Celebrity Summit. Looking for ocean view. Is deck 2 or 3 any good

mary532

I've stayed in Oceanview cabins on both decks before. No issues being on those decks from my perspective. One positive is that on port days, if you're on deck 2 or 3 you can usually skip the elevator when coming back to the ship and just walk up the stairs. Very helpful when there's a crush of people coming back at the same time as you.

There are a few Oceanview cabins on Deck 3 that have a larger porthole window than the rest. Cabins 3115-3127 on the port side & 3112-3144 on the starboard side. These rooms were once public space that was converted to cabins, which is why they have the larger windows.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dadraftsman said:

I've stayed in Oceanview cabins on both decks before. No issues being on those decks from my perspective. One positive is that on port days, if you're on deck 2 or 3 you can usually skip the elevator when coming back to the ship and just walk up the stairs. Very helpful when there's a crush of people coming back at the same time as you.

There are a few Oceanview cabins on Deck 3 that have a larger porthole window than the rest. Cabins 3115-3127 on the port side & 3112-3144 on the starboard side. These rooms were once public space that was converted to cabins, which is why they have the larger windows.

I concur with the info on the newer Oceanview cabins.  They seem more spacious due to larger windows.  Just check the deck plan before booking 3rd floor to make sure there are not inside cabins across from you if possible.  Last time we did that floor we had  a lot of insides across from us and sadly they were not very considerate about their door closings (as in, letting them slam day and night).  Otherwise if you must do an oceanview rather than a balcony we love Deck 3 for its convenience.  

One thing to keep in mind is that on some ships (not sure about this one and it seems to change regularly) they reserve cabins on that floor for potential Covid quarantine.  So depending on the ship and depending what's happening by the time you cruise, it is possible that on that floor you may be more subject to being moved than in other locations.

7 hours ago, mary532 said:

Hi,

We have traveled Royal Carribean before.  We have been on deck 3 both times.  Looking at Celebrity Summit.  Any suggestions.  Ocean View.

For us the issue with deck 3 (no matter the stateroom category/type) is deck 4 is a public area, so noise could be an issue. Not worth the gamble for us. 

We like the newer deck 3 oceanview cabins down around the 3142 area. The window is round and huge (at 5' I could have stood up in it arms spread ☺️)

It should be noted that if you are a small group wanting 2 cabins 3142+3144 have an corridor door that separates them from the rest of the corridor and can be used as a single door to access both cabins.

We also like that far (aft) end of deck 3 as you have very close access to the lesser used aft elevator- easy to get to MDR and Oceanview Cafe etc with little waiting or crowding.

Great location for getting on and off the ship at ports of call too as no elevator needed most of the time (latter said in case of mobility issues where stairs are not an option).

NB. We are folks that don't spend much time in our cabin. Sleeping, showering and changing clothes is about it.

We have never been disturbed by noise in that location.

Cheers, h.

PS in that starboard run of cabins ending with 3144 there used to be a game played where previous cruisers would hide items for subsequent users to find. It is a few years sine we sailed on this class of ship so I don't know if this has continued.

1 hour ago, dadraftsman said:

We have chosen these same cabins for the 3 Summit cruises we have taken! There aren't that many either. I think they might be a bit larger as well (even though it doesn't state that on the details). So happy!

Its not on Deck 2 or 3 but I stayed in a Deluxe Ocean View Cabin 8002 when aboard Summit and I thought it was fine. I wasn't in the cabin much excepted to shower or sleep and it met my expectations. Only occasional noise from hall from other passengers but you'll get that anywhere.