Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

5 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 3

Deck 16 View 

43AD9EE5-3A74-4A64-BE83-8C7CD7DAB702.jpeg

I love this concept of renting upgraded outdoor deck space on cruise ships and have and would absolutely pay to do it but RC really needs to put more thought into it. Who wants to rent a space to stare at random people looking right back at you. These Casitas should all be in one area and looking out over the sea. Hopefully they get enough feedback and few takers so they rethink this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jerseygirl1416 said:
10 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 3

Deck 16 View 

43AD9EE5-3A74-4A64-BE83-8C7CD7DAB702.jpeg

I love this concept of renting upgraded outdoor deck space on cruise ships and have and would absolutely pay to do it but RC really needs to put more thought into it. Who wants to rent a space to stare at random people looking right back at you. These Casitas should all be in one area and looking out over the sea. Hopefully they get enough feedback and few takers so they rethink this. 

OMG you should see this on Sea Day when it’s packed… I thought to myself why would I pay money when there are people surrounding me in lounge chairs and constantly walking pass me for the entire day?  There are dirty dishes piled around it, empty cups, granted eventually it is cleaned up but still..

Just now, BennyBrun said:

OMG you should see this on Sea Day when it’s packed… I thought to myself why would I pay money when there are people surrounding me in lounge chairs and constantly walking pass me for the entire day?  There are dirty dishes piled around it, empty cups, granted eventually it is cleaned up but still..

It’s really too bad they haven’t thought this out better. Probably would be a great income stream.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rudeney said:

It may not be legal for a reseller (restaurant, bar, resort, cruise ship, etc.) to buy alcohol from Costco - they may be required to buy from the state or a state-licensed wholesaler.   There is a supply-chain issue with liquor because there is a shortage of glass bottles.  A large amount of glass comes from China.

Probably not. My thought was that if Costco can have cases and cases, and they have over 500 US stores, why can't Royal Caribbean group, with under 40 "locations" have any, or hardly any?  

I just don't think they are trying to get back to pre-pandemic levels when they sell a lot of beverage packages at full price with much less than a full liquor selection.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Probably not. My thought was that if Costco can have cases and cases, and they have over 500 US stores, why can't Royal Caribbean group, with under 40 "locations" have any, or hardly any?  

I just don't think they are trying to get back to pre-pandemic levels when they sell a lot of beverage packages at full price with much less than a full liquor selection.

mac_tlc

I think you may be right. Minimize expenses maximize profits. Get by with with the minimum before they have to spend more to stock up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Costco is unique in how it obtains its liquor.  In most states, liquor has to at least go through the "alcohol beverage control" board to be approved and taxed.  Where I live (Alabama), our ABC board actually requires ALL liquor to be purchased from them.  All restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. must buy from ABC just like us consumers.  They pay the same prices - with the same case discounts we get.  Costco is unique, though.  It's nationwide network of stores all purchase from the same suppliers and they negotiate their own discounts.  In Alabama, they are required to sell that liquor back to ABCX, and then re-purchase it from ABC at retail prices.  But Costco's retail liquor prices are always a few pennies less than our ABC stores.  They do this by getting rebates from the distributors and wholesalers.  

I guess if RCCL were willing to make deals like this in all the states where they sail from and purchase liquor, they could get the same pricing and maybe even the same steady supply.  My guess is they probably go through more liquor sales than Costco.  But it would likely take a full time department to manage it, and that would be an additional cost, which might offset much of the savings.  So all they'd get from it is a better supply.  But I don' think they need a better supply.  They are probably making plenty of money selling DBP's and individual drinks since customers keep paying, so they have no incentive to change anything.  I've said this before:  If I pay RCCL for something and I don't get an appropriate value, I will ask for a refund.  If I buy the DBP and I find they are missing the top 3 or 4 brands of Scotch that I drink, I'll be asking for a refund.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 1:57 PM, BennyBrun said:

Day 2

I spent the morning at the Spa and by the time I was ready for lunch I thought Windjammer would be quick and easy… WRONG… it was a mess… I quickly changed course and went down to MDR for lunch ….civilized … no line … quick efficient prompt service… once again the soup was amazing … it also gave me the opportunity to chat with some of the crew that now see me as a regular on the Oasis 😂 

