Difficulty Contacting Azamara?

SomersetCruiser999

Hi, my travel agent is having real difficulty getting to speak to Azamara to add on a cruise to an existing booking to alter flight details. The TA has spent over a week without success. Has anyone else had the same issues from either the UK or US? You would think they would want the extra business! 

26 minutes ago, SomersetCruiser999 said:

Hi, my travel agent is having real difficulty getting to speak to Azamara to add on a cruise to an existing booking to alter flight details. The TA has spent over a week without success. Has anyone else had the same issues from either the UK or US? You would think they would want the extra business! 

From Canada yesterday morning was in contact with an Azamara agent within 5 minutes.

36 minutes ago, SomersetCruiser999 said:

I know my agent had issues two weeks ago.  I think many agents ring and leave the phone on speaker whilst they work away sometimes for a very very long time.  I am sure if recommending a cruise line some agents have to be swayed by how much they can do without a call (eg how much can be done electronically) and how long the wait to get a call answered.  That would be human nature

I’ve  phoned Azamara 4 times in the last week other than the long winded out of date pre-recorded messages I’ve gotten through to an agent in a matter of minutes each time. Unlike my soon to be ex travel agent I gave up after 50 minutes and used the message service and a week later I’m still awaiting a reply.

I called a few times in the last week or so and reached an agent in short order.  Today I was on hold for about 15-20 minutes, but I called in the middle of the day and at least one of my other calls was in the evening.

Hi All,

many thanks for your replies. I contacted Azamara direct and spoke to an agent within 10-15 minutes and asked them to contact my travel agent. Still heard nothing!!! Clearly it is not the done thing to change anything once booked, even if it is to add on another cruise!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

It is awful! I am trying to reach someone at Azamara regarding getting reimbursed for expenses after contacting covid on the Quest in early May. I'm on hold forever, or half the phone messages lead me back to the RC people. When I first got back, I was dealing with RC, sent everything to them. Now they say we have to deal with Azamara, and I can't reach anyone, nor are they responding to my emails. We did have the Cruise Care insurance. Will never use this line again. Don't blame them for getting covid, but their response since is beyond terrible. The guest relations team on the Quest assured us our expenses would be taken care of, what a joke.

I totally agree, Azamara are terrible, I contracted Covid the day before cruise, but despite feeling rough knew I should contact them to cancel, I held for 2 hours before getting cut off, then unable to even get to the holding stage. I have also used their web contact form, tweeted them, and my friends onboard have informed them, I have emailed the ship but not a single person has had the decency to respond. I am beyond appalled by their lack of customer service. 

Like a previous poster has stated their recorded information is out of date, talks about Royal Caribbean and the 3 Azamara ships, does not provide much confidence in their organisation.

It's now day 4 of trying to contact them, the last thing I feel like doing with Covid, does anyone else have any advice how to contact them. 

40 minutes ago, energyuk said:

I totally agree, Azamara are terrible, I contracted Covid the day before cruise, but despite feeling rough knew I should contact them to cancel, I held for 2 hours before getting cut off, then unable to even get to the holding stage. I have also used their web contact form, tweeted them, and my friends onboard have informed them, I have emailed the ship but not a single person has had the decency to respond. I am beyond appalled by their lack of customer service. 

Like a previous poster has stated their recorded information is out of date, talks about Royal Caribbean and the 3 Azamara ships, does not provide much confidence in their organisation.

It's now day 4 of trying to contact them, the last thing I feel like doing with Covid, does anyone else have any advice how to contact them. 

We live ln Switzerland and for any queries regarding  Azamara, I have been able to contact their RCL/Celebrity office in Germany at their toll free No. 0800 200 904. They have so far been most helpful. Why don't you give it a try? 

Absolutely awful customer service.

Both I and my travel agent have been on hold to Azamara UK for 10s of hours - I kid you not. I have even talked to the Azamara Swiss office and the state's. Nobody knows answer to simple question Where will the transfer Venice to Ravenna be Isola Nova or Piazzalle Roma..  Will never sail Azamara again

I usually phone their American number for best results. 

Just over 45 minutes someone answered, but had to transfer me to another operator. 

After 20 minutes I gave up.

No doubt, Azamara are losing a lot of good will and customers at the moment.

• Like 1

Phoned at 9am U.K. time and got through in under 15 minutes most of that time listening to the multiple out of date recorded messages. I try to avoid phoning once the U.S. market starts waking up as then it can be hit and miss.

• Like 1

We are trying to contact Azamara as our outbound flight has been changed and the flight will now not get us into Copenhagen in time to board. I only found out that the flight was cancelled as I attempted to checkin. We have had no communication from Azamara or the airline, Azamara booked the flights as part of the package.

We are having real problems getting through to Azamara, I do understand that these are difficult times with flight cancellations, but it is very frustrating.

Fly cruises are becoming too stressful!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lindy028 said:

We are trying to contact Azamara as our outbound flight has been changed and the flight will now not get us into Copenhagen in time to board. I only found out that the flight was cancelled as I attempted to checkin. We have had no communication from Azamara or the airline, Azamara booked the flights as part of the package.

We are having real problems getting through to Azamara, I do understand that these are difficult times with flight cancellations, but it is very frustrating.

Fly cruises are becoming too stressful!

Try the Azamara Circle email address - I got a quicker answer from them.

Thanks for the tip re Azamara circle email. We eventually got through and to our surprise Azamara had no idea that EasyJet had cancelled our outbound flight. Apparently EasyJet notify a batch of cancellations and Azamara have to go through the list to see who is affected. It appears the flight was cancelled over a week ago, we only found out because we wanted to check that we could access the online checkin as Azamara had booked the flights. The Azamara agent said it was very helpful that we had discovered the cancellation as she said it gave them a better opportunity to find alternatives. So, if anyone is booked on an EasyJet flight in the next 5/6 weeks I would suggest checking the flight is still live.

We now have a flight with BA Manchester to Copenhagen. Fingers crossed that one goes ahead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you have the option phone the US number, then you will get a response.

If you phone the UK number, you will wait on hold for an hour and then be cut off.

Both I and my travel agent have the same experience over numerous occasions.

You are better off looking for a cruise with another cruise line.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Solon said:

If you phone the UK number, you will wait on hold for an hour and then be cut off.

Not true in my experience. My travel agent gets through first thing in the morning, & I got through quite quickly.

10 hours ago, Solon said:

That’s my experience and my agents experience regardless of when we call. 

9 hours ago, Riocca said:

Definitely hit and miss, this week for the first time I was on hold for an hour before I rang off and immediately redialled then got an answer within 5 minutes. 

Very lucky....but was that with the UK office or the US?

I have found getting through to the US office possible but the UK one impossible.

Unfortunately, I have to speak to someone in the UK office to do a refund of port taxes which the US agents are unable to do.

I will continue to waste more of my life on the phone to Azamara, but after holding for ages and then cut off really makes me very angry!!!

43 minutes ago, Solon said:

Very lucky....but was that with the UK office or the US?

I have found getting through to the US office possible but the UK one impossible.

Unfortunately, I have to speak to someone in the UK office to do a refund of port taxes which the US agents are unable to do.

I will continue to waste more of my life on the phone to Azamara, but after holding for ages and then cut off really makes me very angry!!!

There’s no UK office to telephone it’s just sales support to travel agents. The UK number takes you through to Azamara customer service in Wichita USA, if you email Azamara UK that also goes to the same office. They have recently added a number of new staff members who I think are struggling to come to terms with all the different offers in different markets across the world. All I can suggest is if you have problems getting  your questions resolved ask to speak to a more senior member of the team.

• Like 1