The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 22nd, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

@kazu your meme is good for most of there except for my tuxedo.  Tucker is a sweetheart, his brother on the other hand.  Zander and Amelia are good at mischief too. 

Oh my apologies Jake.  Most of my cats were Siamese back in the day (Between DH and I we had 5 cats LOL) however my rescues were tuxedoes at times and they were alway evil finding something to get into.  I certainly can’t say the others were blameless 😂. Tip - never teach a Siamese to play fetch (they never stop) or to flush the toilet to avoid cat litter (they love running water and will flush over and over and over 😉 But my tuxedo broke every rule in the book - constantly- reaching out to friends I heard the same thing - notorious.

My sincere apologies if coloured Tucker with the same brush 😳 

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

@kazu,I am glad you are ok but  what a close call.So sorry about the phone and bag.

I honestly never thought about that.  I as too upset about the phone and bag 😢 

Thanks for the silver lining.  I’m not good at finding them these days.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@kazu  Regarding my earlier post about creating flights when they know they cant staff them- this was from an article on American Airlines today- I didn't print all of it, but in the beginning of the article it stated that this problem will last for about two years.  I think this is why so many people have a right to be angry.  Not at the crew, not at the pilots, not at the baggage handlers,  but at the corporate level who made the decision to market flights, that they know they cannot fly.  (google news)

You sold tickets in the spring that you knew you wouldn't be able to fulfill this summer," he said, adding that so far in June, over 600,000 American passengers have been affected by cancellations and delays citing internal company data.

The pilot shortage has been an industrywide issue and comes as summer travel demand is starting to surge. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I couldn't go back in and type in my "print font",  DH and I have a cruise in February.  If we drive to Tampa, we have to eat on the way, stay over night, eat on the way back, pay for parking, and at one time we actually thought that flying in the day of the cruise (risky I know) would be saving us a ton of money. At the price of gas these days affecting every thing, including flying, I guess we go back to plan A, and have me drive to Tampa. I would hate to not have my flight, and miss a cruise that I paid several thousand for.  (well not lots of thousands, but a couple)

b6ac63439cdedc87868404cf6d73dcdc--cat-paintings-cat-illustrations.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 16

23 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

If we drive to Tampa, we have to eat on the way, stay over night, eat on the way back, pay for parking,

The drive from Atlanta (or Athens) to Tampa isn't too bad - I did it several years ago - and there are (at least were) hotels that will allow you to store your car during the cruise and shuttle you to and from the port. The time I did it was very easy.

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@kazu  Regarding my earlier post about creating flights when they know they cant staff them- this was from an article on American Airlines today- I didn't print all of it, but in the beginning of the article it stated that this problem will last for about two years.  I think this is why so many people have a right to be angry.  Not at the crew, not at the pilots, not at the baggage handlers,  but at the corporate level who made the decision to market flights, that they know they cannot fly.  (google news)

You sold tickets in the spring that you knew you wouldn't be able to fulfill this summer," he said, adding that so far in June, over 600,000 American passengers have been affected by cancellations and delays citing internal company data.

The pilot shortage has been an industrywide issue and comes as summer travel demand is starting to surge. 

No worries my friend - I was talking about Canadian airlines as I tried to say earlier (perhaps I didn’t say it well)

we are affected by cancellations too, don’t get me wrong.  I think they thought they could get things moving faster than they could - just like the cruise lines - just like a lot of people in the travel industry,

Don’t get me wrong.  I am NOT happy with the change to my flight coming home nor the flight forcing me to stay in FLL and (no disrespect intended) avoid U.S. airline carriers like the plague.  

I just get tired of the litigious reactions to so many things.  HAL had cancelled cruises. Everyone is disappointed but no one is suing them that I know of.

The travel industry is struggling to catch up and keep up in all sectors.

Will I vent and scream if my flight is cancelled?  Damn right I will.  But I already know it’s a huge  risk and have been watching for 3 days for my flight on Friday.

No worries if we agree to disagree. 😉 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

I’m very late today. Sam has tested positive for covid as well as his aide. He’s been staying with my daughter since Thursday so I took anPCR test today but my in home test was negative. Then, there is my birthday this Sunday where I e bought out a whole row of seats for the family to see  Camelot at a local community theater. So, now Sam won’t be there and I’m hoping the rest of us will be well. Back tomorrow.

