The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 22nd, 2022

richwmn

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Morning all! A super quick post from me. My house has become an evacuation home for my friend & her two cats, because her AC went out and the earliest it will be fixed is tomorrow - if they can get one part.  

It has been a bit crazy to say the least. 😎 I look it as my hurricane preparedness drill. I will try to read & catch up later. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Cantina Frentana 2020 Vallevó Costa dei Trabocchi

This rosato sounds interesting. Perhaps a good base for a white sangria. Certainly priced reasonably, so trying it would not be painful. A very good rating from one expert and consumers, and several online distributors with prices starting at $10.99.

WE 89

Made predominately from Montepulciano, this rosato offers a cohesive mix of lemon blossom, apricot and white grapefruit. There's a gentle creaminess on the medium-bodied palate, with a blend of ripe and tart fruit that's perked up by a brisk stony note. This would be a welcome pour alongside grilled vegetables or seafood. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 8

I've been to San Francisco many times....but I'd like to repeat one memorable experience....:)

When I was 6...and coming home after 3 years on a U.S. Navy Base in Japan....we cruised under the Golden Gate bridge at night...

And even though my Mom had said it wasn't really "golden"....I still remember looking out the porthole and exclaiming....it really was Golden....!!

Golden Gate Bridge.jpg

Edited by Rowsby
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Thank you all for the welcome home!  I went out for a bit and enjoyed the fresh air. I feel much better than I did this morning. I’m not really nauseated anymore. 

However, I heard from our son overnight on WhatsApp. He has felt sick several days and thought it was a sinus infection due to a bad headache. He found out a colleague at a conference in Hawaii that he just returned home from had tested positive for Covid.  DS took a rapid test and scored a positive!  He was positive in December 2020 too so this is his second go around. What a bummer!  Seems like this a topic that never goes away. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 13

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  The neighbours had the HVAC techs at their house yesterday, I hope it wasn't an expensive repair.  DH loves onion rings - I can take them or leave them, mostly leave them . . . give me good french fries.   We need to save our rain forests and the countries who have them need to take better care of them.  

Yesterday was the girls day at the spa - both Sochi and I had our hair cut and nails done - today is DH's turn for a hair cut.  It's always a good feeling coming away from having one's hair cut; it even changes the way I walk.   I always weigh myself after a cut to see how much I might have lost . . . apparently I have very light hair.

@StLouisCruisersI'm so happy to see you're out of Covid jail.  Hopefully your tummy issues will subside and you'll be able to enjoy the rest of your cruise.  Also hoping your DH gets sprung soon!

@smitty34877I'm glad Tana's son went to the party with his friends - good for the parents to take the phones out of circulation!  Sorry Tana had such a bad night; wish there was something we could do to help.

@rafinmdI'm holding off wishing you a Happy Birthday till tomorrow.

I had planned on doing laundry today, but after Monday's flooding, the city is asking people to hold off running dishwashers and doing laundry to help the overloaded sewer and water drains recover.  Guess I have a free day - yippee!  A bit of my day will include a visit to the dentist to have my filling replaced; I'm thinking a nap will take place after as the freezing wears off.

I'm not sure about today's menu suggestion as a sandwich; I guess it works well for vegetarians, but not for us carnivores.   As a side dish though, I think it might be a good one.  DH has suggested we fire up the barbecue tonight, so there are smokies thawing in the fridge and they'll be served up with some crunchy coleslaw on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra for the people of Ukraine and all they're having to endure.  We'll celebrate everyone on the happy list with the clink of our glasses this evening.  Be safe, get your boosters, wear masks when needed and stay well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

@cat shepard  You are a very good person to take in your friend and her cats during this heat.  I can imagine the party you are all having-

many-cats-in-the-room.jpg

@StLouisCruisersSandi, I am glad you are free and I bet some of that nausea was because you were cooped up in a moving  box. One of my cruise buddies has informed me that Carnival is putting their positives in interior no window cabins.  I'm going to wear a mask 24/7, with less than 90 days till our cruise, I have no opt out options other than actually getting Covid.  Which, I don't want.

I hope you can enjoy the rest of your cruise

6.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@rafinmdI'm confused, is today your pre birthday day?  Do we celebrate your last day of 78 or wait til tomorrow for the actual day?  Oh heck-celebrate both

My birthday is tomorrow.  "Attaining an age" is a quirk that goes back to English Common Law, and for purposes of Social Security  are based on "Attaining" a certain age, and to start benefits it's the first day of eligibility for benefits.  For benefits to begin, one must be eligible for the entire month and the best day to be born is the second of the month because one Attains retirement age the first of the month and is eligible while one born the 3rd or later must wait another month.

