Follow up “live” for June 19 coral princess

8 hours ago, CruiseMatt2022 said:

Have the first night menus been the same both times in the MDR @Cbtours?

From what I've seen of photos it appears to be the standand first night dinner with prime rib. Princess is fairly predictable in that respect, although they do very well on long cruises by varying the menus rather than just cycling through the same set. B2Bs get a bit boring though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

From what I've seen of photos it appears to be the standand first night dinner with prime rib. Princess is fairly predictable in that respect, although they do very well on long cruises by varying the menus rather than just cycling through the same set. B2Bs get a bit boring though.

Apparently passengers are very predictable. The cruiselines know that on the first night or two of a cruise people tend to have conservative tastes. That’s why things like prime rib are on the menu. After a couple of days people are more likely to order more exotic items from the menu. And then for the last evening or two they seek out the familiar again. 
Now, of course, there are exceptions to the rule. And many of us here are seasoned cruisers and are possibly far from the norm. (Well I know I am! 🤪) But the cruiselines study the data from every cruise and adjust things to follow trends. They have a fair idea of how many people are going to order prime rib on the first night of a cruise. 

11 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Apparently passengers are very predictable. The cruiselines know that on the first night or two of a cruise people tend to have conservative tastes. That’s why things like prime rib are on the menu. After a couple of days people are more likely to order more exotic items from the menu. And then for the last evening or two they seek out the familiar again. 
Now, of course, there are exceptions to the rule. And many of us here are seasoned cruisers and are possibly far from the norm. (Well I know I am! 🤪) But the cruiselines study the data from every cruise and adjust things to follow trends. They have a fair idea of how many people are going to order prime rib on the first night of a cruise. 

They have a fair idea of how many of each dish will be ordered on every menu. 

I don't actually like the prime rib. 

• Like 3

We are boarding on Thursday and sorting out my packing.  In terms of comfort on the ship and airconditioning... Are most people wearing winter clothing as its cool inside or is the temperature more comfortable so more short sleeve wear?

thanks

K

1 hour ago, BobbyD-retiree said:

We are boarding on Thursday and sorting out my packing.  In terms of comfort on the ship and airconditioning... Are most people wearing winter clothing as its cool inside or is the temperature more comfortable so more short sleeve wear?

thanks

K

I’m on now and it’s fine for me, just short sleeves.  We do live in a cold place though.  Be prepared for lots of maskless people,especially in the lifts 😱

15 minutes ago, kenexx said:

I’m on now and it’s fine for me, just short sleeves.  We do live in a cold place though.  Be prepared for lots of maskless people,especially in the lifts 😱

I guess if we feel unsure or concerned, we just leave our own mask on and “washy washy” heaps 😏

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I guess if we feel unsure or concerned, we just leave our own mask on and “washy washy” heaps 😏

I will be wearing a mask and plenty ''washy washy''

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, sorry to not do this with quotes but I'm scrolling through on my phone while I eat lunch

* aft decks on deck 8-11 - yes there were sun-lounges when we were on board in 2019, and no one else seemed to know about those decks, I was in an inside cabin and sitting on those aft decks with my feet up and watching the wake view, felt like I was  on a private ship

* can anyone eat the "alfredos" lunch or just suite passengers and above (we're only in a balcony and we're only gold status) ?

* clothing - we are a family of 4 and we're doing carry-on only because I'm too scared to do checked-in bags with the airline in case they get lost. I'm good at packing light, have no trouble doing laundry including hand washing, and being from Melbourne,  I thoroughly understand layering. I'm bringing tee shirts but also light cardigan, a fleece jacket, light weight down jacket and one scarf, all of which can be layered if I need (and leaving Melbourne at 7am on Saturday, I will need then!)

* thank you for hot water bottle suggestions

Lou 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We have bayou first night. However in MDR last night they had prime rib and the club class extra was four huge grilled prawns and a crab sort of saucy thing on the plate. I didn’t have this, Frank did. He always orders steak medium rare….. to me it nearly walked off the plate and I couldn’t bear to look at it. He could only finish one of the two huge pieces of steak and ate every scrap the the prawns and crab mopping the sauce even with the steak. 
they told us steak Diane was on tonight. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 11:06 AM, BobbyD-retiree said:

thanks

K

I would take plenty of warm clothes.

We just got off today and barley wore shorts.

last two days was Jumpers, it was extremely blowy and pretty cool on the open decks yesterday.

Most people were around the indoor pool or inside.

Keep an eye on your Medallion Account so you don’t get too many surprises.

Its pretty Flaky.

Edited by Mikey22
  • Like 1

Just now, Mikey22 said:

There’s a huge range of variations. From the usual thongs snd shorts on lots of guys. Women in sun dresses, pants, jeans, shorts, some in winter woolies!! You can’t go wrong with layers! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

There’s a huge range of variations. From the usual thongs snd shorts on lots of guys. Women in sun dresses, pants, jeans, shorts, some in winter woolies!! You can’t go wrong with layers! 

Lots were wrapped in Towels yesterday.

I only wore shorts once and I do not feel the cold too much usually.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mikey22 said:

Lots were wrapped in Towels yesterday.

I only wore shorts once and I do not feel the cold too much usually.

That was probably the Victorians who had been swimming 🥰

• Haha 2

For those who are still on board could please let me know what people are wearing to dinner, mainly men. Have you had any formal nights yet? How dressy or casual in the MDR?  I've talked DH into bringing some dressy clothes eg dress pants, L/S shirt & tie. Just curious will he be overdressed on formal nights.  Many thanks🙂 

3 minutes ago, doenbucket said:

For those who are still on board could please let me know what people are wearing to dinner, mainly men. Have you had any formal nights yet? How dressy or casual in the MDR?  I've talked DH into bringing some dressy clothes eg dress pants, L/S shirt & tie. Just curious will he be overdressed on formal nights.  Many thanks🙂 

With my experience on Princess (Aust cruises) your husband will not be over-dressed on formal nights. In my estimation, half the men wear a dark suit, one quarter wear a dinner suit (tuxedo) and the remainder wear dress pants, L/S shirt and tie, or whatever.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, doenbucket said:

Disembarked this morning. Don’t think I saw any guys in a tie. Did see some jackets.  Also saw the usual shorts and caps during the dinner service.  

7 minutes ago, kenexx said:

Disembarked this morning. Don’t think I saw any guys in a tie. Did see some jackets.  Also saw the usual shorts and caps during the dinner service.  

Shorts and caps at dinner? Princess has really chucked the towel in re dress codes, by jove what would the Cunarders say to such attire?

2134433564_th(2).jpg.382c29aab187963b45424fb4f6f2da01.jpg

23 minutes ago, kenexx said:

Mmm, fairly casual. We're on B2B, in August, 14 days in total. Wondering if things will change on longer voyages? 🤔

Just now, doenbucket said:

Mmm, fairly casual. We're on B2B, in August, 14 days in total. Wondering if things will change on longer voyages? 🤔

I think they will change. For the three or four nighters, a lot of people don't want to take dress-up clothes. I suggest that the dressy pants, L/S shirt and tie is a reasonable compromise, or the Goldilocks option - not too dressy and not too casual.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I think they will change. For the three or four nighters, a lot of people don't want to take dress-up clothes. I suggest that the dressy pants, L/S shirt and tie is a reasonable compromise, or the Goldilocks option - not too dressy and not too casual.

Goldilocks option. I love it.🤣

Dressy pants, L/S shirt and tie is as formal as DH gets.😊 Happy with that. Thanks for your reply.