Carol

• Like 8
  • Thanks 11

6 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

I’m very late today. Sam has tested positive for covid as well as his aide. He’s been staying with my daughter since Thursday so I took anPCR test today but my in home test was negative. Then, there is my birthday this Sunday where I e bought out a whole row of seats for the family to see  Camelot at a local community theater. So, now Sam won’t be there and I’m hoping the rest of us will be well. Back tomorrow.

Carol

I'm so sorry to hear that.  Do you mind if I ask about your vaccination status.  I know there has been some hesitation based on some of your pre-existing conditions in consultation with your physician and I know you have at least a single J&J shot but have you had anything beyond that.  In your case it come downs to the least objectionable of 2 options with minimal vaccine protection or the possible of severe complications from the shot.  You at least have made the best possible choice with the help of your physician.

I certainly hope you stay negative.

Roy

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol

Oh NO Carol, how awful. 😔 

Very worried for Sam & you. He has too many issues and I am very afraid.  Huge prayers for you both 🙏 

• Like 12

6 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@dfishThanks for the air fryer BBQ chicken recipe. I switched to wings and thighs but they turned out perfectly. Everyone loved them.

So glad you liked them!   I prefer the wings to the drumsticks.  

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@dfish, wishing you a better day tomorrow.  2 nasty surprises in one day.  Sounds like you may be looking for alternative exercise possibilities for some time.

You know, I mentioned in my email that I found the current place when I was searching for a new place to go and I could always resume the search.  Tomorrow is a new day.  And, I don't go to the pool until 4 pm, so there will be no kids water boarding or kayaking  

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@dfish It sounds like your efforts to exercise were thwarted at every turn. Especially bad about the pool takeover, with no notice to even the manager.

I was just meant to take it easy today.   Ha ha ha

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

He has sciatica probably caused by the spinal stenosis.  He may need back surgery, but Coved threw a monkey wrench into treatments.

Lenda

That is part of what is wrong with my back and the pool does help that.  I credit the pool with keeping me upright.  I am resisting surgery.  Even when 100% successful it has limited improvements.  

56 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol

I am so sorry Sam has Covid.  Prayers that you stay negative.  My friend, a public health doc, says we'll all have it eventually.  A lot of us will never know we have it because we will be asymptomatic.  

• Like 14

Well, I too am very late today.  I had a very bad night last night.  I usually do not drink hard liquor, only wine.  Why i thought I should have rum last night is beyond me.  Well I woke up at 1 am in a soaking sweat and could not get back to sleep.  I have been tired all day.  

I also started to cough yesterday and have a sore throat.  i started to worry.  So i took a home test tonight.  Thankfully I it was negative.  Supposedly I am supposed to be immune for 90 days after testing positive, so I should be okay until the middle of July.  However, I wanted to be safe.

So that was my scare today.

Thank you to Rich for the days.  Living in the South, I don’t know what we would do without a working HVAC.  I don’t usually eat more than one onion ring.  As for rainforests, the only one I have ever been to is El Yunque in Puerto Rico and have been there a number of times.

I have been to San Francisco, but not on a cruise.  I had to go there for work.  For a period of 2 1/2 years in my working life, I was a disability trainer for the Social Security Administration and traveled all over the country doing training.  San Francisco was one of my stops thanks to the Federal Government.  Got to see lots of the Good Old USA that way.

I will skip the meal.  i don’t eat cabbage.  I do like the quote.

Roy, Thanks for the lists and Happy Day before your birthday.  i do understand your SSA Birthday logic even if no one else does,.

Prayers for so many today. 

@StLouisCruisersI am happy you have been sprung.  Prayers for DH that he tests negative tomorrow.  Also prayers for Buddy. Prayers also for your Son.

@smitty34877Prayers for Tana.  Congatulations to her son on his 8th grade Graduation.  Glad he got to the party. Prayers for your DH with his gout problem.

@mamaofamiPrayers for Sam and that his Covid is mild and he recovers quickly. Hope you get to celebrate your birthday with some family members.

@kazu sorry about your phone.  Was it backed up?  If so, you should be able to get the info from iCloud.

@HeartgrovePrayers for your brother.  Glad he seems to improving.

@HAL Sailer continuing prayers for your nephew.

@Quartzsite Cruiserprayers for DH.

If i missed anyone, I am sorry.