Just thinking.  That might not be quite correct. There may have been relatively recent amendments to prorate the first month of benefit but I'm not sure.

Today is my last full day as a 78-year old.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

Thank you everyone for sharing and caring.

Had a great time on our cruise. Getting back home was a little crazy. Our flight out of Amsterdam was a mess, there were lines of over a 1/2 mile for those flying on KLM, and it was not easy inside. We made it thru as we were ahead of the 4 hour time frame(yes 4 hours), we found our check in gate. We had to get tested before cruise, so we did our tests at airport(test2Fly) and they were great. Our flight was delayed for take off as there were over 50 plus passengers still trying to get thru security.  United waited over and hour, then we were told we had to take off as it would effect other passengers transferring flights.

Glad to be home.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites. Hurray! Sandi is breathing fresh air again! So happy to see you are out. Hoping now DH tests negative tomorrow. 

ROY: We will celebrate today and tomorrow. Happy  Birthday!

image.png.d59c229b352c8f0e313bf058c9842ff0.png

Prayers to Buddy, Tana, Curt, Sandi's DH and all on our prayer list.

We are watching our little pup friend this week while her parents go on vacation. She's such a sweet dog. 

Our friends came by with their 3 adorable grandkids last night to say goodbye. They painted rocks for some of the neighbors. My says "sunshine" 

I have my Mahjongg students today and will hopefully be my last class til fall. I keep saying that but I seem to keep picking students up.. 

image.png.fbed33147a7e8660b577d039a049a25a.png

Have a wonderful day. Cheers, prayers and blessings. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I heard a blurb on the news earlier this week, that someone in the government (sorry I don't remember who) is thinking that the Airlines should be sued because they know in advance how many pilots they have, and how many crew, and how many planes, but they create flights that don't exist to begin with, to build up finances.  I totally agree with this.  The suing part.  I think it's called false advertising.  I know that they must build up some funds, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the public.  So for all who are flying -best wishes being sent your way. (through prayers, not flights)

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you all for the welcome home!  I went out for a bit and enjoyed the fresh air. I feel much better than I did this morning. I’m not really nauseated anymore. 

However, I heard from our son overnight on WhatsApp. He has felt sick several days and thought it was a sinus infection due to a bad headache. He found out a colleague at a conference in Hawaii that he just returned home from had tested positive for Covid.  DS took a rapid test and scored a positive!  He was positive in December 2020 too so this is his second go around. What a bummer!  Seems like this a topic that never goes away. 

So glad you are out of covid jail and feeling better! 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning All,

I love the quote - harkens to the Serenity Prayer.  I intensely dislike the heat and humidity we’re “enjoying”, but I guess if I love the quote I need to change the way I think about living in a boiling lobster pot!  We are supposed to get a bit of a break on Sunday, so that will help.

Onion rings, YUMMY!

We enjoyed our first trip ever to San Francisco in March - 2 overnights on our B2B on Koningsdam.  We love the “we’ve been there!” Feeling, so had fun with the images shown while “our” baseball team was in the Bay Area for 6 games last week.  Ah, travel!

I promised a report on TV Ears!  Put us down as another satisfied household.  They work exactly as advertised, and DH loves being able to actually hear what’s being said.  Once again, thanks for the miracle of this community and its wonderful, helpful people.

My best to all, healing thoughts raised for all in need.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry to hear your son tested positive Sandi.

Maybe he has had covid for several days without knowing if he has felt sick but never tested and hopefully in day or two he might be negative 🙏🤞.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

San Francisco 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Is  that bread  bowl of  soup  Clam Chowder looks  yummy.

Jim.

• Like 16

Good morning, all.  Some happy news today, Roy's birthday and @StLouisCruisers'  release from Covid jail, but worrisome items, too, Tana's continuing woes,  and more and more Covid popping up.  I was meditating  on yesterday's quote, and I think that one who definitely has had greatness thrust upon him is Ukraine's President Zelenskyy - I wonder if he had any idea of what would be facing him when he learned he had been elected.   Love onion rings, but DD announced she was going to make fish tacos tonight (it was supposed to be shrimp tacos last night, but that didn't work out).  Maybe I can add in a few onion rings.  We will have cole slaw, but no beer can cabbage..

Graham, I will be showing Pat your pictures - he said this morning that he planned to just pack long pants for our trip, and I told him he must take shorts as well!  Maybe I'll take a picture of him in Greenland in shorts, you never know...   My English cousin has suggested we take a Thames boat trip while we are in Kingston, from Kew to Hampton Court.  I'm looking forward to it - another cruise!

