Regent's hotel in Miami?

Borna

2 minutes ago, FengShui@Sea said:

We were put in the AKA Brickell in Miami in April which was a downgrade from the Four Seasons the previous time.  Others on our sailing were put in the Miami East Hotel. 

Hmm.  thanks for your response.  That's only a 4 star hotel.  I thought only 5 star hotels are used.

14 minutes ago, Borna said:

Hmm.  thanks for your response.  That's only a 4 star hotel.  I thought only 5 star hotels are used.

Sadly we definitely noticed a downgrade with Regent (including running low on food items) on our April Splendor TA.  I hope it is just a post Covid thing and will eventually return to normal, as I am sure they were hard hit financially. 

On 6/23/2022 at 4:39 PM, Snackdaddy said:

Hi Techno123,

We are on the same Navigator cruise!!! ☺️

We are indeed 😁 hotel looks good but may have to do something about the Regent flights. 1.5 hours to change terminals and catch the connecting flight would be pushing it at the best of times and airports (and Heathrow isn't one of them 😂😜)

57 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Regent Air is not good when it comes to layover times and having to make connections. You should not accept a flight unless u have a 3 hour layover at this time.

They should know better.

I have messaged the travel agent so will get them to sort it. Don't plan to start my holiday/vacation stressed out and with missing luggage 😜

• Like 1

We agree that 1.5 hrs. is not enough layover at Heathrow.  We have recently twice traveled through it, and most of the people with us said they would do anything to not go through London again. 

On our last trip (in May) we literally had TWO different bus rides, a very packed train and multiple long escalator rides to get to next flight.  Running, being business - so first off flight, it took our whole 1 hr 40 minute layover and barely made it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tsunami74 said:

We agree that 1.5 hrs. is not enough layover at Heathrow.  We have recently twice traveled through it, and most of the people with us said they would do anything to not go through London again. 

Tsunami and mrstanley you will be pleased to hear that Regent have sorted it so we are now flying to Heathrow the day before, hanging onto our bags, staying in an airport hotel  then checking in on the following day to fly direct to Miami. We have a similar short layover on the way back, however arrive and leave from Terminal 5 so no racing between terminals and BA have lots of flights to Manchester so if we miss the shuttle up, another will be along very soon (I hope) 😉

I don't think there are many airports that are covering themselves in glory at the moment but Heathrow is particularly bad!

16 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

We are on a December 3 cruise Miami to Miami and would like to know what hotel they will be putting us in when we fly in a day prior. I can't find it on our paperwork but maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

Our travel agent told us but if you login to your Regent account, if you have added your cruise to it then  go to show my itinerary and calendar view (our hotel is there on our account)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Techno123 said:

Our travel agent told us but if you login to your Regent account, if you have added your cruise to it then  go to show my itinerary and calendar view (our hotel is there on our account)

Thank you for the tip. I am on Dec. 13 Miami RT and see the Mandarin when I open my itinerary.

• Like 1