Costa Luminosa to join the Carnival Fleet in Brisbane

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Out of curiosity I looked at their website for Australian cruises, there was one cruise with cabins only available in interior cabins.  Had to LOL and logged out.  

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Out of curiosity I looked at their website for Australian cruises, there was one cruise with cabins only available in interior cabins.  Had to LOL and logged out.  

I reckon they have been listening to channel 9 and decided to keep all the other cabins for isolation . I think I will give that one a miss.😄

Edited by JohnGc
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnGc said:

Yep.still waiting,waiting,waiting. very strange. " We will inform you soon " has been a long soon. Has it been in dry dock and had any changes to Carnival yet ? I cant seem to find much information on it.

No drydock or conversions yet. She is sailing for Costa until 4th September. Her final cruise ends in Trieste, which seems to be a popular place for ship reno's at present. 2 months will be plenty of time to get some work done and get down here.

No Whale Tale, no water slides. Not sure what they are doing and what they are otherwise skipping. I guess there will be a Carnival media blitz about all of the new additions when the new itineraries are finally announced.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, arxcards said:

No drydock or conversions yet. She is sailing for Costa until 4th September. Her final cruise ends in Trieste, which seems to be a popular place for ship reno's at present. 2 months will be plenty of time to get some work done and get down here.

No Whale Tale, no water slides. Not sure what they are doing and what they are otherwise skipping. I guess there will be a Carnival media blitz about all of the new additions when the new itineraries are finally announced.

Thanks Geoff, It's going to be interesting to see if they are planning to tame down some of the interior deco. I wonder how people with youngsters that originally booked on the Spirit for the waterslide etc, feel about that entertainment not being there until a later date. I will be interested to know if I will still get a cabin on the same deck in the the same position as I originally booked on the Spirit. Carnival did say they will try to do that and looking at the deck plan of the Luminosa deck 7  it appears that there is a three berth balcony cabin ( with single sofa bed ) in the same spot. 🤞

( Cruise Mapper has Carnival Luminosa  deck plans )

Edited by JohnGc

11 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thanks Geoff, It's going to be interesting to see if they are planning to tame down some of the interior deco. I wonder how people with youngsters that originally booked on the Spirit for the waterslide etc, feel about that entertainment not being there until a later date. I will be interested to know if I will still get a cabin on the same deck in the the same position as I originally booked on the Spirit. Carnival did say they will try to do that and looking at the deck plan of the Luminosa deck 7  it appears that there is a three berth balcony cabin ( with single sofa bed ) in the same spot. 🤞

( Cruise Mapper has Carnival Luminosa  deck plans )

I think there could be a double refit. Those booking the new itineraries for this season will know what limited Carnival features are aboard. Hopefully by the time she returns the following summer, it will be more of a Carnival ship for those that were expecting Spirit.

Cabin layouts should be pretty similar, as they are sister ships, but the decor could well be different. Much of the cabin decor tends to live with the ship throughout its life, so I hope it is compatible.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

I think there could be a double refit. Those booking the new itineraries for this season will know what limited Carnival features are aboard. Hopefully by the time she returns the following summer, it will be more of a Carnival ship for those that were expecting Spirit.

Cabin layouts should be pretty similar, as they are sister ships, but the decor could well be different. Much of the cabin decor tends to live with the ship throughout its life, so I hope it is compatible.

It looks a bit over the top at the moment, but hey who cares it is a cruise. I will just keep my sunglasses on, it will be a good look with my mask as well.😄

2 hours ago, JohnGc said:

It looks a bit over the top at the moment, but hey who cares it is a cruise. I will just keep my sunglasses on, it will be a good look with my mask as well.😄

At least the Luminosa cabins look bland enough, well, carpet aside.

I wonder if Peppa Pig will make it down with the ship?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Hope so, I am quite partial to a pork roast with that lovely crackling.😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Hope so, I am quite partial to a pork roast with that lovely crackling.😂

No roast pork on Costa, plenty spaget and garlic and singing waiters, lol.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Won't be Costa any more.

Burnt Peppa bacon for breakfast.

The Italian cooks could still be on board though.  I suppose they can do the nuked/cremated American streaky bacon. Spag on toast in the mdr.lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Time ticks on, and it is now down to 80 days till their intended sailings start from Brisbane. No new info for weeks, and no itineraries have been announced. I am starting to sense cold feet. 

Royal is having trouble filling Quantum o/t Seas, and it is looking like Pacific Encounter also doesn't need any direct competition in Brisbane this summer. Does anyone have anything contrary?

Nothing much yet, waiting, waiting. All I have heard is that they go on sale before the end of August, so in the next two weeks. I have four FCC's to book so they better get their skates on. The value-add bonus OBC offer expires 31/10/22. COME ON CARNIVAL!!!

• Like 1

I just found this post in CC by user @thecruiserofships (thank you to them) in the Carnival section.......

It looks like Carnival is getting close to releasing Carnival Luminosa sailing itineraries/dates for bookings. The docking space is now reserved for Seattle sailings and a couple dates have appeared in the Carnival Hub App. The tentative cruise dates from Seattle are as follows: 

• May 2023;  4, 11, 18, 25 
  • June 2023: 1, 8, 15, 21, 28 
  • July 2023: 6, 13, 20, 27
  • August 2023: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 
  • September 2023: 7, 14 

http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/carnival-luminosa-2023-alaska-cruises 

https://claalaska.com/?page_id=1250 (primary source of the above dates - includes other port docking calendars too) 

Most of the Seattle dates are departures on Thursday to sail what would be 7 night cruises. There is at least one 6 day and one 8 day mixed in. The Carnival Hub app currently shows November 6, 2022 and May 4, 2023 which could correspond to the first Brisbane date and then the first Alaska cruise from Seattle date. 

