minutes  if it's in office hours).

We used Medicspot. Cost £20 each. Took them to USA with us and did the observed test from our hotel room in Denver. Wifi was good, tests weee negative and we had email confirmation about 10 mins later. Our hotel printed out the “fit to fly” certificate, but we used it to sail home on QM2.

Will definitely use this company again.

On 6/14/2022 at 12:44 PM, Harters said:

Bought our LFTs from Boots and did an observed test, over video link, with dochq.com. Certificate (unfortunately positive) was emailed within a couple of minutes of completing the test

Just looking at dochq.com for testing.  We have boxes of Flowflex acon antigen tests that we got when the children were testing for school, these were free. Flowflex are the ones sold by Boots also . Are they the ones you got from Boots?

Edited by alibabaxx

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 11:42 AM, alibabaxx said:

I was under the impression (for NCL) to have 'supervised' tests, whether that be in person or over video. Have some people just used the postal / email tests successfully to board?

I'm wondering the same.   It's the bit that says  COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party OR  via medically supervised home test:   

The Randox home one I've done gives a certificate that says it's been verified by Dr someone or other.     Hopefully by the time I go it will be a bit clearer (or no testing at all !)

• Like 1

When we did our tests on Zoom the certificate we got was “signed” by a doctor. But we never saw him, just had the process observed by a minion who was observing at least 6 other people at the same time. Hubby and I did them together, didn’t need to log on separately one after the other.

On 6/29/2022 at 1:56 PM, Misself said:

I'm wondering the same.   It's the bit that says  COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party OR  via medically supervised home test:   

The Randox home one I've done gives a certificate that says it's been verified by Dr someone or other.     Hopefully by the time I go it will be a bit clearer (or no testing at all !)

I've just checked the NCL rules and still stating the same about being supervised. 

On 7/3/2022 at 8:06 AM, Kristal Blade said:

When we did our tests on Zoom the certificate we got was “signed” by a doctor. But we never saw him, just had the process observed by a minion who was observing at least 6 other people at the same time. Hubby and I did them together, didn’t need to log on separately one after the other.

Who was that with? Did they watch each one of you do a test and drop the fluid onto the test strip? Do you then show it them online to get the certificate?

On 6/14/2022 at 12:44 PM, Harters said:

what happened with your cruise did you get money back of FCC?