As for me, I have lowered the prednisone dosage.  I have some pain in the arms.  I don’t know if it is from fatigue and not sleeping or from the lowered dosage.  We will see what tomorrow brings.  i did not get to tackle the closet today as planned.

@seagarsmoker i was happy to see the photo of Bolongo Bay.  Many years ago, and I mean many, my mom and I went there for a week after I had knee surgery to help me recuperate.  It was a really nice place.  

Cheers to all of you who are celebrating and cruising.  Please stay safe.  Wear your mask.

God Bless everyone,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Good evening.  It's late and it's been a long day after a long night.  

The answer to  @rafinmd Roy's question, they did a lot of tests in the ER, including a CAT scan, blood work and ekg.  We know the problem was due to the siatica and spinal stenosis which was diagnosed a few years ago.  He did something Monday that irritated his back, which has happened before, but this was the worst.  He has seen a surgeon about back surgery and has an appointment for a second opinion on July 6.  The hospital shutdowns the last two years have really slowed the process down.  The PT is to strengthen the muscles after not being used much the last two years.

@dfish  Debbie, DH has been leary about surgery, especially spinal fusion.

There is good news though.  Steroids have helped in the past, but the oral steroids didn't help yesterday.  They gave him a large dose of steroids by IV this morning.  By this afternoon, he was able to get out of bed by himself and walk around the room. It's likely he'll be released tomorrow.  They can do the PT at the house which will be good.

We both appreciate all the good wishes from everyone.  I'm afraid I'll miss someone if I try to name everyone, but know all your good wishes meant a lot.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry about your purse and your phone.  I very glad it wasn't you.

@mamaofami  Carol, I'm so sorry Sam and his aide have Covid, and wish them a speedy recovery.  I hope you keep testing negative.

It's late and I'm ready to get some sleep.

Again, thank younall for the support.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Yikes!  What a poopy day!   I’m so sorry to hear so many sorrows.  DH has added to them as his skin biopsy has come back as melanoma, and he needs surgery. Hoping it was caught early enough,  make sure and check those spots!  It is his second one, and I didn’t like the looks of it! 

@mamaofami poor Sam!  Hope he has a mild case.

@kazu they ran over your purse!  WTH!   
@Quartzsite Cruiser hope your DH is on on the mend! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

51 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Yikes!  What a poopy day!   I’m so sorry to hear so many sorrows.  DH has added to them as his skin biopsy has come back as melanoma, and he needs surgery. Hoping it was caught early enough,  make sure and check those spots!  It is his second one, and I didn’t like the looks of it! 

Oh no!  Sending healing vibes and prayers for a good outcome for your DH!

@Cruzin Terrisorry you’re having such a bad day, hopefully tomorrow will be better for you.

@Quartzsite Cruisergood to hear your DH is responding well to the IV steroid will be home soon, and can do PT at home.  Hope he can get relief for his pain. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hi everyone. I’m just sitting in front of the balcony door looking outside and reading the rest of Wednesday’s Daily and Fleet report. 

its 9 am here and I’m waiting to get a call from DH to find out his status. Had breakfast alone in Horizon Court and did something I don’t normally do. Eat eggs away from home. I like the yolk broken and cooked through. But I felt like eggs were what I was craving so went for it. It was nice for a change. I’m a little tired today but I’m not complaining!  We have high winds and seas so this ship has been rocking through the night and morning. And it’s cold outside, otherwise I’d be out there. 

@kazuJacqui I’m so sorry about your purse and IPhone being run over!  I hope you can replace the phone quickly. Back before IPhones I put my purse down in DD’s garage as I attempted to help place grandkids in the car. She ended up backing over the purse but at least my eyeglasses were safe in a hard case. No phone to worry about then. 

@Quartzsite CruiserLenda I’m very sorry to hear about your DH’s leg issues.  Hope he’s back home soon getting his therapy 

Happy Birthday @rafinmd Roy! My DD turns 50 Friday and they are planning a party to celebrate. Wish I could be there to celebrate her!

@mamaofamiCarol I’m sad to hear Sam and the aide are Covid positive and hope they both recover fully. Hopefully your family will still be able to celebrate your birthday Sunday. 

@bennybearwhat bad news for DH about his melanoma. I also hope it’s been found early and will be taken care of quickly. 

