Jump to content

Never again!!


glm77777
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/20/2022 at 3:37 PM, Lady Arwen said:

I am so sorry you have to experience this huge disappointment!  Crown needs to be taken out of service until these issues are resolved.  Princess should be giving passengers a refund and OBC.  I’m sure there are plenty of people who are majorly  upset and so they should be.  If I were booked on Crown anytime soon, I would be cancelling and sailing with another line.  Shame on Princess!

Not sure you can blame the Crown for cancelled excursions. Sounds like a problem that's based with the excursion mgr.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

Not sure you can blame the Crown for cancelled excursions. Sounds like a problem that's based with the excursion mgr.

From what I have heard most of the excursion cancellations are due to the missed ports and the shortened times in other port.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

Not sure you can blame the Crown for cancelled excursions. Sounds like a problem that's based with the excursion mgr.

???? Not sure I blame the Crown. I blame Princess for running the Crown. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, OKCruiseMan said:

???? Not sure I blame the Crown. I blame Princess for running the Crown. 

Maybe that more precisely should read the upper management of Princess.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Discovery or Crown from Seattle?  Neither.

 

We sailed the Crown several years ago.  She was a wreak back then, with MANY maintenance issues.  Never again. 

 

We sailed Discovery last month.  While she's new and beautiful with great service, we surprisingly experienced several problems:  The internet we paid for was completely useless, “The Enclave” thermal suite was constantly breaking down, and the stage show was canceled.   After decades of loyalty to Princess, it's time for us to move on to a better cruise line, as it seems Princess does not reciprocate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, smittysez said:

Discovery or Crown from Seattle?  Neither.

 

We sailed the Crown several years ago.  She was a wreak back then, with MANY maintenance issues.  Never again. 

 

We sailed Discovery last month.  While she's new and beautiful with great service, we surprisingly experienced several problems:  The internet we paid for was completely useless, “The Enclave” thermal suite was constantly breaking down, and the stage show was canceled.   After decades of loyalty to Princess, it's time for us to move on to a better cruise line, as it seems Princess does not reciprocate.

Sorry to hear this.

My experience on Discovery in May was the opposite of yours.

 

try Celebrity- a good cruiseline, more expensive.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The average Celebrity cruise is probably more expensive  than the average Princess cruise, but definitely not always.   Unless you're comparing cheapest Celebrity suite to the cheapest Princess "suite'.

 

It's also possible that the worst Celebrity cruise is not as good as the best Princess cruise.

 

All that to say, you have to shop.  Not just assume before you book.

Edited by tetleytea
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2022 at 4:44 PM, deliver42 said:

Once you're on Celebrity, you won't go back to Princess. I speak from experience.

We came over to Princess from Celebrity and love Princess...

Just saying some people love the green grass in one pasture, while some prefer the alfalfa hay in the other pasture...depends on what kind of horse you may be.🥰

Cheers,

The Countess

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, jwattle said:

...depends on what kind of horse you may be.🥰

Cheers,

The Countess

I used to be a runner and thought I was a Thoroughbred. Turns out I was a Clydesdale ...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

How long has the crown been having issues?  So sorry to the OP for what you are experiencing.  Alaska is really a once in a lifetime trip.

post covid since its initial sailing on May 7

 

but Princess has dealt with the same issue on the Crown going back to 2019. 

 

I'm not sure if anyone has really documented if the Crown was sailing without issue before the Covid shutdown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, that's a long time for such an important sailing for Princess.  I'd always read Princess and Hal did the best job in Alaska (we sailed the Coral and loved our Alaskan cruise many years ago).  I'm sad to learn they'd throw away their reputation like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

Wow, that's a long time for such an important sailing for Princess.  I'd always read Princess and Hal did the best job in Alaska (we sailed the Coral and loved our Alaskan cruise many years ago).  I'm sad to learn they'd throw away their reputation like this.


And sadly while Sapphire sits in the eastern Med mostly anchored off Cyprus with crew only. Sapphire was briefly scheduled to cruise from LA this summer before they were canceled yet Princess management decided to use the unreliable Crown in Alaska.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I used to be a runner and thought I was a Thoroughbred. Turns out I was a Clydesdale ...

