new forum recently added to cruise critic- Q & A Princess Cruises Medallion Masters

Good Morning Fellow cruisers,

I just noticed that there is a New Forum on the home page of Cruise Critic that may be of interest to anyone booked or thinking about booking a Princess cruise and you have questions regarding the Medallion. The Medallion Masters team will be there the week of June 27th to answer your questions!

It's titled Q & A: Princess Cruises-Medallion Masters

Cheers 

CRUISING ALONG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for drawing my attention to this Forum.  I've had a quick squiz at the questions and responses from fellow travellers and all I can say is that I'm so grateful my next cruise is not until May 2024 when, hopefully, all these bugs and dramas will be sorted.   🤞

From what I can see so far, it might not be a bad idea to throw the entire concept overboard and go back to the way things were before when they actually worked. Mind you, that might require some futurists and a software engineer or two to accept they'd made a program which was unworkable for an awful lot of cruisers.  Not sure I'd be putting my hand up to admit that!  Imagine how many $M have been spent to develop the app in the first place?  Not a good time to be costing the company money.  

Makes you wonder about the make up of the comparative testing group?

• Like 1

The Medallion system was put into operation quite a while before COVID hit. There were teething problems then and now we have the added complication of requirements regarding COVID vaccination and testing.  I could say it is 'testing' in more ways than one.😁

• Like 4

Curious to see how our January cruise on Majestic goes.

My understanding is that the medallion itself is fine, but the companion app is buggy and flaky, which is a shame. I like it when companies innovate, but putting something out when it's not ready can really erode confidence in the whole platform.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I've been mostly been able to fill out the required documentation so far using a combination of the app and the browser based site, but honestly it's not as user friendly as it should be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Bring back ye olde cruise cards please Mr Princess.

You've got my vote. I'm sorting out, hopefully, our last of the group of 6 on Thursday. I even had to feed her the info about going to the local Medibank Office to get a copy of her international Covid certificate.

• Like 1

So, the million dollar question, say a passenger does not possess a mobile  phone or a phone capable of taking the medallion app, like one of the old phones with no internet/data, how do they get on? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NSWP said:

say a passenger does not possess a mobile  phone or a phone capable of taking the medallion app, like one of the old phones with no internet/data, how do they get on? 

There's a webapp version of the app that they can use.

Alternatively they do it old school and turn up and do the paperwork upon check in like they've always done.  

You'd want to make sure you've got all the right paperwork, especially as it pertains to vaccinations, covid test etc.. but my understanding is that you can always turn up and check in like normal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

For ease of checking in, I am prepared to take the paperwork as well as use the app

I think for the foreseeable future, it would be wise to have ALL the documentation and paperwork for everything when you turn up lol. I'm not discounting the rules changing at the last minute (or indeed.. on the way to the port!!) so I'm not leaving anything to chance.

Ours is January though so hopefully they've worked out the kinks by then.

I can dream, right?

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

So, the million dollar question, say a passenger does not possess a mobile  phone or a phone capable of taking the medallion app, like one of the old phones with no internet/data, how do they get on? 

16 hours ago, losfp said:

There's a webapp version of the app that they can use.

Alternatively they do it old school and turn up and do the paperwork upon check in like they've always done.  

You'd want to make sure you've got all the right paperwork, especially as it pertains to vaccinations, covid test etc.. but my understanding is that you can always turn up and check in like normal.

And on the ship itself the cabin TV is interactive plus there are interactive screens throughout the ship which can be used to do things like make bookings, check your account, buy FCDs, see the daily programme, etc. Stuff that is also available through the app.