The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 22nd, 2022

richwmn

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily/Fleet Report.

HVAC techs are important, to keep us warm and cool. I like onion rings. Rainforests are important and need to be protected. Good quote.

I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

I've been to San Francisco on a land trip (my pics are pre-digital).

Another hot day here, 91F right now. We're supposed to get strong storms this evening. 

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad to read you finally tested negative and are out of Covid jail! Sorry you're feeling week and tired. Take it easy! I hope DH gets out soon, and sad to hear your DS is now positive.

@grapau27 Good luck with the steroid injection; it's helped my knees in the past.

@dfish Same here, my downstairs AC didn't come on yesterday, but upstairs it did.

@smitty34877 Good to hear the soon to be graduate had a fun evening. I'm sorry Tana is coughing; maybe the doctor can give her some cough syrup with codeine? That usually works well.

@HAL Sailer Praying to see steady improvement in Curt's condition.

@ottahand7 Happy Birthday to DF!

@Heartgrove That's positive news about your brother. I hope you get to bring Tika to your home!

@travelingbums Welcome home! Airports sounds awful these days.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Try to stay safe everyone.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Graham, I will be showing Pat your pictures - he said this morning that he planned to just pack long pants for our trip, and I told him he must take shorts as well!  Maybe I'll take a picture of him in Greenland in shorts, you never know......................   

What's is that Ann   @Vict0riann , NO WAY , my pal Pat without shorts I can not believe that  !!!!!!  He must have told you that in a weak moment  ! 

I was going to add a number of pictures with Pat on tour when we cruised together .........

I better not .

Tony 😁.

• Like 20
  • Haha 7

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich.

I love to splurge on really good onion rings - a treat and hope that the world helps save the rainforests every day.

Love the quote - I’ve been trying to follow it but not very successfully sometimes 😉 

Very busy morning appointment wise and a ton of stuff to do inside and out today. 😬 Had my eye on a puppy last night but sadly, I think it’s too soon and wouldn’t be fair to the dog 😢

439DEF30-BD13-462E-967F-C10556A4BDD8.thumb.jpeg.8e765fa79e2b5ef0f90ad81b9e502b39.jpeg

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today is my last day as a 78-year old.  Today, in Social Security terms, I attain age 79.

Happy Social Security birthday to you Roy 🙂   Celebrate today and tomorrow 🙂 

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

DD gave him a ride to the party and told me there were at least 20 kids outside on a small lawn all looking at their phones.Oh my.We later found out that the parents collected all the phones as they came into the house!

I LOVE this 👍 

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Our Tana had a long night with awful coughing.DD told me she could hear it in her house.I am hoping today will be a better day.

Poor Tana 😢 I hope and pray today will be a much better day for her 🙏🏻 

5 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

A short update: DH's nephew has been moved from ICU to PCU. Doctors considered removing chest tube Monday and Tuesday but didn't. Maybe today? No news yet on any plans for discharge, rehab, or return home. 

Encouraging news, Melissa   He remains in my prayers 🙏🏻 

5 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

My DSIL had a meeting yesterday with the rehab facility staff yesterday concerning my brother's care. She feels that he is stronger now with the PEG due to getting better nourishment. The plan is to work with him physically and to reach a point where he can be discharged home. Then arrange for additional care at home.

Encouraging news 🤞 🙏🏻 

5 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

"Tika"

FB_IMG_1655900197460.thumb.jpg.af24c28eb11961a9e02dfd872a66b5e7.jpg

Tika is gorgeous ♥️. I think Sam will be one lucky boy to have a playmate.  Bless you for rescuing.

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

My house has become an evacuation home for my friend & her two cats, because her AC went out and the earliest it will be fixed is tomorrow - if they can get one part.  

How very kind of you to take your friend and her cats in ❤️ 

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you all for the welcome home!  I went out for a bit and enjoyed the fresh air. I feel much better than I did this morning. I’m not really nauseated anymore. 

