Follow up “live” for June 19 coral princess

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Whaaat Julie, too expensive for Lane Cove ? My son reckons you have to be rich to live in such a leafy garden suburb. !!

It was in Chatswood actually. Too much competition with cheaper prices.

When we bought in Lane Cove it was a "forgotten" suburb, not on the train line so people ignored it. House prices were cheaper than Chatswood. Now, of course, it's very expensive.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, discoseabear said:

Last night in the Horizon Court I saw and tasted smoked baby Alligator ribs.

The ribs were the size of large fish bones.

They were a little tricky to eat with the little bones.

image.png.bb20104c847b621add227c79bea5a51b.png

Hope they taste as good as they look

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Poor little alligators 😂😂😂😂 they were so cute running round the river bank too

They are like snakes, better off dead. Like the only good snake is a dead 🐍 

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I rarely eat steak but my bayou prawns last night again were tops

76A82820-B4E5-4ED5-9B72-B79B505D45EC.jpeg

Wow, they look damn good. We usually eat in the DR but do you know if this dish was available in the DR or only Club Class?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Wow, they look damn good. We usually eat in the DR but do you know if this dish was available in the DR or only Club Class?

None. It was in bayou. Had them twice now as they were so good. Frank had the Maine lobster both times as he enjoyed so much too.

8E6A304B-E2BB-4FE0-AFBB-3E59A9C1209A.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nz1 said:

I just googled it and omg the photos look so good! Reminds me of the “hamburg steak” rice meals that are popular in Japan. I was obsessed with a chain called Pepper Lunch ペッパーランチ on our trip there 🤤

Then you'd better come to this size of the pond, as Pepper Lunch is everywhere in Melb 😄 

Michael

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

Then you'd better come to this size of the pond, as Pepper Lunch is everywhere in Melb 😄 

Michael

I might need to move over there permanently in that case! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

@Cbtours

Is this cruise now the 3rd of 4? I am losing count.

I noticed on the AIS tracking that they are drawing an identical P + boomerang as they did on the first cruise.

This is currently the third. 26th begins the fourth and as far as I know the first full cruise, capacity wise etc. however these first three seem to have had a full on program not just a light one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cbtours said:

None. It was in bayou. Had them twice now as they were so good. Frank had the Maine lobster both times as he enjoyed so much too.

8E6A304B-E2BB-4FE0-AFBB-3E59A9C1209A.jpeg

Cheers for clarifying. I haven't been on Coral so not aware of that eating place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cbtours said:

This is currently the third. 26th begins the fourth and as far as I know the first full cruise, capacity wise etc. however these first three seem to have had a full on program not just a light one.

Having a full on cruise programme might entice newcomers to cruising to cruise again.  

Are you enjoying your B2B2B cruising?  Have you left the ship?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Having a full on cruise programme might entice newcomers to cruising to cruise again.  

Are you enjoying your B2B2B cruising?  Have you left the ship?

Yes we went on a fantastic Airlie beach excursion and loved it. Didn’t bother to get off in the brissy turnarounds, though we possibly might have if there was a princess shuttle. However we were also happy to not do anything that might get us catch anything lol

30 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Yes we went on a fantastic Airlie beach excursion and loved it. Didn’t bother to get off in the brissy turnarounds, though we possibly might have if there was a princess shuttle. However we were also happy to not do anything that might get us catch anything lol

What was your Airlie Beach excursion?  We used to holiday in a holiday house at Airlie Beach.  

It is nice to have the ship to yourself too when people go on excursions.  

Hopefully some proactive people will soon offer day trips from the Brisbane International Cruise Terminal for turnaround passengers.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

What was your Airlie Beach excursion?  We used to holiday in a holiday house at Airlie Beach.  

It is nice to have the ship to yourself too when people go on excursions.  

Hopefully some proactive people will soon offer day trips from the Brisbane International Cruise Terminal for turnaround passengers.  

The proserpine river crocodile safari! Excellent in every way. Presenter was fantastic, very knowledgeable and very funny. Damper and Billy tea both cooked on open fire, huge bbq lunch, two hours tractor tour of wetlands. Two hours croc hunting. Coach ride out to the goongara station was also very informative and enjoyable.

50CC85B2-5FD9-4D44-B93D-3364B52E0C23.jpeg

B84D1286-DF95-413B-AD89-43022111E59F.jpeg

3CCA5801-D01E-490E-A7DE-0807410F83AF.jpeg

03483CA8-C739-4BC2-B1BA-E0800837A2A9.jpeg

83337871-AC02-4FBB-8025-9B6403D3A3A2.jpeg

E2BB560F-370D-465E-B798-19C8CC9F46BB.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nz1 said:

I’d love to know what your favourite thing is about your suite, @Cbtours We’ve booked one for our B2B2B2B. Any highlights or tips? 😊

We have just loved the whole suite experience. Never done it before and it has probably spoiled us for life lol.

