Referral bonus?; deluxe veranda v penthouse on Navigator; wheelchair

Borna

I''m about to book my first cruise with a family member (in same cabin) on Regent's Navigator trip.

I've heard that if a prior voyager on Regent refers me to Regent, both the referring voyager and I receive some small discount/compensation from Regent - is that true?  

The deluxe veranda and penthouse are the same size.  Main benefit to penthouse appears to be pre cruise hotel for 1 night.  Any thoughts on any other differences between the veranda and penthouse?  I don't really care about the cabin location.

My family member will likely require a wheelchair.  Does Regent have wheelchairs on board that we could use for excursions?

thanks for your input, experienced Regent voyagers.

19 hours ago, Borna said:

I''m about to book my first cruise with a family member (in same cabin) on Regent's Navigator trip.

I've heard that if a prior voyager on Regent refers me to Regent, both the referring voyager and I receive some small discount/compensation from Regent - is that true?  

The deluxe veranda and penthouse are the same size.  Main benefit to penthouse appears to be pre cruise hotel for 1 night.  Any thoughts on any other differences between the veranda and penthouse?  I don't really care about the cabin location.

My family member will likely require a wheelchair.  Does Regent have wheelchairs on board that we could use for excursions?

thanks for your input, experienced Regent voyagers.

There is a compensation if you get a referral, but they've pretty well discouraged that from happening on these boards anymore,

The penthouse does get you a butler, I think that's the main bonus.  The concierge suites, which are between the deluxe veranda and the penthouse levels also give you the pre-cruise hotel night.

On 6/14/2022 at 9:33 PM, Borna said:

The referral bonus does not apply if the person is in the same cabin. We've tried this before, and that was the answer 🙂

Other than the hotel night, the penthouse gets you: a butler, earlier access to booking excursions and Prime 7 dining (same access as people with 21+nights in the loyalty program), coffee/espresso maker in the room, binoculars in the room, slightly upgraded toiletries, and additional wifi logins.

Edited by wishIweretravelling
added item

• 2 weeks later...

they'll need to fill out the referral bonus form and know your booking number.  I had my TA do it.  She had a client that she used for the referral.  I received my Ambassador $250 off the fare on my first cruise. There is a very short window to submit the form.