LIVE! - Regal Princess, Rome to Athens, 6/18 - 6/25

CruzerDeb

6 hours ago, Anubi said:

We are on the Regal in November for the Transatlantic.  Your pictures are making me want to be there NOW!!!  LOL

6 hours ago, Anubi said:

We are on the Regal for the Transatlantic in November.  Thanks so much for the pictures.  

Oh dear...I didn't realize both posts worked.  One never showed.  🙄

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Day Two - Naples, con.

(2nd time trying to post this; first one disappeared.)

We had reservations at Crown Grill for dinner and it did not disappoint! I had black & blue onion soup, filet mignon, loaded baked potato and triple chocolate treasure. The only slight disappointment was with the loaded baked potato; it was a little small (which turned out to be the perfect size), there weren’t very many toppings and it was barely warm. The dessert was amazing!!

We rushed from dinner to the show in Princess Theater, which was a singer named Paul Blake. He was excellent. After the show, I had to get a Bellini from Bellini’s and we listened to the great music in the piazza. 

702E29CA-7104-4C1F-8353-14D2187A5BE0.thumb.jpeg.93283c33bffb2efc60ceeec365f0a29b.jpeg

That's how they plated the filet mignon???  Egads.  Just a piece of meat alone on a plate?  I seem to recall they did better than that before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

That's how they plated the filet mignon???  Egads.  Just a piece of meat alone on a plate?  I seem to recall they did better than that before.

I have to agree. A sprinkle green herbs to encircle the need would have gone a long way for appeal.

• Like 3

I learned of your live report on another roll call. It is outstanding....we will be  on the Regal in November for a 15 day transatlantic departing from Rome..... Your photos are great! Your information is VERY valuable to us! Most of all ,The smiles on your moms face are priceless! 

Looking forward to the rest of cruise with you! thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It could just be the "fastest internet at sea" isn't so fast anymore.

Hopefully, that's not the case and @CruzerDebis just having too great of time on her cruise and just hasn't had the time to post as of late. I hope that's the case anyway. 🤞 We'll be boarding the Regal in a little over a week in Barcelona for our 21 day family cruise around the Med and plan to post to a "Live from" thread daily.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Hopefully, that's not the case and @CruzerDebis just having too great of time on her cruise and just hasn't had the time to post as of late. I hope that's the case anyway. 🤞 We'll be boarding the Regal in a little over a week in Barcelona for our 21 day family cruise around the Med and plan to post to a "Live from" thread daily.

Ken, where  will you be posting your "live from"?...looking forward to it!

Edited by tml1230

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Look forward to that, doing same 21 day cruise in August 2022 so looking forward to your 'live'.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 2:03 PM, tml1230 said:

I learned of your live report on another roll call. It is outstanding....we will be  on the Regal in November for a 15 day transatlantic departing from Rome..... Your photos are great! Your information is VERY valuable to us! Most of all ,The smiles on your moms face are priceless! 

Looking forward to the rest of cruise with you! thanks again!

Thank you so much for the kind words! I’m going to continue today as we are finally off the ship and I am once again able to post. 

• Like 4

Guys, Wi-Fi was terrible and I was unable to continue with my LIVE report. Sorry to let you all down. We disembarked in Athens this morning, followed by a fantastic 5-hour private tour. Got some rest, wrangled with the Swiss Air app (still not able to check in) and now we’re on our way to dinner. Our flight leaves at 7:00a tomorrow. I’ll try to post some more after dinner (depending on wine consumption, lol). Should have time before our flight, but who knows?!

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 3:40 AM, Esprit said:

Seems odd that there have been no live updates for a few days. I hope the OP and mother are OK!

We are both fine! I couldn’t get CC to open at all. Ugh. So much to tell …

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 7:51 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

The Wi-Fi sucks. The Medallion app sucks, with it working every now and then just to give one a glimmer of hope. On the Wi-Fi issue, I had whatever was included in my booking; don’t know if you can pay more for better service. 

• Thanks 1