Never again!!

glm77777

Just now, Bgwest said:

Kinda what we are thinking. We have 6 Princess cruises booked that are still outside of final payment. 

If X is all we hear that it is, I'll have a lot of cancellation/booking to do when we return on Sept 8th!!

Which ship will you be sailing on?

4 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

One of the best S class ships.  You will have a great time.  Now, I’m so jealous!

Really kinda wish it wasn't necessary to take this step. We've been Princess loyalists/defenders for a very long time but with their current anti-customer bent, maybe it's time to move on. I don't see them becoming pro-consumer anytime soon. 

Truly sad. 

Not really hijacking your thread @glm77777, simply agreeing with you and the deplorable treatment you and your fellow pax are receiving. 

Edited by Bgwest
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

And yet my TA is advertising like crazy for Alaskan trips on the Crown.

Makes me wonder just how good of an agency would place anyone on that ship right now. 😒

That is strange. Do they get no feedback from their customers?

33 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Once you're on Celebrity, you won't go back to Princess. I speak from experience.

My TA said that Solstice is coming to LA from September to April and in Fall 2023 on Eclipse. I like to drive to the Port of LA…time to compare Celebrity options & ships to Princess. Friends who’ve sailed both lines think they’re rather comparable in experience.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Once you're on Celebrity, you won't go back to Princess. I speak from experience.

Celebrity had some really bad years in Alaska (and elsewhere) with their Azipod issues with the Millennium class ships once upon time. They had ships that just stopped in the middle of the trip in Alaska. This went on for years. And they don't go to Glacier Bay.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I am so sorry you have to experience this huge disappointment!  Crown needs to be taken out of service until these issues are resolved.  Princess should be giving passengers a refund and OBC.  I’m sure there are plenty of people who are majorly  upset and so they should be.  If I were booked on Crown anytime soon, I would be cancelling and sailing with another line.  Shame on Princess!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Our last Celebrity cruise was disappointing--from service to food. We have not been back. I occasionally look to see if I can find a Celebrity cruise that fits my schedule and budget, knowing that one bad cruise isn't enough to write off the whole line. Our previous three Celebrity cruises were great. 

3 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Truth

Have sailed both lines quite a bit.  Started cruising on Celebrity.  Now not so much.  May do an o celebrity  cruise every year or two, but do other lines including HAL and Princess more.

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

My TA said that Solstice is coming to LA from September to April and in Fall 2023 on Eclipse. I like to drive to the Port of LA…time to compare Celebrity options & ships to Princess. Friends who’ve sailed both lines think they’re rather comparable in experience.

Good to know this. We  have been wanting to try Celebrity and also like sailing out if LA which is driving distance for us. I will have to check out the itineraries. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, billco said:

NCL Encore and Escape are fabulous ships that sail to Alaska.

We did a trip on the Encore in Alaska last year and really enjoyed it. Great ship. Lots of fun extras. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ontheweb said:

That is strange. Do they get no feedback from their customers?

7 hours ago, Bgwest said:

That's the really sad part. They get abundant feedback. They simply don't listen. Or seem to give a rip. 

I think I'll just call them today and ask about one of their advertisements for Alaska on the Crown and see if they voluntarily give me the lowdown. 😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, glm77777 said:

So we are currently on the Crown Princess to Alaska and they have just cancelled ANOTHER shore excursion!! No whale watch in Juneau now. We were notified at approx 10 am that the excursion at 4pm had been cancelled due to trouble with the propulsion system! So initially we had 4 excursions booked-we are now down to 2.  This ship should not be in service since apparently this issue has been ongoing. Our first port/excursion was cancelled due to there being an issue that limited the speed of the ship so we had to skip a port. Then our whale watching excursion was changed 4 times and finally just cancelled 😡. The entire ship is abuzz with pissed off people. And the only thing we are hearing is

“ all we can do is give you onboard credit and a free tram ride in Juneau.” Of course-every other excursion is sold out.

I will never sail with Princess again. This entire once in a lifetime cruise, except for the lovely crew members, has been a disaster. 

What Princess is doing concerning the Crown Princess is bordering on Fraud. They knew well before the start of the Alaska season that there were serious issues with the engines on the Crown and has done nothing to repair them. Yet Princess continues to sail this broken ship, cancels ports and excursions, and is still booking passengers for it while NOT informing them of the engine issues. Princess cares more about money than it does its passengers or guests. Shame on Princess!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bgwest said:

That's the really sad part. They get abundant feedback. They simply don't listen. Or seem to give a rip. 

I think the question should be do they believe the feedback from passengers who say the will never come back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I think I'll just call them today and ask about one of their advertisements for Alaska on the Crown and see if they voluntarily give me the lowdown. 😉

Please let us know what their response is. If they are dishonest about the feedback from their clients about the ship, I would not trust that agency. (But of course you cannot let us know who they are by cc rules.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Plz let know what you learn. Should be interesting. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrBreeze said:

What Princess is doing concerning the Crown Princess is bordering on Fraud. They knew well before the start of the Alaska season that there were serious issues with the engines on the Crown and has done nothing to repair them. Yet Princess continues to sail this broken ship, cancels ports and excursions, and is still booking passengers for it while NOT informing them of the engine issues. Princess cares more about money than it does its passengers or guests. Shame on Princess!

Anyone who doesn’t know about the issues on ships like the Crown or Islans simply have not done research or have really lazy TA’s

• Like 1