Staying near Sea of Galilee post cruise tour suggestions

DebA2

After disembarking in Haifa, my husband and I will extend our stay two days. We have lodging that night at the Sea of Galilee. I would either like to 1) take a Nazareth/Sea of Galilee tour from Haifa and be dropped off at our hotel instead of returning to the port, or 2) taxi to our hotel and then take a tour out of Tiberius. I would also love to take an early boat ride on the lake the next morning before continuing to Tel Aviv later in the day. Any suggestions for tour operators or logistics?

Edited by DebA2
Misspelled word

Some years back we did an excellent shared tour from Haifa where the last stop was Tiberias.

Sorry, can't help with names - that was a tour that we picked up outside the port gate, and on a more-recent port-of-call stop at Haifa the cruise port had been re-modelled & no sign of any tours being touted.

If you find a shared tour it's important to check whether the van has room for your luggage - most tour vans don't.

JB 🙂

Thank you! One tour provider out of the port declined to drop us off near Tiberias at the Church of Beatitudes monastery, so I will focus on finding a local tour operator after taking a taxi to our hotel. Now I am wondering about disembarking, and when we might meet a taxi if we officially arrive at 6 a.m.

Are you sure you'll be disembarking at 6am?

Arrival time & disembarkation time aren't the same thing.

Ships sail past me to  arrive at Southampton around 4am to 5.30am, but disembarkation is 7am or later.

It doesn't help that some cruise lines quote expected disembarkation time as "arrival time".

If you can't get conformation of your dis-embarkation time from the cruise line, can I suggest you pre-book a taxi / private transfer from a Haifa operator -they're likely to know the normal dis-embarkation times.

JB 🙂

• Like 1