So glad to hear you are feeling better.  To say I am happy you are out of covid jail is an understatement.  Hopefully your DH can join you soon 🤞 

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

DS took a rapid test and scored a positive!  He was positive in December 2020 too so this is his second go around. What a bummer!  Seems like this a topic that never goes away. 

Oh NO!  Your poor DS 😔. Sadly, you’re right and this topic never goes away.

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I heard a blurb on the news earlier this week, that someone in the government (sorry I don't remember who) is thinking that the Airlines should be sued because they know in advance how many pilots they have, and how many crew, and how many planes, but they create flights that don't exist to begin with, to build up finances.  I totally agree with this.  The suing part.  I think it's called false advertising.  I know that they must build up some funds, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the public.  So for all who are flying -best wishes being sent your way. (through prayers, not flights)

I don’t live in the U.S. so you have to keep that in perspective, but I disagree with suing the airlines.  Speaking as one whose flight had to be changed since it was cancelled, I “get” it.  I’m not a fan of Air Canada but they have taken measures cutting flights to be able to service the remainder. 

They DON’T know how many staff they have because of covid, etc.  It not only keeps staff from operating it can also delay pilots from getting their flying hours back they need to fly the planes.

@Crazy For Cats loved your meme today.  I saw this one on tuxedo cats (little devils) and thought I would make your day.

77A8DF63-94D7-4C24-BA7E-31BCF9116625.jpeg.d0d6e8c70c3a1df03790dfa40c387e26.jpeg

I started this morning and just finishing so I will have some catching up to do.  Just too many errands/appointments and just as I was on the last one, I put my purse down to put something in the car and someone ran over it.  My Iphone is toast 😭 

Truly depressed.  What else can go wrong?  I won’t say how long I’ve been on the phone to Apple.  How do you turn off location when the phone is destroyed???  My day has now been sucked up.  Sort of like the gas prices.

C94B09EC-9CB9-48E5-A256-C6BEA8436EC5.jpeg.841f6d6ea972f362e2ff5c0f34821c60.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list and for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebration list.  

Have a great Wednesday everyone and hope it is better than mine 😉 

43F715CC-2FCE-4649-B208-45FDBF4EA2BF.thumb.jpeg.16e099f4145c8e5c3192604977e6baee.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 when/where needed.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 7

Good afternoon.  This will be fairly quick.

For sometime DH has had back problems and recently mobility issues.  Yesterday was a particularly bad day, and last night his legs just wouldn't support him.  We got him eased down on the floor, but I had to get the paramedics to get him up.  We decided he needed to go to the ER.  After a night in the ER, he was admitted to the hospital for observation and physical therapy.  He is doing better, but still not able to stand.  It looks like a few days here then rehab or PT at home, maybe a combination of both.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I happy you are free.  Hope DH can join you tomorrow.  Sorry your DS tested positive.  Hope he's better soon.

@smitty34877 Terry, I'm sorry Tana had such a rough night.  Hoping for improvement soon.  Glad her son went to the party.

@Heartgrove  Good news about tour DB.

@HAL Sailer That is hood news about DH's nephew.

We also spent 4 days in San Francisco in March on Koningsdam.  This picture as we sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge.

20220330_105728_HDR.thumb.jpg.aa27f4c293355b6af1e884c6940c0af4.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 10

6 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

For sometime DH has had back problems and recently mobility issues.  Yesterday was a particularly bad day, and last night his legs just wouldn't support him.  We got him eased down on the floor, but I had to get the paramedics to get him up.  We decided he needed to go to the ER.  After a night in the ER, he was admitted to the hospital for observation and physical therapy.  He is doing better, but still not able to stand.  It looks like a few days here then rehab or PT at home, maybe a combination of both.

This sounds so familiar I have had to call the paramedics 3 times in the last year to help get DH off the floor. It's scary when it happens as he is also on blood thinners and he bruises easily.  The paramedics have been wonderful and very reassuring. Hopefully the rehab will help your husband, loss of mobility is very difficult to accept.

