Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I would be very disappointed if I spent a lot of money on a DDP only to find that most of the liquors I like and are used to getting are not there.

At least they have Kraken! If you ever get a chance to run into a bar manager or the food and bev mgr. I would for you to ask them about the liquor shortages. I suspect that it is supply chain issues but I'm more interested in when they think they will get fully stocked. When we were on Explorer this past November and they had no problems with liquor but then again that was shortly after the restart of cruising.

Grab that last shot of Makers at Lime and Coconut !!!

I'm beginning to doubt the "supply chain" rationale. I can get Maker's and Bulleit by the case at my local Costco -- for $52.99 per 1.75L.

mac_tlc

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, als1428 said:

Looks like Freedom of the Seas may also be at Coco Cay.

922C0038-08A6-4CF5-A3B3-953CCB1EB7C9.png

The more the merrier I guess… I guess the shore excursion presentation got the wrong information.. it’s playing on a loop on the tv too 😂 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I'm beginning to doubt the "supply chain" rationale. I can get Maker's and Bulleit by the case at my local Costco -- for $52.99 per 1.75L.

mac_tlc

I think we should tell them to start shopping at Costco for supplies 😂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

The more the merrier I guess… I guess the shore excursion presentation got the wrong information.. it’s playing on a loop on the tv too 😂 

We had Independence there with us in May -- I was concerned, but plenty of real estate for all, except maybe at the pool bar, but that was manageable. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We had Independence there with us in May -- I was concerned, but plenty of real estate for all, except maybe at the pool bar, but that was manageable. 

mac_tlc

I am not that worried… you can’t change it so my philosophy is to go with the flow and enjoy every second of it… I will be chilling at South Beach eating my fried chicken filets and watching the seagulls trying to steal food !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tennislvr8 said:

Benny, how was the parking situation, were you able to park in the garage?  There have been varying reports that the garage is full, it’s only for handicapped parking etc. ? TIA

I Uber but there are plenty of parking… once the garage is full which does not take long they start redirecting you to the surface lots… I always suggest that if you have a long cruise 10 nights or longer … park at Newark airports hotel, like double tree where it’s about $12.95 a day and Uber over.  It’s a little bit of work and not convenient but if you like the savings then it’s for you.  I am considering moving to the new complex right outside the port 😆 but the property tax in Bayonne NJ is a killer!

Day 3

Orlando Day

I thought about taking the public bus (about $2.00) by the terminal for a ride to Ron Jon’s but I am not that ambitious 😆 I thought about using the Royal Transfer but why bother… I am just going to stay onboard and see how quiet it will get 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The #9 bus, Cape.Canaveral/Cocoa Beach line on 321transit.com wasn’t bad for $1.50.

There are 3 stops right by the pier on George King Blvd. which will bring you to Ron Jon or even further south to Cocoa Beach proper. Not knowing what what be open on a Sunday?

Beats the $19 RC charges for the trip, and the schedules pretty reliable on 321transit.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

That's what I'm beginning to think. I do a lot of bourbon hunting around my city. I never see a shortage of anything liquor wise.

Here is my speculation and it's just that, a guess. I think Royal did not order any liquor during the pandemic or even stock up. Then when the cruise startup happened they did not have enough inventory for all the ships. They might have tried to order more but the distributors did not have enough of a overstock to accommodate them. Just a theory as I do not see any shortages of anything in my home state.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's what I'm beginning to think. I do a lot of bourbon hunting around my city. I never see a shortage of anything liquor wise.

Here is my speculation and it's just that, a guess. I think Royal did not order any liquor during the pandemic or even stock up. Then when the cruise startup happened they did not have enough inventory for all the ships. They might have tried to order more but the distributors did not have enough of a overstock to accommodate them. Just a theory as I do not see any shortages of anything in my home state.

Regardless of the reason … I think they should be more transparent and let people know that the the chances of having the liquor / wine of your choice is higher than normal and provide a realistic list of alcohol you can find onboard temporarily to set the proper expectations 

• Like 2

Day 3 Port Canaveral arrival time 1PM

Deck 5 was a zoo around noon time.  People every where… I wanted to go get juice at the Spa Cafe … the line was very long so I detoured to get  go get change at guest relations, I detoured again… the line was crazy … so I decided to find a quiet place to go eat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I Uber but there are plenty of parking… once the garage is full which does not take long they start redirecting you to the surface lots… I always suggest that if you have a long cruise 10 nights or longer … park at Newark airports hotel, like double tree where it’s about $12.95 a day and Uber over.  It’s a little bit of work and not convenient but if you like the savings then it’s for you.  I am considering moving to the new complex right outside the port 😆 but the property tax in Bayonne NJ is a killer!

Thanks. I always park in the garage. 

• Like 1

Bennie, sorry for all the questions. What cup are they giving with the drink package? The old

leaky one or the new supply cup with the chip taped to the bottom. If the chip is taped to the bottom can we bring another cup and tape the chip to that?  TIA

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I am not that worried… you can’t change it so my philosophy is to go with the flow and enjoy every second of it… I will be chilling at South Beach eating my fried chicken filets and watching the seagulls trying to steal food !

Have a funnel cake for me!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

It may not be legal for a reseller (restaurant, bar, resort, cruise ship, etc.) to buy alcohol from Costco - they may be required to buy from the state or a state-licensed wholesaler.   There is a supply-chain issue with liquor because there is a shortage of glass bottles.  A large amount of glass comes from China.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

Bennie, sorry for all the questions. What cup are they giving with the drink package? The old

leaky one or the new supply cup with the chip taped to the bottom. If the chip is taped to the bottom can we bring another cup and tape the chip to that?  TIA

I did not buy the soda package so I don’t know about the chip but the cup they are handing out is the new cup at least new to me since May.

17 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 2 Solarium Dinner

Remember that the menu does not change here!

064DE6C9-8EE7-4FD3-8B78-AACAB1ACE52E.jpeg

Benny, you're the absolute best for posting all these pictures and menu.  Or, as we would say in my culture, what a mensch!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Max and Ruby said:

Maybe I need tutoring on the app, but I hope Compass never goes away , especially because all of these important notices don’t seem to be on app! Like the notice that you need to bring your vaccination card ashore to Port Canaveral today. Or the “ scan the QR code to fill out departure information “. 

Interestingly the only notice I saw in app and Compass is that nightly the crew will be sanitizing and fogging the hallways from 3:30-5:00 am. So they ask that you stay in rooms. 

Ok I found the “info area” on the app. It does give some same days info. 

B415442D-9470-481B-A013-F38003EFDFF3.jpeg

• Thanks 1