I heard Buddy was able to move his right leg yesterday for the first time since his spinal surgery. Thank goodness!  However they tried to place a feeding tube and failed. He really needs some nourishment because he’s thin as a rail. I hope they can work something out for him. He needs to get some strength back. 

Well  it’s taken me a long time to peck at this IPhone keyboard and still no call from DH. I’ll have to let you all know later. 

Have a great day everyone!❤️

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@dfish, wishing you a better day tomorrow.  2 nasty surprises in one day.  Sounds like you may be looking for alternative exercise possibilities for some time.

@kazu what a rotten day.  Recovering the data will be the big problem but is there any chance of help from insurance on the cost, either from your insurance or the other driver?  I agree with you on the airlines, just too many variables right now.

Roy

@rafinmd.

Happy birthday Roy.

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Carol

I'm sorry to hear Sam and his aide are positive.

I hope they both have only mild symptoms and recover quickly.

Take care and stay safe yourself Carol.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi everyone. I’m just sitting in front of the balcony door looking outside and reading the rest of Wednesday’s Daily and Fleet report. 

its 9 am here and I’m waiting to get a call from DH to find out his status. Had breakfast alone in Horizon Court and did something I don’t normally do. Eat eggs away from home. I like the yolk broken and cooked through. But I felt like eggs were what I was craving so went for it. It was nice for a change. I’m a little tired today but I’m not complaining!  We have high winds and seas so this ship has been rocking through the night and morning. And it’s cold outside, otherwise I’d be out there. 

@kazuJacqui I’m so sorry about your purse and IPhone being run over!  I hope you can replace the phone quickly. Back before IPhones I put my purse down in DD’s garage as I attempted to help place grandkids in the car. She ended up backing over the purse but at least my eyeglasses were safe in a hard case. No phone to worry about then. 

@Quartzsite CruiserLenda I’m very sorry to hear about your DH’s leg issues.  Hope he’s back home soon getting his therapy 

Happy Birthday @rafinmd Roy! My DD turns 50 Friday and they are planning a party to celebrate. Wish I could be there to celebrate her!

@mamaofamiCarol I’m sad to hear Sam and the aide are Covid positive and hope they both recover fully. Hopefully your family will still be able to celebrate your birthday Sunday. 

@bennybearwhat bad news for DH about his melanoma. I also hope it’s been found early and will be taken care of quickly. 

I heard Buddy was able to move his right leg yesterday for the first time since his spinal surgery. Thank goodness!  However they tried to place a feeding tube and failed. He really needs some nourishment because he’s thin as a rail. I hope they can work something out for him. He needs to get some strength back. 

Well  it’s taken me a long time to peck at this IPhone keyboard and still no call from DH. I’ll have to let you all know later. 

Have a great day everyone!❤️

Best wishes 🙏🤞 for a negative test for your husband Sandi.

Happy 50th birthday to your dear daughter tomorrow.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

@mamaofami poor Sam!  Hope he has a mild case.

@kazu they ran over your purse!  WTH!   
@Quartzsite Cruiser hope your DH is on on the mend! 

Sending our prayers 🙏 for a quick and successful removal of your husband's melanoma.

G&P.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Rats!  Just heard from DH and he’s positive again (day 8).  Another lonely day for both of us. Hoping our daughter’s birthday is the lucky ticket out for him tomorrow. ☘️

Oh no that is disappointing news Sandi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

A sad day in Baltimore with the death of 2 of our Ravens Football Players, Jaylin Ferguson at age 26 and retired player Tony Sagrgusa at an untimely age 55.

Roy

That is a real shame, both way too young. My sympathy to their families. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Quartzsite CruiserPrayers for your DH.  I hope they find some therapy or meds to help him.

@kazuSorry about your purse and phone.  I'm glad you were not physically hurt.

@Heartgrove Tika is beautiful, I hope she becomes part of your family.

@mamaofamiSorry about Sam testing positive, I hope it's mild.

@StLouisCruisers Good news about Buddy.  Sorry your DH is still positive.

@rafinmdSo sad to hear of the deaths.  Prayers for their families and friends.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Rats!  Just heard from DH and he’s positive again (day 8).  Another lonely day for both of us. Hoping our daughter’s birthday is the lucky ticket out for him tomorrow. ☘️

🤬 darn it!  Will he automatically be released tomorrow (as you would have been today had you not tested neg yesterday)?

• Like 3