With docking space reserved and work starting to take place on the Carnival Hub App, hopefully it won't be too much longer before the Carnival Luminosa is open for bookings. I'm personally curious to see what work the ship gets (and does not get) since there will be a minimal amount of time for Carnival to make updates to the ship......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

I just found this post in CC by user @thecruiserofships (thank you to them) in the Carnival section.......

It looks like Carnival is getting close to releasing Carnival Luminosa sailing itineraries/dates for bookings. The docking space is now reserved for Seattle sailings and a couple dates have appeared in the Carnival Hub App. The tentative cruise dates from Seattle are as follows: 

• May 2023;  4, 11, 18, 25 
  • June 2023: 1, 8, 15, 21, 28 
  • July 2023: 6, 13, 20, 27
  • August 2023: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 
  • September 2023: 7, 14 

http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/carnival-luminosa-2023-alaska-cruises 

https://claalaska.com/?page_id=1250 (primary source of the above dates - includes other port docking calendars too) 

Most of the Seattle dates are departures on Thursday to sail what would be 7 night cruises. There is at least one 6 day and one 8 day mixed in. The Carnival Hub app currently shows November 6, 2022 and May 4, 2023 which could correspond to the first Brisbane date and then the first Alaska cruise from Seattle date. 

With docking space reserved and work starting to take place on the Carnival Hub App, hopefully it won't be too much longer before the Carnival Luminosa is open for bookings. I'm personally curious to see what work the ship gets (and does not get) since there will be a minimal amount of time for Carnival to make updates to the ship......

They have had port bookings in Brisbane for quite some time though. Allowing only 10 weeks to sell these itineraries seems a bit crazy, and it is not like they can go into a discount war with Pacific Encounter which is also far from sold out.

They haven't really said what they are doing, more what they aren't. Unless it is just a PR/shakedown cruise, the first port booking is for 3rd November, then 6th November. If they know what their plans are, they should be available already. It is possible they might choose to spend a couple of extra weeks on a full refurb and send her down later in November, or not deciding on the deployment until the Pacific Islands are open with ships in ports, as I don't think Brisbane will get enough passengers to fill 3 x Carnival branded ships if we are still reverting to short cruises or domestic ports.

• Like 2

I think the cruiselines are going to have to drop their prices a bit if they want to full up their ships. I havent really seen any real baragins. Nothing to tempt me to pull the trigger.

I got a couple of FCC with Princess that I have to book by December and sail by August 2023. But nothing take my fancy and cruises are pricey so I rather lose $200 than overpay at moment and they wont extend the date on them too. On well their loss. I'm not going to book for sake of booking.

Jubilee sail dates were on the hub app, and then Carnival released them the day after or whatever, so I think Luminosa's cruises are coming tomorrow or days after.

Also look what John Heald posted:

"Good evening Australia.

Stay tuned and in the days ahead to see more about your ship and where she will take you.
Cheers"
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Jubilee sail dates were on the hub app, and then Carnival released them the day after or whatever, so I think Luminosa's cruises are coming tomorrow or days after.

Also look what John Heald posted:

"Good evening Australia.

Stay tuned and in the days ahead to see more about your ship and where she will take you.
Cheers"

Days ahead was being rolled-out 6 weeks ago. 10 weeks isn't much lead time to sell the early Brisbane cruises, especially with 3 other ships in Brisbane also having to work harder than usual to fill cabins. Sure, there will be some cancellation credits floating around but it needs more than that, particularly with a hybrid Costival ship.

• Like 1

Yeah, no time to sell,

no updates on what's going to go inside,

Pretty piss poor effort Carnival Australia.. 

2 weeks they reckon in Drydock?? Has Carnival said that??

With 9 plus weeks to get here in total with dry-dock. (Would take 5 weeks of actually sailing I reckon from Italy.).

They would have to have at least The Punchliner, Red Frog Pub, Alchemy Bar, Guys Burgers. To keep passengers happy..

With the competition offering so much more.

Plus today Carnival Australia pushed back another week with there Non-Vaxxed passengers listings. 5% total of passengers can be non-Vaxxed. I have a 1 year old, who has to be put on that list on the 3 cruises we have before 1st January. She can't be Vaxxed but we still have to do exemption forms..

After 21 cruises & going Diamond 💎 on the 2nd cruise back. Might have to do my 2nd RCL..

• Like 2

The 5% has covered for all cruise operators to date, and would fit with the agreements in the East Coast Cruise Protocols, so quite possible that Carnival has little say on the 5% rule and testing requirements. The US has recently relaxed their covid protocols, but that was reliant on CDC backing down first. They are a fair way further down the track than we are. Yes, pain in the butt, but not just a Carnival thing.

Based on Pacific Adventure's current transit from Cyprus to Sydney, they could get from there to Brisbane in 4 weeks, plus a couple of days to get from Trieste to Cyprus. I can't recall specifics around a 2 week drydock. They do have a bit longer on the current timeline, but there has to be something that isn't set in concrete for them to have waited so long to launch the itineraries.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 6:32 PM, arxcards said:

Days ahead was being rolled-out 6 weeks ago. 10 weeks isn't much lead time to sell the early Brisbane cruises, especially with 3 other ships in Brisbane also having to work harder than usual to fill cabins. Sure, there will be some cancellation credits floating around but it needs more than that, particularly with a hybrid Costival ship.

I agree.

It's annoying that coming days means months to them.

• Like 1