Temperature of Swimming Pools on Queen Elizabeth in Alaska

safarigal

Can any one currently, or recently on board Queen Elizabeth in Alaska let me know what temperature the Pavilion Poll and Lido Pool are kept at? On previous Alaska trips we were able to swim, and I was wondering if this would be possible on Queen Elizabeth.

I'm on QE in 2 days ... packing my swimsuits ... I'll let you know...

Was in Alaska first week of June (Celebrity Eclipse).  Sunny and warm in Juneau and Icy Strait.  Indoor pool was used quite frequently and outdoor pool was in use (mainly by the kids that weren't allowed in the "adult" indoor pool) on the sunny days.  Hot tubs both inside and outside were in use frequently - rain or shine!

Edited by westcoasttech

15 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

we're on in less than 2 weeks, I'll report back. 

Thanks! We are also embarking on July 11th - just wondering whether to pack my swimsuit. I think I'll take it anyway, those hot tubs may come in handy 🙂

1 hour ago, westcoasttech said:

I'm on QE in 2 days ... packing my swimsuits ... I'll let you know...

Was in Alaska first week of June (Celebrity Eclipse).  Sunny and warm in Juneau and Icy Strait.  Indoor pool was used quite frequently and outdoor pool was in use (mainly by the kids that weren't allowed in the "adult" indoor pool) on the sunny days.  Hot tubs both inside and outside were in use frequently - rain or shine!

Thanks! Have great time 🙂

9 hours ago, safarigal said:

Thanks! We are also embarking on July 11th - just wondering whether to pack my swimsuit. I think I'll take it anyway, those hot tubs may come in handy 🙂

I'm taking mine but we are on till Fort Lauderdale so I'm sure I'll use it at some point. I've enjoyed reading your blogs about Scotland and the Med cruise too. Did you get to read Little Wing by Freya North? 

Edited by elmsliebev

6 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

I'm taking mine but we are on till Fort Lauderdale so I'm sure I'll use it at some point. I've enjoyed reading your blogs about Scotland and the Med cruise too. Did you get to read Little Wing by Freya North? 

You should get some great weather by Fort Lauderdale, lucky you!

I will be taking Little Wing with me on this trip - more appropriate for the Scottish Isles than Alaska I know!

• Like 1

I just got off the Queen Elizabeth yesterday on a seven night voyage to Alaska. The pools were on the cooler side for me, it didn’t feel like they were heating them very much, if at all. Only a couple people used the pools on some of the warmer days we experienced in Icy Strait Point and Sitka.

Only three of four whirlpools were working on our sailing (only one at the aft of the ship was in operation) and the temperature was kept at 36C or 37C.

Hope this helps!

Edited by WanderlustJourney
Spelling

56 minutes ago, WanderlustJourney said:

I just got off the Queen Elizabeth yesterday on a seven night voyage to Alaska. The pools were on the cooler side for me, it didn’t feel like they were heating them very much, if at all. Only a couple people used the pools on some of the warmer days we experienced in Icy Strait Point and Sitka.

Only three of four whirlpools were working on our sailing (only one at the aft of the ship was in operation) and the temperature was kept at 36C or 37C.

Hope this helps!

Yes, this does help, thanks! I think I'll bring my swim suit just in case, you never know your luck!

• Like 1