Regent's hotel in Miami?

Borna

15 hours ago, edgee said:

Thank you for the tip. I am on Dec. 13 Miami RT and see the Mandarin when I open my itinerary.

Which ship are you on? We are on the Navigator leaving on the 12th - Caribbean has never really interested me as a holiday destination but we have booked the more active excursions and if it's not for me, well we still have a lot of the world left to explore 😁

16 hours ago, snorkle lover said:

Techno123 yes that worked, thank you.

We are booked on a British Isles cruise in next year. Can't wait to see the lovely islands.

I must admit our little island has areas of stunning beauty and we have been trying to visit as many areas as possible. Only problem is, you have to pack for 4 seasons if you travel in spring, summer or autumn (fall) - this morning it was beautiful sunshine, followed by a torrential downpour and now it is cool and cloudy 😂😂. You can pretty much rely that winter will be cold, wet and miserable 😜

Quick question from a Regent newbie: we are taking our first Regent cruise next April (2023), Caribbean, out of Miami, Navigator.  When can we expect our hotel designation to appear?  I wouldn’t imagine it would be this far out, but being new I don’t know when we should expect to know.

6 hours ago, Brownie54 said:

If you have already set up your My Account on the Regent website, then there’s not much more you can do but continue to check or ask your TA.

My account is set up, but by your answer does that mean the hotel should be assigned by now?  I assumed it isn’t assigned this far out (9.5 months away) and was just asking how far out it is usually assigned. If, however, it is usually assigned immediately upon booking, then yes I will check on it with my TA.

Did you look at the calendar version of your trip in My Account? That is where it will show up.

I can’t remember when they let you know about your hotel, but I do know we have known our hotels for awhile for both a October 1 and a January 7 cruise.

23 hours ago, Brownie54 said:

Did you look at the calendar version of your trip in My Account? That is where it will show up.

I can’t remember when they let you know about your hotel, but I do know we have known our hotels for awhile for both a October 1 and a January 7 cruise.

Thanks. There isn’t a hotel listed in there yet - only “TBD.” I’m sure it will be updated. I will keep checking.

My fear is that there seems to be an abundance of availability left for the cruise (strange, because it’s a nice 2 weeks through the ABCs and southern part of the Eastern Caribbean) and they could possibly cancel it. Thus, the lack of hotel yet.

I’m probably worrying for nothing. Lol

We’re sailing on Splendor in January to ABC  islands.  According to our TA we got one of only two remaining Concierge cabins. I don’t think they’ll cancel a fully booked cruise.  On the roll call for this  cruise people are wait listed and hoping for a cancellation.  Since  flying to Europe to meet a cruise ship is not very appealing these days, the Caribbean is a good alternative for people who just want to get back to cruising.  We’re driving distance to Port of Miami so a nice luxury vacation works for us.

4 hours ago, Roccaforte said:

We’re sailing on Splendor in January to ABC  islands.  According to our TA we got one of only two remaining Concierge cabins. I don’t think they’ll cancel a fully booked cruise.  On the roll call for this  cruise people are wait listed and hoping for a cancellation.  Since  flying to Europe to meet a cruise ship is not very appealing these days, the Caribbean is a good alternative for people who just want to get back to cruising.  We’re driving distance to Port of Miami so a nice luxury vacation works for us.

Our ABC/Southern Caribbean (14days) is April on Navigator, and every cabin class is still available. So maybe everyone booked for your January and no one is left for April. 😂

Edited by Arlopop

5 hours ago, Roccaforte said:

We're waitlisted on the Jan. 21st cruise.

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2022 at 7:07 AM, Arlopop said:

Thanks. There isn’t a hotel listed in there yet - only “TBD.” I’m sure it will be updated. I will keep checking.

And today the hotel assignment appeared: Intercontinental Miami.

Was hoping for Mandarin but Intercontinental is fine. 

On 8/18/2022 at 10:30 AM, cotto22 said:

We are booked on a TA leaving Miami in April 2023, and Regent has us in the Hotel AKA Brickell. I am totally unfamiliar with it, or any other hotel in Miami for that matter! The pictures look nice...

On our Splendor cruise in March, the included hotel was AKA Brickell. Nice clean rooms and good bar for a drink and bite that night. Breakfast was rather…..for lack of better words….bland and boring. An easy drive to the port the next morning. The hotel offers a glass of “champagne” when checking in. I would avoid it should we ever stay there again. There was lots of construction happening around the hotel in March so our taxi had a difficult time getting us to the off load area. 

• Like 1

Agree with @Gpilon except that there was no construction on our November 2021 Explorer cruise. Since we had only a half day to explore our first time in Miami, it was nice to be less than 1/2 block from the free Metromover.

Edited by Turn 8A

15 hours ago, emairs said:

We’ve been assigned the Biltmore Hotel in Miami for our April/23 TA.

Not familiar with it, but it looks nice. This will be our first Regent cruise.

how did you find out about that, it seems far in advance for Regent to assign

On 8/18/2022 at 5:40 PM, CruiserFromMaine said:

We’re on the Splendor out of Miami on 1/21. Our hotel is TBD. We had the Mandarin in January  but postponed that cruise due to the Omicron surge. Hoping for the Mandarin again. 

Same here. Also hoping for the Mandarin. It’s interesting that later cruises know there hotel assignment. 

Emairs, looking at the calendar, it looks like we are on the same cruise as you, but they have us in the Hotel AKA Brickell. Do you know anything about either hotel?

Edited by cotto22
missing word

16 hours ago, cotto22 said:

Emairs, looking at the calendar, it looks like we are on the same cruise as you, but they have us in the Hotel AKA Brickell. Do you know anything about either hotel?

No, I know nothing about either hotel. Hopefully they are both very nice!

• Like 1

I just went on Regent this morning and see that Regent has booked us at the Intercontinental-Miami. It's a nice hotel, have been there a few times, but was really hoping for the Mandarin. Oh well, not complaining though, and will have a great time.