Mary

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Oh, my, Jacqui, about your iPhone!  Hope Apple can help you.  Was it a new one?  

29 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

What's is that Ann   @Vict0riann , NO WAY , my pal Pat without shorts I can not believe that  !!!!!!  He must have told you that in a weak moment  ! 

I was going to add a number of pictures with Pat on tour when we cruised together .........

I better not .

Tony 😁.

HaHA!  Tony, I think it was just his way of saying he would allow me the extra space in his suitcase....

• Like 20
  • Haha 2

@kazu So sorry about your phone.  Just what you didn't need.  I love the last meme you posted.  Right on target, especially after my day so far.

@Heartgrove That is good news about your DB.  Hope there is continued improvement and that he does get to come home.

@Quartzsite CruiserHow scary for your DH.   Hopefully rehab and PT will be able to help him.  

@smitty34877 I'm sorry Tana had such a poor night.  I hope she can rest more comfortably.

@HAL Sailer What encouraging news about Curt.  May it continue in that direction.

I tried to do my laps this morning but when I turned the corner to go around the block I discovered the city had ripped out the sidewalks and they were blocking the street so you couldn't cross over and use the other side.  So, I turned around and went the other way thinking I could walk back the other way to that point.  Nope.  They had ripped out sidewalks the entire length of the block.  I crossed to the other side and the ones on that side were ripped up as well.  So, I walked up and down my street for a while.  Then, I went to the pool to find out that they had rented out the pool to a camp group on water boards.  No notification or anything.  In fact, the pool manager didn't even have notification.  He found out when they showed up.  He was more upset than I was.  I came home and sent a long email to the powers that be.  And, I cleaned bathrooms, a more fruitful and satisfying activity than my other ones.

Edited by dfish
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I happy you are free.  Hope DH can join you tomorrow.  Sorry your DS tested positive.  Hope he's better soon.

@smitty34877 Terry, I'm sorry Tana had such a rough night.  Hoping for improvement soon.  Glad her son went to the party.

@Heartgrove  Good news about tour DB.

@HAL Sailer That is hood news about DH's nephew.

We also spent 4 days in San Francisco in March on Koningsdam.  This picture as we sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge.

20220330_105728_HDR.thumb.jpg.aa27f4c293355b6af1e884c6940c0af4.jpg

Lenda

Sincerest best wishes and prayers that your husband is back on his feet quickly Lenda.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

This sounds so familiar I have had to call the paramedics 3 times in the last year to help get DH off the floor. It's scary when it happens as he is also on blood thinners and he bruises easily.  The paramedics have been wonderful and very reassuring. Hopefully the rehab will help your husband, loss of mobility is very difficult to accept.

Mary

Sending you and your husband our best wishes Mary.

I'm so sorry to hear of his mobility issues.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@dfish, wishing you a better day tomorrow.  2 nasty surprises in one day.  Sounds like you may be looking for alternative exercise possibilities for some time.

@kazu what a rotten day.  Recovering the data will be the big problem but is there any chance of help from insurance on the cost, either from your insurance or the other driver?  I agree with you on the airlines, just too many variables right now.

Roy

• Like 18

@kazu So sorry to hear about your phone. Did you have Apple Care on it? 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Oh my, on DH's mobility issues. Hopefully PT/rehab can make a big difference.

@dfish It sounds like your efforts to exercise were thwarted at every turn. Especially bad about the pool takeover, with no notice to even the manager.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@kazu better the phone than you getting run over.  they must have been very close to you.  a phone can be replaced, but you are not replaceable.

@Heartgrove A new "puppy"  how exciting!  Question though, with all that fur, how do they keep cool in the summer?  The cats right now are giant puff balls!  And they live in an air conditioned house.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I hope that your DH can be diagnosed, and on his way to better real soon.  Was he in pain before this happened?  Like a nerve?  You and he are added to my prayer list. 

