Lisbon to Copenhagen

Mackdogmolly

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yes it does!!

Excellent news.

(But it does worry me to hear of all the change experiments on Pursuit (all from sources I trust) eg Whispering Angel only if you buy a bottle, not on the Ultimate and spa deck limited to certain suites) - is someone going rogue there or are they the sacrificial experimental lamb?  Who knows

I love the photo of the waffles and your own liquid gold by the way!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

Whispering Angel was available on the Ultimate package on Quest last month.

Thanks, the issue was on Pursuit people were being told it was no longer an option.  Just working our how I will survive on Quest soon, but it sounds like it is good news there

• Like 1

@nordski! We brought our own “liquid gold!”

Warm, but threatening rain in Honfleur today. No excursion planned, so we will take the shuttle into town and walk about.

20AC634D-BF78-441E-B41A-CD03A5D1C90C.jpeg

With that pairing, as a couple you are setting the standard for sophisticated cruising. And inducing a sense of remorse for my cursing the bumper crop of maple keys that are presently flooding our gardens, walkways, and gutters. 

Perhaps in Honfleur you will be able to enjoy some local Calvados.

If, on your walks, you see an Azamara sea pass card lying on the ground, please return it to the ship. After sampling sone calvados I managed to lose my pass and provided considerable amusement to the security staff on shore and on the ship.

Do you stop at Rouen? It is a wonderful port to wander and enjoy on your own.

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, nordski said:

If, on your walks, you see an Azamara sea pass card lying on the ground, please return it to the ship. After sampling sone calvados I managed to lose my pass and provided considerable amusement to the security staff on shore and on the ship.

Theres always one 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Thanks, the issue was on Pursuit people were being told it was no longer an option.  Just working our how I will survive on Quest soon, but it sounds like it is good news there

Having been on Pursuit last week Whispering Angel was listed on the ultimate package but the bar staff told us that they didn't have it on board. We never saw anyone drinking it either.

We do not stop in Ruen. And missed the local Calvados - just as well I guess! Just did a lot of walking, visited the Maritime Museum, and had lunch along the water. Moule et frites, that we both agreed was not the best we had ever had.

661C2C8E-B586-4B53-8B4A-6F59550F4F5C.jpeg

9A964732-AB95-4470-9911-6BB381BE64CE.jpeg

6D72D9E2-C359-4EE2-92D5-7890506AB71C.jpeg

26F248C0-C0D7-4127-90FB-1A15D31CB707.jpeg

EC26D47D-97B1-4D81-ACA2-2315B358EACE.jpeg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

Having been on Pursuit last week Whispering Angel was listed on the ultimate package but the bar staff told us that they didn't have it on board. We never saw anyone drinking it either.

My friend saw it being loaded but when she asked the bar manager was told it was only available to buy as a whole bottle and it was no longer included in the Ultimate package. 

16 hours ago, uktog said:

Fantastic- so unlike pursuit do I read that the Angel still appears on the Ultimate package?

Whispering Angel was available in the Ultimate Package on Onward last month as well

oops - totally missed that there was a page 2 🫣

Edited by rsverdier
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Had room service breakfast this morning and voila! Shocker! It’s from California, but still! I ran up to Windows and verified that the pure stuff is still not offered there. 

DEE9E39F-A327-4BC4-8746-9991E84A2C68.jpeg

And us uneducated ones know no different - but give us the bad marmalade and boy do we rant 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Had room service breakfast this morning and voila! Shocker! It’s from California, but still! I ran up to Windows and verified that the pure stuff is still not offered there. 

DEE9E39F-A327-4BC4-8746-9991E84A2C68.jpeg

Hoo Boy! Maple Syrup from California! You had me going there for a minute. Did some "Syrup Sommelier" convince the ship's purchasing agent that there were citrus notes in its bouquet?

That soon there will be "Fall Colour Tours" in the Napa valley? Of course I am pretty easily duped, so was this some story line from Newhart in which Stephanie insists on serving this product for breakfast in the Stratford Inn?

Wait!...What?...you are serious? This is but more madness in our world?

The North-East region of North America should immediately demand "Appellation" status for its syrup for the same reason that such status is granted to wines. 

Henceforth the California product could only be labelled "maple juice".

But I still wonder if you are pulling my leg. Maple Syrup from California has about as much validity as product described in the documentary below.

Edited by nordski
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, uktog said:

And us uneducated ones know no different - but give us the bad marmalade and boy do we rant 🙂 

I have no palate for judging tonics to mix with gin, but let me tell you that I definitely appreciate the attention you pay to the marmalade.

The first breakfast of every cruise I select some toast and the marmalade to go with it.

It’s a tradition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nordski said:

I have no palate for judging tonics to mix with gin, but let me tell you that I definitely appreciate the attention you pay to the marmalade.

The first breakfast of every cruise I select some toast and the marmalade to go with it.

It’s a tradition.

Especially now we know the Queen keeps a marmalade sandwich in her handbag 🙂

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, nordski said:

But I still wonder if you are pulling my leg. Maple Syrup from California has about as much validity as product described in the documentary below.

Agree to a point. Still has to be better than what they call “table syrup”, whatever that is!

Arrived in Zeebrugge this morning and caught the shuttle to Blankenberge. From there we took the train to Brugge - a promotional special of 6.4 euros RT for 2, so a good deal. We had no agenda, so just walked around and found a lovely place for lunch.

Going to the Azamara Circle cocktail party early this evening and hopefully will get hungry enough for dinner in Discoveries later.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Agree to a point. Still has to be better than what they call “table syrup”, whatever that is!

Good point! Maybe there is a chance they will move on to a Vermont source.

It is a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

Just docked in Amsterdam. We are overnighting here, but due to port congestion, have to reposition tonight from the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam to the Scandia Ferry Terminal 3 (Valreep 13) until departure tomorrow. Apparently they are offering shuttles if needed.

We have tickets today to both the Van Gogh Museum and the Anne Frank House (in that order) so will have a busy day. Rice table recommendations welcome!

• Like 2

Just docked in Amsterdam. We are overnighting here, but due to port congestion, have to reposition tonight from the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam to the Scandia Ferry Terminal 3 (Valreep 13) until departure tomorrow. Apparently they are offering shuttles if needed.

We have tickets today to both the Van Gogh Museum and the Anne Frank House (in that order) so will have a busy day. Rice table recommendations welcome!

As uktog says, don't eat too much beforehand.  The other thing is to absolutely pace yourself otherwise you'll be full by the later dishes. Rijsttafel courses just keep coming and coming!  Some of the dishes are quite spicy. Don't be afraid to ask the servers. They'll be proudly dressed in Indonesian outfits. 

Phil 

• Like 5

Whew! We had a day pass for the tram, but due to some routes closed due to construction, we still ended up walking a TON. Missed doing a rice table mainly due to google maps fails and low cell phone battery, but having not eaten all day we were famished by the time we got back to the ship. Enjoyed some excellent tapas in the Living Room and will be able to do a walk in at Aqualina tonight because it’s Destination Celebration night so low numbers there. We may or may not attend DC. Trying to decide whether to risk getting off the ship tomorrow morning for a possible quick canal tour 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 11:39 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

Arrived in Zeebrugge this morning and caught the shuttle to Blankenberge. From there we took the train to Brugge .

Hi Mackdogmolly

Would you be so kind as to provide a bit more detail. Where is the shuttle located and how did you get to it? Does it take you to the station? If not, how far to walk to it from the bus stop and from where in Blankenberg.

Thanks