How to get cc free baggage when booking thru' cruise line air?

39august

If the question is regarding a Delta co-branded AMEX, the “first bag free” is awarded based on your SkyMiles number.  To get the first bag free (for up to 6 people on the same reservation), you have to make sure your frequent flyer/SkyMiles account number is associated with the reservation number. The Delta co-branded AMEX card does not have to be used to pay for the flight; of course, there are additional perks if it is 😉

39 minutes ago, Free2bMeForever said:

The Delta co-branded AMEX card does not have to be used to pay for the flight

Are you sure?  The wording, direct from the website is this:

As a benefit of Card Membership, you can check your first bag free on Delta flights booked with your Card

This website - https://www.delta.com/us/en/baggage/checked-baggage/first-checked-bag-free

Interesting.  Wonder if that’s a recent change.  Last Christmas, a total of 5 of us on the same reservation got the first bag free based on my having the benefit.  The reservation was booked by another person and paid for with a non AMEX card.  Before the flight, I messaged Delta to enquire about getting the first bag free and was told that as long as I was actually traveling on the reservation and my frequent flyer account was listed I would get the free bag for up to 6 people on the reservation. All 5 of us actually got our 1 checked bag free.  Just as info, I have a Delta Gold card through AMEX.

Edited by Free2bMeForever

On 6/20/2022 at 6:53 PM, hallux said:

Are you sure?  The wording, direct from the website is this:

As a benefit of Card Membership, you can check your first bag free on Delta flights booked with your Card

This website - https://www.delta.com/us/en/baggage/checked-baggage/first-checked-bag-free

Thanks for your comment.  I checked back on this and it looks like the terms and conditions were updated Jan. 1, 2022.  It also references a few other restrictions/changes I don’t recall seeing before.  I typically book Delta using my card, but you might have saved my some headache if I didn’t in the future!!

• Like 1