Sunny here today, so far, although the forecast is a "mix".  Pat has gone to golf, in shorts.  I have stamps this afternoon, I haven't been in a couple of weeks, as everyone is old and I had a cold.  And then next Wednesday, and then we're gone.  Eek, I am so slow in getting organized these days.  And such a worry about what will happen with flights.  Pat is always so well organized, but it is all out of our hands once we start out.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Is  that bread  bowl of  soup  Clam Chowder looks  yummy.

Jim.

Yes, it was wonderful. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I heard a blurb on the news earlier this week, that someone in the government (sorry I don't remember who) is thinking that the Airlines should be sued because they know in advance how many pilots they have, and how many crew, and how many planes, but they create flights that don't exist to begin with, to build up finances.  I totally agree with this.  The suing part.  I think it's called false advertising.  I know that they must build up some funds, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the public.  So for all who are flying -best wishes being sent your way. (through prayers, not flights)

Excellent post, we refuse to fly anymore and at 76 years old we basically have given up on traveling and seeing the world as we just despise the whole flying experience. We are content with taking our 3 or 4 cruises a year out of our home state of Florida as all we have to do is drive to the port and enjoy being on a ship.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone.  Thanks for the fleet & daily report as well as the lists and recipes.  Couldn’t live without HVAC techs, I’m glad they have their day.  I love onion rings but try and limit my consumption of them.  It’s important to be mindful of the world’s rainforests without which none of us would exist.  I like the quote today, it’s great advice.  The meal suggestion sounds like it could be very good and the drink sounds interesting (I haven’t read the recipes yet).  San Francisco is a lovely destination to which I’ve been several times although never on a ship.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events!

• Like 25

Fairly quick post from me.  Yesterday was travel day.  Today we (DSD, DSIL, 2 great grands, and I) are in hotel in suburbanDenver.  My DGD is getting married.  Such a happy family event.  Then the others will go back to Western Slope and I am staying in Denver area for a few days visiting a friend.  She and I have been friends for almost 60 years.

@smitty34877, I am praying extra hard for a swift recovery from pneumonia for Tana.  Have been through the pneumonia cycle a few times.  Hers is such a frightening disease.

@StLouisCruisers, I am so happy for you that the COVID jail has one less prisoner.  Hope your previous cell is totally empty soon.

Prayers for all those on the Cares list and cheers for those on the Celebrations list.

Our first cruise was in 1985 on the Noordam from Acapulco to the City by the Bay.  What a sight it was to see the Golden GateBridge at sunrise.  And that wonderful cruise hooked on that way of vacationing and a BHB as the means of travel.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Once again thanks to all for the kind words. If I weren’t posting on this IPhone I could try all the multi-quoting and thank you all personally. 

I'm getting ready to eat dinner at my usual table tonight. So much better than room service!

Here is the first photo I took this morning from my balcony. We were at Gravdal (Lofoten Islands), Norway. 😊

0BFCB8F2-3882-4DD5-A413-F47B168CDEE1.thumb.jpeg.1a3e6d536a3351464874acc1ba9a78a0.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, all! I love onion rings, but it’s hard to find gluten free ones and making my own doesn’t happen often. The beer can cabbage recipes sound interesting. The suggestion of cutting it into wedges and serving as a smoky side sounds REALLY good! 
We have been to San Francisco a few times, but never on a BHB.

Dinner and movie night with our friends was fun. We had shepherds pie with a topping of 3/4 potato and 1/4 sweet potato. It has a nice flavour, and gives the whole dish an attractive golden crust. Dessert was lemon meringue pie. Feeling daring, I tried a recipe that uses milk instead of water in the filling. The milk I had was macadamia nut milk. Our friends are close enough that if it was a disaster we could all just laugh and move on. Wow! I will never use water to make lemon filling again. It was amazing! 
After entertaining two nights in a row, today is kick back and eat leftovers day.

Happy Birthday @rafinmd, and congratulations  @StLouisCruisers for getting out of Covid jail. I hope your DH joins you soon. @smitty34877 I’m so sorry Tana is having an increasingly rough time. It was good that her son got to go to a party. Life must be so difficult and confusing for him. Thank goodness you and your family are there for them!

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Remember the airlines are a mess right now - fly in a day early and relax at a hotel, so your BHB won’t have to leave without you! 

A408D5EF-308F-4D12-A972-5263CF10EBA7.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3