Arrive USA by air - Depart by sea

sandancer

I have also posted the following on the Cruise Air forum but hope by posting here someone may have had the same problem - so here goes:

As I have no idea where to ask this question I am hoping someone might have relevant information. In April we left Fort Lauderdale by cruise ship afterstaying 5 nights from the date of arrival. Today we both had emails from the US Border Agency advising that our i95 entries are about to expire and we need to leave the US. It appears the cruise line did not follow procedure and advise the authorities that we had departed. The emails have a do not reply rider so no way to reply. We are returning in August by air and can see us at the front of a long line at MIA trying to persuade the agent that we have not overstayed. Any ideas?

•  

Contact your cruise-line and the US Border Agency:

https://www.cbp.gov/contact?language_content_entity=en

https://help.cbp.gov/s/questions?language=en_US

If you use the webform there is the facility to upload an attachment - maybe your cruise booking confirmation and itinerary together with a copy of the email that you have received.

Definitely worth getting sorted before you try to return to the USA

• 2 weeks later...

We had this problem  -  a few cruises and years  ago  and just ignored it.  been back to the US  at least twice since and  were not stopped or queried.   The whole ship was  affected and one guy from Australia  spent months  trying to get it fixed. Dont know if he ever did.

All seems a bit jobsworth  when you consider the number of illegal immigrants they have.

Edited by Aulanis