@smitty34877 I think you and Tana need a serenity moment.

img_6364.jpg

I am currently between zoom meetings.  I think I'll start on my newest campaign tomorrow.  I can enjoy an evening off.  Comb the cats, play on the computer. etc.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@kazu better the phone than you getting run over.  they must have been very close to you.  a phone can be replaced, but you are not replaceable.

@Heartgrove A new "puppy"  how exciting!  Question though, with all that fur, how do they keep cool in the summer?  The cats right now are giant puff balls!  And they live in an air conditioned house.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I hope that your DH can be diagnosed, and on his way to better real soon.  Was he in pain before this happened?  Like a nerve?  You and he are added to my prayer list. 

@smitty34877 I think you and Tana need a serenity moment.

img_6364.jpg

I am currently between zoom meetings.  I think I'll start on my newest campaign tomorrow.  I can enjoy an evening off.  Comb the cats, play on the computer. etc.

He has sciatica probably caused by the spinal stenosis.  He may need back surgery, but Coved threw a monkey wrench into treatments.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

53 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

😁 Alaskan Malamutes, and other breeds that have a double coat, "blow" their inner coat when it begins to get warm. The lighter Summer Inner Coat actually helps to insulate them from the heat. We do keep Sam in the house during the hot days though. Attached is a photo of Sam ( he looks guilty for some reason, as if he tore up a pillow!) after brushing him last month when his inner coat really let go. Almost an additional dog!

Spoke to the Alaskan Malamute rescue organization and expressed my interest. Tika might already be spoken for though. Another adopter lost her previous female a few months ago and is also interested. Tika actually hasn't even made it to a foster for evaluation so it be a while, if at all. Once a Malamute owner, always a Malamute owner. That is why Sam is my fourth.

- Jack

1754479558_05162220222.thumb.jpg.037f7ee9ffd2201f81429f168607604d.jpg

2083914029_0516222023a2.thumb.jpg.22470290afd6a5911fc3dbd275b3bedf.jpg

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

@kazu what a rotten day.  Recovering the data will be the big problem but is there any chance of help from insurance on the cost, either from your insurance or the other driver?  I agree with you on the airlines, just too many variables right now.

Thanks Roy. I confess I am not good with problems or stress right now.

I do have Apple Care but they are dinging me nearly $150 to replace it on top of the Apple Care cost. 😢 

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@kazu So sorry to hear about your phone. Did you have Apple Care on it? 

I do thanks but it will be a wait for the new phone being in Canada

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Aww - your are sweet.  Yes they were very close - in my parking space - my purse is a favourite from Spain and I only found it in one spot.  I doubt it can be replaced either.  I’m not materialistic but it was one DH and I chose together. ‘Sigh

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@Heartgrove A new "puppy"  how exciting!  Question though, with all that fur, how do they keep cool in the summer? 

I am not Jack but I have had several “winter” dogs - Maverick, Marley and Fox to name a few.  The key (for me) was brushing, keeping them groomed to thin the double coat  and making sure they didn’t spend too long outside.  and like @Heartgrove said - they do blow their coats.  Fond memories with his pictures ♥️ 

I had a temperature gage that I used faithfully.  And on normal days, they loved to be out with me while I planted and worked on the planters.  On high hot days - we did a mini walk on the neighbours grass to satisfy them and they were in the house except for “business” and few minutes of outsided.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@kazu So sorry about your phone.  Just what you didn't need.  I love the last meme you posted.  Right on target, especially after my day so far.

I hear you.  If it makes you feel any better we have no sidewalks on our street.  

Jacqui, @kazu, was it a hit and run on your iPhone?  What a disaster!  I would be lost without mine.  Good luck on a replacement pdq.

Pretty much, Ann.  They moved in too close - realized they hit something and backed off some fast and took off.  No license plates any more in New Brunswick on the front of cars so it is a lost cause.

Can’t believe this.  

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

OMG so sorry to hear this - prayers for your DH 🙏🏻 

Oh, my, Jacqui, about your iPhone!  Hope Apple can help you.  Was it a new one?  