1. it’s lovely having the extra room, lounge room as well as bed room divined by heavy blockout curtains.

2. very large bathroom with full size shower and spa bathtub (which we haven’t used) we just shower

3. mini bar set up which we swapped and they gave us both a coffee package and a classic soda package for the first two cruises. This was at the managers discretion and I believe it was because we also swapped the bottle of champagne they brought for us.

third cruise they offered either or package. We chose the classic soda cos we are quite happy with the brewed coffee and English breakfast teas. The classic soda is everything non alcoholic (not cans thoug) so we’re been enjoying mocktails but also we order virgin versions of most cocktails so quite a variety. We have had the mini bar every cruise.

4. the laundry is a huge hit with me. Just make sure you have your bag of laundry (and a separate bag for just ironin if you want that) ready for the evening turn down, then our room steward takes it the. Cos it needs to be in by 9am to be back by 6pm. This is working great and now problem at all with any of the items we have sent.

5. the complimentary embarkation dinners, which are normally for cruises of 6 nights or longer but we’ve had them each time. The HW in club class last night mentioned that it’s normally 6 day or longer but because of cruising reopening they gave it for every cruise. We’ve been enjoying them very much.

6. breakfast in sabatinins. Set menu but it appears you can ask for anything and if they have it on board they will get it. Frank asked for steak (protein up before he hit the gym lol) and sure enough one appeared. It’s just so nice to have full service, nice and quiet no bustling crowds etc. obviously mimosas are a draw card for some people but we’re happy with our virgin mimosas hahahahah

7. the big double balcony, two loungers and table and chairs. No need to worry about chairhoggers by the pool lol

8. they have delivered canapés each embarkation but we got a menu to select them to be delivered between 4-6 any night.

8. full breakfast served in the suite, not just a limited menu as you can get with normal room service. And there are special different items every day. Todays was a full English breakfast, eggs English bacon, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans. Or a papaya filled with fresh fruit. Or both if you wanted. We usually go to sabatinins, but on change over day for b2b we had breakfast served in our suite instead of rushing.

I think that just about covers it. But ask if there are any more questions you have ☺️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

5. the complimentary embarkation dinners, which are normally for cruises of 6 nights or longer but we’ve had them each time. The HW in club class last night mentioned that it’s normally 6 day or longer but because of cruising reopening they gave it for every cruise. We’ve been enjoying them very much.

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

I think that just about covers it. But ask if there are any more questions you have ☺️

Thanks for all the info you have been posting.

Were you able to make a reservation for the embarkation dinner on the medallion prior to the cruise, or is this done once onboard ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Thanks for all the info you have been posting.

Were you able to make a reservation for the embarkation dinner on the medallion prior to the cruise, or is this done once onboard ?

I did make a reservation for embark dinner and it showed as credit so no charge. However there is a letter waiting fir you on cabin that outlines your benefits one being the dinner. We just went right away and booked our time. When you give your cabin they know you are suite and complementary 

• Thanks 1

We couldn't get any sort of deal on the minibar. Probably because we went though Room Service. All she would do is to swap the six existing cans for no sugar coke. I said we didn't want the little alcohol bottles either and she said they would take them away. I asked what we would get in return and she said, nothing. I told her we'd keep them.

Lesson learned, don't talk to Room Service about the minibar.

I successfully got streaming services going on the TV via chromecast. Amazon Prime, ABC iview and Youtube all worked up to a point, unfortunately they were all unwatchable due to buffering. Which is a pity as it worked perfectly on the Ruby in late 2019.

So if you are buying MedallionNet be aware that streaming may not be viable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

The proserpine river crocodile safari! Excellent in every way. Presenter was fantastic, very knowledgeable and very funny. Damper and Billy tea both cooked on open fire, huge bbq lunch, two hours tractor tour of wetlands. Two hours croc hunting. Coach ride out to the goongara station was also very informative and enjoyable.

50CC85B2-5FD9-4D44-B93D-3364B52E0C23.jpeg

B84D1286-DF95-413B-AD89-43022111E59F.jpeg

3CCA5801-D01E-490E-A7DE-0807410F83AF.jpeg

03483CA8-C739-4BC2-B1BA-E0800837A2A9.jpeg

83337871-AC02-4FBB-8025-9B6403D3A3A2.jpeg

E2BB560F-370D-465E-B798-19C8CC9F46BB.jpeg

Thank you  I didn't know such a tour existed from Airlie Beach.  Looks like a great day tour.  We did a similar memorable  trip years ago at the Daintree with crocodiles everywhere.  

• Like 1