Galveston to IAH

25dbb

What is the earliest we should schedule a flight out of IAH (Bush) when docking at Galveston. We would rather do Hobby, but more airlines do nonstop flights from IAH.

25dbb

Just now, 25dbb said:

Leaving Bayonne ThursdayOct 27, ending in Galveston Thursday Nov 10, Adventure of the Seas, relocation to Galveston home port for the winter months

LOL, we're on the same cruise, but we live here.

Fog won't be an issue.  We will dock at the new terminal which will be state of the art.

You could book the RCL transfer, a private service, taxi or Lyft.  RCL will be the least expensive since gas prices have increased transportation costs.

Hobby is the closest but IAH has the most selection of flights.

We fly Southwest frequently to avoid going to IAH though we use both and are accustomed driving to IAH so it takes us a little more than an hour on the toll road.

If you walk off with your luggage and have a private service, no issues.  November 10th is a Thursday so no other RCL ship.  6-9 AM will have traffic going north to Houston. A car service will use the toll road which really saves time.

Hope to meet you on the ship!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kruiserkatie said:

@Galveston Cruiser  Would you have any recommendations for private transfers from Galveston to IAH? We are sailing on NCL Prima and will need private transfers to the airport. I am sailing with my mom who has mobility issues.  Thank you!

We have never used a transfer as we either leave the car at the airport or friends drive us.  

You can try Lyft, taxi or one of the local shuttle service (google Galveston to Houston transportation)

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 8:58 AM, kruiserkatie said:

@Galveston Cruiser  Would you have any recommendations for private transfers from Galveston to IAH? We are sailing on NCL Prima and will need private transfers to the airport. I am sailing with my mom who has mobility issues.  Thank you!

Have you found information about private transfers yet?

We have been in contact with Galveston Saltwater Moms.   They have a FB page.  Haven't used them yet, but I'm extremely impressed with their responses to my questions.  We will be booking with them for transportation from IAH to Galveston prior to our Prima cruise.  I had seen earlier threads on this board that recommended them.

• Like 1