Moorea Lagoonariam open or closed

There are several people who have posted that the lagoonariam in Moorea is permanently closed?  

I saw a post on trip advisor last month that said they were there and it is open.  They just stopped feeding the wildlife at 2:00 because of animal rights protests and the protesters are putting out the information that it is closed.  Does anyone know the status as it’s a pretty cool place and we planned on spending a day there.

We did sea scooter snorkel tour in Moorea last week and we stopped here to snorkel. 
There were  people on the motu that had  arrived by jet skis but they looked like locals. 
We were not on the motu but saw lots of fish , 3 rays swam along with us, saw a turtle and shark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks scots lady.  The snorkeling there was the best we have ever experienced.  We are on Moorea two days.  We are going to rent a car one day and I think I’ll stop there and see what the scoop is.  If they will take us out to the Motu, great, if not, it’s not like there aren’t a zillion beautiful places to see!  I’ll post what happens when I get back.  Thanks again!

• 3 months later...