Quebec City tour

takemeaway2008

We dock in Quebec at 1 PM and will stay over night on the ship.  

I'm looking for a short tour on the day we dock to get an over view of the city. Any suggestions? 

I was reading about the hop on hop off bus. They have a two day option. I was trying to figure out if I can get on the bus close to port. I couldn't find a good map of the route. Has anyone done this one? There's a bunch of loops and offer of a boat tour that are all included in the two days. 

Thanks. 

On 6/19/2022 at 9:37 PM, takemeaway2008 said:

I'm looking for a short tour on the day we dock to get an over view of the city. Any suggestions? 

I was reading about the hop on hop off bus.

You can definitely do the bus but Quebec City is quite compact and easily walkable. Most major sites are quite close to each other and can be covered in an afternoon/evening. Even some of the hillier parts can be taken care of by using the convenient Funicular right below the Fairmont Chateau Frontenac. 

The major reason to to do the bus or something more organized would be if you wanted to see the Montmorency Falls which are a little bit outside of town. 

Of course if you are a bit mobile impaired or prefer a bit more narration to your touring, something like this bus looks even more attractive. 

12 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

You can definitely do the bus but Quebec City is quite compact and easily walkable. Most major sites are quite close to each other and can be covered in an afternoon/evening. Even some of the hillier parts can be taken care of by using the convenient Funicular right below the Fairmont Chateau Frontenac. 

The major reason to to do the bus or something more organized would be if you wanted to see the Montmorency Falls which are a little bit outside of town. 

Of course if you are a bit mobile impaired or prefer a bit more narration to your touring, something like this bus looks even more attractive. 

Not mobile impaired but find it slow and difficult to walk long distances. Hills are not my friend.  My husband usually walks ten steps ahead of me because I'm so slow and I can't keep up with him. I do like narration and history and I would like to see the Falls. Maybe one day on the bus. 

Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 1:27 PM, Qcsailor said:

You may want to check out this website: https://www.toursvieuxquebec.com/en/home. There is a map of the different loops and some include the falls, Île d'Orléans and Ste-Anne if you are interested.

Welcome to Quebec city!

Thanks! So much to see. And now we have the New France Festival that weekend, too. Do you know anything about that? I'm assuming it's all in French? I think I want to go see the falls, though. 

The Nouvelle France Festival could be a fun bonus.
Yes, everything is mainly in French but you will appreciate the vibe. 
Lots of street performers and lots of people dressed in period costumes. 
You can buy a medallion that gives access to everything for 15$
(spare change in US$😉) 
Here is the site (in english):https://nouvellefrance.qc.ca/en/
Edited by Qcsailor
cosmetic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Qcsailor said:
The Nouvelle France Festival could be a fun bonus.
Yes, everything is mainly in French but you will appreciate the vibe. 
Lots of street performers and lots of people dressed in period costumes. 
You can buy a medallion that gives access to everything for 15$
(spare change in US$😉) 
Here is the site (in english):https://nouvellefrance.qc.ca/en/

Thanks! I think it'll be a great way to end the cruise.