 

Don't sell yourself short.  The Clydesdale is a beautiful breed.  Regal, commands attention, and in a class of their own.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Riley_Mon said:

post covid since its initial sailing on May 7

 

but Princess has dealt with the same issue on the Crown going back to 2019. 

 

I'm not sure if anyone has really documented if the Crown was sailing without issue before the Covid shutdown.

I was on the ship in January 2020.  It was old, dumpy and had propulsion issues so we missed a port and had shortened port stays at others.  They knew it was a disaster then. No excuse they didn’t fix it 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I usually look at cruises on Celebrity and Holland America to compare with Princess before booking. If I can save a few hundred dollars booking with one of those two, I will. That said, the closest thing Celebrity had to my upcoming cruise was 11 days for $4,450. My 16-day Princess cruise is less than half that price. HAL is more likely to be the next time I stray from Princess since I can get the shareholder benefit on those cruises, too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:


And sadly while Sapphire sits in the eastern Med mostly anchored off Cyprus with crew only. Sapphire was briefly scheduled to cruise from LA this summer before they were canceled yet Princess management decided to use the unreliable Crown in Alaska.

Sapphire was originally supposed to do Alaska.  On our NB cruise they swapped the ship about 18 months ago to the Royal. We wanted the smaller ship so we moved over to the Grand.  This was the second time we were booked on the Sapphire and Princess took it for another itinerary.  For 2021, there was no replacement so we went to 2022.  

This is one of the frustrating things with Princess, you book an itinerary on a particular ship and just supposed to accept them changing any of it.  We have several Celebrity cruises booked due to Princess not having late 2023/2024 cruises not being out yet.  As for the the extra $$$ our ABC island cruise is much less on X than similar cruise on Princess.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, jeno said:

I was on the ship in January 2020.  It was old, dumpy and had propulsion issues so we missed a port and had shortened port stays at others.  They knew it was a disaster then. No excuse they didn’t fix it 

We were on the Star in Feb.2020(just as the Bug was getting it's act together) It was kind of a rust bucket. The vinyl on the sofa bed was all cracked. This was in Club Class, too. The food was mediocre at best. We did an Ultimate Balcony dinner, which was outstanding, so we knew what Princess was capable of. The staff was excellent. Some of the best we've every seen, but it was still hard to disguise the fact that the Star was a old tired ship. We'll be on the Enchanted early March for "Circle the Caribbean". It's an old ship as well, but hopefully better cared for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, geoherb said:

I usually look at cruises on Celebrity and Holland America to compare with Princess before booking. If I can save a few hundred dollars booking with one of those two, I will. That said, the closest thing Celebrity had to my upcoming cruise was 11 days for $4,450. My 16-day Princess cruise is less than half that price. HAL is more likely to be the next time I stray from Princess since I can get the shareholder benefit on those cruises, too.

 

That's pretty stiff for Celebrity. We did 14 days in a Concierge cabin on the Oceania Riviera in January & it was about $3900.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, rbtan said:

We were on the Star in Feb.2020(just as the Bug was getting it's act together) It was kind of a rust bucket. The vinyl on the sofa bed was all cracked. This was in Club Class, too. The food was mediocre at best. We did an Ultimate Balcony dinner, which was outstanding, so we knew what Princess was capable of. The staff was excellent. Some of the best we've every seen, but it was still hard to disguise the fact that the Star was a old tired ship. We'll be on the Enchanted early March for "Circle the Caribbean". It's an old ship as well, but hopefully better cared for.

The Enchanted Princess was launched in 2019.  Due to covid its maiden voyage was in 2021. Kind of strange definition of old.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ldtr said:

The Enchanted Princess was launched in 2019.  Due to covid its maiden voyage was in 2021. Kind of strange definition of old.

Opps! My mistake! I meant to say Emerald. Hope that clears the confusion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rbtan said:

We'll be on the Enchanted early March for "Circle the Caribbean". It's an old ship as well, but hopefully better cared for.

 

   
Edited by hpeabody
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...