Carnival Stock Below $10

Lee Cruiser

35 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Correct.  Pertinent would have worked there too, but as a shareholder of 4,000 shares who only bought 1,200 of them below the current price, seeing the recent financial statements evokes a deep sense of sadness and regret.   😉

Ok, I understand. We only have 100 shares bought at a price point in the low 30s, so we are not up to poignant.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Rate hike came out today.  Read it was the biggest since 94.  I thought the market would go down afterwards, but I was wrong.  It went up.  I guess the big fall a couple of days ago accounted for the hike.  The feds says to anticipate another one. 

Expect another 3/4 in September. Some think the market already has priced in a recession which the Feds would like to avoid. Inflation will go down when the price of oil does.

• Like 1

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Expect another 3/4 in September. Some think the market already has priced in a recession which the Feds would like to avoid. Inflation will go down when the price of oil does.

They indicated July for another hike. .   I watched the press conference 

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

That would be even better.

He almost let slip his target but checked his words.  I think they are trying for just under 4%.  They will be lucky if that works in light of our current energy policy. Interest rate and monetary policy can only do so much. 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Correct.  Pertinent would have worked there too, but as a shareholder of 4,000 shares who only bought 1,200 of them below the current price, seeing the recent financial statements evokes a deep sense of sadness and regret.   😉

I'm in a similar vicinity as you - though I'd say my average price/share is in the $15-$20 range so... My stock strategy in the past always seems to be buy high and sell low (which explains why I don't trade much for "fun"). With these though, I'm riding the rough seas, and going down with the ship if it comes to that, lol.

Tom

• Haha 1

Pent up demand is the only tail wind the cruise lines have going for them.  Fuel prices, Covid shenanigans, crew issues, supply issues, inflation in general are some of the headwinds.  Decreases in disposable income directly counter the pent-up demand.  A lot of folks are having to make hard choices right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

Pent up demand is the only tail wind the cruise lines have going for them.  Fuel prices, Covid shenanigans, crew issues, supply issues, inflation in general are some of the headwinds.  Decreases in disposable income directly counter the pent-up demand.  A lot of folks are having to make hard choices right now.

I wouldn't use those exact words, but Carnival is not immune either. Some seem to take issue with Carnival trying to mitigate those factors and more.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:53 AM, PittsburghGirlee said:

Just an F.Y.I. and my own personal experience. 

I have not received the Stock Option OBC $100.00 for a 7 days cruise, for my past 3 cruises due to the deeply discounted rate.  In the past, I was still given the OBC, not any longer.

Cheers!!

PG

I sent my request in back in April for cruises in September, Jan 2023 and April 2023.  The Jan and April cruises were booked during the half off sale for the 50th anniversary.  I received the benefit for all three cruises.

1 minute ago, MrMarc said:

You may want to go to the bathroom first, I think it's going to be a long ride.

I'm in no hurry. I won't be cruising on them this year (or maybe any year), but am thinking about Celebrity.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DrSea said:

What? This is almost a bad joke. Regulation is a drop in the bucket. There are much larger issues, such as the economy, gas prices, COVID, etc. 

It has been a big deal for Carnival for quite a while.  They almost were banned from sailing from the US pre-COVID because of violating a Federal Court order relating to environmental issues.  Little regulations and Court cases can basically add insult to injury.

Edited by MrMarc
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 6:23 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Carnival continues to trade in single digits and today CCL announced they are moving the 13 year old Costa Luminesa to Carnival. We already know the rumor mills are flying about selling off Seabourn to the Saudi Sovereignty. Maybe sell off Costa? Who knows, but this move is odd to me. The Carnival Luminesa will have a Polar Ice Cert, so that is worth something. But still very odd.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/27685-costa-luminosa-to-transfer-to-carnival-cruise-line.html

I agree with you on the selloff of Costa. Its like when you sell your home, but can't part with that painting over your sofa. Remove it before the new buyers see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With Carnival stock below $10 a share everyone that cruises once a year with one of their brands should buy the stock.  The stock will open this morning below $9.00 a share so buying 100 shares is a no brainer.  If you buy at that price, every time you get the OBC it’s as good as an 11% dividend.  If Carnival were to go belly-up then you lose very little money.  Only invest money you can afford to lose.

Edited by Oakman58
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

With Carnival stock below $10 a share everyone that cruises once a year with one of their brands should buy the stock.  The stock will open this morning below $9.00 a share so buying 100 shares is a no brainer.  If you buy at that price, every time you get the OBC it’s as good as an 11% dividend.  If Carnival were to go belly-up then you lose very little money.  Only invest money you can afford to lose.

Where is the floor though?