Brand new (for me) Ann - got it to get through to the hospital easier for Jose. (Doors were locked and you had to phone. My very old, ancient Samsung was burping so I changed.  It was less than 3 months old 😔 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 9

Good afternoon - it's hot and muggy out there and we've just had a notification on our phones of a severe thunderstorm warning.  It'll be interesting to see if it really develops or not.

@Quartzsite CruiserI'm so sorry to hear about your DH; I hope the time in hospital with physical therapy will bring him home to you soon!

@HeartgroveKika looks adorable; I hope she soon becomes a part of your pack.

@kazuTHEY RAN OVER YOUR PURSE?????  Yes, I intended to yell that!  Seriously, that's terrible - and they need to replace your phone for you with their insurance.  And to have ruined a beautiful purse you and Jose chose just adds insult to injury.  On the positive side (as if there is one here), you weren't physically injured, although it sounds like they were close enough you could have been!   Hugs to you.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I hope they're also doing some testing and diagnostic work.  Observation and PT do not sound like a solution to me.

Fortunately, I've only had such a situation once (back in November), had a pretty good idea what it was, and was able to crawl around enough to my cell phone and a place where I could use my arms to work myself back up.  I knew that it was a nasty hip problem at the site of one of my cancer hormone injections, but first the EMT's had to do a full workup to eliminate things like a heart problem.

They did the same thing in the ER with lots of tests of everything from cardiac function to Covid before going on to the ultrasound of my hip, the final solution but only considered after the life threatening things were eliminated.  Once they found it they stuck in a needle and pulled out a bunch of pus.   I felt better almost immediately but was kept in the hospital 2 nights until they lab results on the pus came back and they decided what antibiotics I needed,

I hope the hospital finds something that can be fixed and a real improvement can be achieved.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Memories - in the corner of my mind.

Excellent grooming job 👍 

My dog but Sue does most of it!  😁  Actually DSIL, Sue , and I do it. I get the nail clipping too.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon!

I've been reading all day (at work), but just got home and am able to post.

So sorry for all the illnesses in our Daily Family.  Glad to celebrate with those who have good things happening ( @rafinmdcongratulations Roy on your birthday!).

We were in San Francisco for a few days before our 2019 Maasdam cruise (21 days). We did all the touristy things - Ghirardelli, Fisherman's Wharf, riding the cable cars, walking both down and up Lombard Street (!!), touring Alcatraz, and a bus tour of the city, including going over the Golden Gate Bridge.  We had beautiful weather, and really enjoyed seeing the sights around town.

0004.thumb.JPG.f2c16b32724ac69854afbd2a1a91a1a9.JPG

0006a.thumb.JPG.5eaeb236c50cbf0c4a6b4986e12050e5.JPG

0008.thumb.JPG.ec8771a1476ae21e366532b7261d48eb.JPG

0014.thumb.JPG.b148c8275f88af72a6d7b43102613c2a.JPG

0019a.thumb.JPG.04b6ad8e46e0dbb4179d86b82efbc958.JPG

0031.thumb.JPG.80fe6420863caa0abd95357652071644.JPG

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Perfect day to go for a 90 minute drive to get to Menard's, our decent grocery Meijer, the casino, buying fireworks and a pizza dinner.

@ottahand7 🍕 Your pizza looks scrumptious! Since I find myself in the U.P. occasionally, would you be willing to share the name of your special pizza place? Based on your other errands, I'm guessing you went to Escanaba or Marquette as each has a Meijer and a Menard. But that's as far as sleuthing led me -- and that pizza is calling to me!🍕

-Melisa 

• Like 14

Good Evening Everyone, I had an after dinner show tonight.  DH tried to fill out his ArrivCan information and was cussing and fuming.  I reminded him that I sent him the step by step instructions over the weekend.  He finally completed the task. Wish I had some popcorn to watch the show. 🤣🤣🤣

@kazu your meme is good for most of there except for my tuxedo.  Tucker is a sweetheart, his brother on the other hand.  Zander and Amelia are good at mischief too. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1