Best Western Plus San Pedro-Closed???

"Best Western Plus San Pedro" is often used to overnight for cruises leaving from the Port of Los Angeles. Does anyone know if it's still in business? When you go to the Best Western web-site, it just says "the hotel you searched for is no longer available".  If you try to call the direct phone number to the hotel, it just rings and rings.  Nobdoy ever picks up the call.  We have reservations there in December the night before our Christmas cruise.  I'm thinking I may need to be looking for other arrangements. (We just made the reservation about a month ago.)

6 hours ago, sbaker said:

"Best Western Plus San Pedro" is often used to overnight for cruises leaving from the Port of Los Angeles. Does anyone know if it's still in business? When you go to the Best Western web-site, it just says "the hotel you searched for is no longer available".  If you try to call the direct phone number to the hotel, it just rings and rings.  Nobdoy ever picks up the call.  We have reservations there in December the night before our Christmas cruise.  I'm thinking I may need to be looking for other arrangements. (We just made the reservation about a month ago.)

It is being converted to temporary housing for homeless veterans. 

This subject was just discussed on the West Coast Departures board...which is actually the board where your question belongs. 

Yes, you need to make other arrangements. If you want information about other hotels in San Pedro, you'll find it on West Coast Departures. 

Edited by njhorseman

I also had a reservation earlier this year for December 1 and good thing I went to take a look again at the hotel's rooms availability and saw that it was gone from the booking website.  I now have to look elsewhere to get a reasonable rate near the cruise port.  I will have to cancel my airport transfer as well.