Jump to content

Costa Luminosa to join the Carnival Fleet in Brisbane


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, rkmw said:

Chez it will be nice to see what the itinerary is and I’m off on the Coral tomorrow and I’ll let you know what it’s like

Bon voyage bob, you moved  to rum country? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I "heard" a rumour that Diamond could be coming back instead.

Would be nice, but been there, done that. We have done quite a few grand class, and as much as we love them, we want to try out the newer ones too. We have been trying to get onto Royal for a few years now - bloody covid.

 

Time to update the signature with another 3 cruises (2 x Princess, 1 x Carnival). All short ones that use up very little leave for both of us, so that we can bank some time for another big holiday when everything has opened up again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They may be reverting back to the smaller ships if some ports are limiting the number of passengers. Some of the smaller Pacific Island ports might not allow the bigger ships and maybe even some of the smaller NZ ports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Bon voyage bob, you moved  to rum country? 

Yes Les I’ve been here for 6 months and closer to the family

 

Coota got too cold

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, rkmw said:

Yes Les I’ve been here for 6 months and closer to the family

 

 

We are at Windaroo - have been here for 36 years 🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

"LUMINOSA - Spanish female name - full of light - from Virgin of Lights".

Or is it Italian?

For Costa, I would imagine Italian. It sounds better than calling the renamed ship Carnival Bright

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Was that a new area when you shifted there 36 years ago?  What shire?

Yes - new Golf course type estate  a few K's  outside Beenleigh. Used to be in Albert Shire ( when it existed)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

Yes - new Golf course type estate  a few K's  outside Beenleigh. Used to be in Albert Shire ( when it existed)  

I knew the name was familiar.  It was the golf course.  Albert Shire became part of the GC.  Are you now in GC or did they split Albert Shire?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Carnival Spirit looks tame in comparison.

 

lobby.jpg.3d40ea0c2403625f7cf3cebacaec474b.jpg

JH just mentioned that this stupid thing is staying. It's in the way of all the Fun Activities that occur in the Atrium. Get rid of it. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

JH just mentioned that this stupid thing is staying. It's in the way of all the Fun Activities that occur in the Atrium. Get rid of it. 

Yeah, that 's where I pinched the pic from. Needs a block style reno.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yeah, that 's where I pinched the pic from. Needs a block style reno.

It needs a LOT DONE. One less pool that the Spirit/Legend, no waterslides, that stupid Atrium art piece has to go, and they better put in a Red Frog Pub and a Guys Burgers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

It needs a LOT DONE. One less pool that the Spirit/Legend, no waterslides, that stupid Atrium art piece has to go, and they better put in a Red Frog Pub and a Guys Burgers.

Yep, take away a year round Spirit and replace her with a 5 month ship that hasn't been Aussified, then spin it to make it seem like they are doing you a favour.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yep, take away a year round Spirit and replace her with a 5 month ship that hasn't been Aussified, then spin it to make it seem like they are doing you a favour.

Exactly. So annoying. I have three FCC's to booked before October and I was planning out all my school holidays cruises, to then have that taken away between April and October. Ggrrgghhhhhh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I knew the name was familiar.  It was the golf course.  Albert Shire became part of the GC.  Are you now in GC or did they split Albert Shire?

We went from Albert Shire to GC Shire , and then went onto Logan Shire. Logan Shire Council has been much better for us even though we weren't too keen when it was first announced. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

We went from Albert Shire to GC Shire , and then went onto Logan Shire. Logan Shire Council has been much better for us even though we weren't too keen when it was first announced. 

GC wasn't keen taking on expenditure of Albert Shire.  Now I wonder where GC would put all the people building in the northern suburbs of GC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carnival  stated  that " there will be modest updates to the Costa Luminosa to go to the Carnival fleet." What do you reckon that will include? and when will the full refurbishment take place.I was  booked for October 2022 on the Spirit until they cancelled it. I took Carnivals offer and booked for the 4th Feb 2024. This I thought would give the cruising Covid situation time to get sorted out. I am hoping by the time Oct 2024 arrives the Luminosa will have been fully refurbished to a fun ship. Now I have reached the age of 80 yrs I am looking forward to a fun ship not a quiet one. As an ex Londoner would say            " a good ole knees up "  😂

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JohnGc said:

Carnival  stated  that " there will be modest updates to the Costa Luminosa to go to the Carnival fleet." What do you reckon that will include? and when will the full refurbishment take place.I was  booked for October 2022 on the Spirit until they cancelled it. I took Carnivals offer and booked for the 4th Feb 2024. This I thought would give the cruising Covid situation time to get sorted out. I am hoping by the time Oct 2024 arrives the Luminosa will have been fully refurbished to a fun ship. Now I have reached the age of 80 yrs I am looking forward to a fun ship not a quiet one. As an ex Londoner would say            " a good ole knees up "  😂

 

Thanks for a laugh out load.  I love your attitude!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks for a laugh out loud.  I love your attitude!

As the wife keeps telling me  " time you grew up you idiot "     😂 👍 😃

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

As the wife keeps telling me  " time you grew up you idiot "     😂 👍 😃

My late wife often said to me…You should be on the stage…the first one out of town.  So I understand where your wife is coming from 🙄🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My late wife often said to me…You should be on the stage…the first one out of town.  So I understand where your wife is coming from 🙄🙄

NSWP  It is sad she cant keep saying it. We really do need the women to keep us on the straight and narrow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...