Jack's Shack

1kaper

I have seen some people say they won't go to Jack's Shack anymore.  We were there about 8 years ago and loved it.  What's up?
Does anyone know the price of a bucket of beer?  I can find the drink menu online but not the price of beer.  
Thanks.

Have been twice recently, October 21 on the Magic and January on the Mardi Gras (first time she made a visit there).  We will be back in less than 3 weeks on Mardi Gras and God willing we will be there with a smile on.

Prior to that have made several visits as well.    Topher the worlds most photographed dog has gone on to doggie heaven.  Two other Doodles are there to greet you most of the time.  (bring some dog treats hint)

Nicest people in the world Jack, Janet and Erin plus the staff.  Beer's ice cold, occasional free shot and we love the jerk chicken and cracked conch.

If you do go have a blast!

Happy Cruising 

• Like 3

I believe it is currently the only beach bar outside the cruise port in that section of the island. For those cruisers who who abhors Margaritaville and don't like the southside of the pier venues, it's the only place to go without taking a taxi to town. Thus, gets crowded. 

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Green4me said:

Have been twice recently, October 21 on the Magic and January on the Mardi Gras (first time she made a visit there).  We will be back in less than 3 weeks on Mardi Gras and God willing we will be there with a smile on.

Prior to that have made several visits as well.    Topher the worlds most photographed dog has gone on to doggie heaven.  Two other Doodles are there to greet you most of the time.  (bring some dog treats hint)

Nicest people in the world Jack, Janet and Erin plus the staff.  Beer's ice cold, occasional free shot and we love the jerk chicken and cracked conch.

If you do go have a blast!

Happy Cruising 

I had actually heard about Topher. 💔

I think we are going to go anyway. My husband said he loved the jerk chicken. Price a bucket of beer for me! 

RIP Topher 

0E086C2A-3B65-4B16-95CD-C921CF7B9B43.jpeg.c765122e7a7e556e55bbbc3cd43e7de2.jpeg

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 3:55 PM, Green4me said:

We were supposed to go to GT last October on the Mardi Gras but they had closed again. Went in April but our ship got in later so Jack's was already packed. Planning to go when we sail on the Mardi Gras again this October. Was there a charge for chairs or were they free as long as you purchased food/drink?

• 3 weeks later...

No charge for chair umbrella use at Jack's Shack as long as your buying drinks or food.

We had a group of 10 and had a blast.  Jerk Chix and Crack Conch were delicious. 

As always Erin and the crew behind the bar were the BEST!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yup sad, they have two doodles still.  We sadly learned they have sold the business and moving family back to Canada end of this year.  Hopefully new owners will keep it going.

Trying to talk DW into one more trip 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Jack's this past Sunday and spoke with Jack. Janet and Erin are back in Canada - as I understand, they wanted to be there in time for the start of school for Erin's daughter. Jack will be heading north toward the end of the year. Jack's staff is very good - I had a rum punch and commented to the guy making it, "Jack has trained you well." We enjoyed our visit very much.

Kraken is also in Canada now, and Calypso is with Jack. Calypso is a very friendly dog, but different personality from Topher. Of course, Topher was one of a kind.

As for chairs and umbrellas - When we were in 2018, it was $20 for an umbrella and chairs were free. Now it's $10 for an umbrella and $6 per chair - so for us, an increase of $2.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...