A7DE725F-4F75-4F39-9992-15583E172761.jpeg

B19974A3-A3B1-4D06-891B-641044795B01.jpeg

B03D7F53-0C82-41E7-8ADF-303831441C0E.jpeg

156153AE-2F7D-4251-8D84-B8D8FC248DDD.jpeg

19C738C5-D9CE-4F9D-A79E-A95998445C1D.jpeg

1FC50E42-7D46-4F08-BA96-CB58FC7CE2A8.jpeg

While you're on there, can you tell me if MDR is no longer showing the gluten free options on the menu? It's very important for my daughter NOT to have to ask the waiter what she will be able to eat anytime we go in there. Last time we cruises, it still had the symbol for gluten free on anything that was naturally gluten free, as well as the headwaiter being able to tell her if something could be prepared gluten free for her.

Thanks!

On 6/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

I am happy to see that they change out the “intermission” show.  The SandArt lady is not there any more … this lady was AMAZING!

8F7BBBC6-447E-425B-9284-77AB62623C60.jpeg

C58EAFA3-BD0C-4661-BE0D-EDBDA03DA96C.jpeg

56C73440-FA4F-42E3-89E9-E766C8FAFF2A.jpeg

688A2567-7C3A-4171-B982-E73A0A6D720C.jpeg

C3109DCE-A2DA-4681-929E-5F7E58CAD7C6.jpeg

5C130ED9-7511-4427-80C3-B5D1FC9FDBDA.jpeg

She was on our Allure cruise this past April.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 3

Windjammer Dinner 

Crustless peanut butter jelly sandwich … it just melts my heart to see that!  I could use a little more peanut butter and jelly though 😂 

8777719D-3E5C-4A39-B231-944B9CF9B140.jpeg

Also do away with the middle slice of bread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

Costco is unique in how it obtains its liquor.  In most states, liquor has to at least go through the "alcohol beverage control" board to be approved and taxed.  Where I live (Alabama), our ABC board actually requires ALL liquor to be purchased from them.  All restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. must buy from ABC just like us consumers.  They pay the same prices - with the same case discounts we get.  Costco is unique, though.  It's nationwide network of stores all purchase from the same suppliers and they negotiate their own discounts.  In Alabama, they are required to sell that liquor back to ABCX, and then re-purchase it from ABC at retail prices.  But Costco's retail liquor prices are always a few pennies less than our ABC stores.  They do this by getting rebates from the distributors and wholesalers.  

I guess if RCCL were willing to make deals like this in all the states where they sail from and purchase liquor, they could get the same pricing and maybe even the same steady supply.  My guess is they probably go through more liquor sales than Costco.  But it would likely take a full time department to manage it, and that would be an additional cost, which might offset much of the savings.  So all they'd get from it is a better supply.  But I don' think they need a better supply.  They are probably making plenty of money selling DBP's and individual drinks since customers keep paying, so they have no incentive to change anything.  I've said this before:  If I pay RCCL for something and I don't get an appropriate value, I will ask for a refund.  If I buy the DBP and I find they are missing the top 3 or 4 brands of Scotch that I drink, I'll be asking for a refund.  

There used to a sheet that says what you can expect and I agree with you .. if most of what you want is not there you should ask for a refund!  It’s a lot of money to spend if you can’t get what you want!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaryCS62 said:

While you're on there, can you tell me if MDR is no longer showing the gluten free options on the menu? It's very important for my daughter NOT to have to ask the waiter what she will be able to eat anytime we go in there. Last time we cruises, it still had the symbol for gluten free on anything that was naturally gluten free, as well as the headwaiter being able to tell her if something could be prepared gluten free for her.

Thanks!

For any type of allergy they waiter will call the head waiter over for a discussion.  It is not indicated on the menu.  I overheard a discussion today and it made me cringe because some of the information provided was not correct.

ECF96D70-EC4A-47B0-A467-116C68D37E77.jpeg

24 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Also do away with the middle slice of bread. 

I don’t know… if they put more jelly and peanut butter I wouldn’t mind the middle slice… it makes the peanut butter less sticky but that’s my personal preference!

Day 3

So I managed without out Having to buy Wi-Fi but tomorrow I will have to… I turned my phone off around 6 PM on day 1 and I used my Diamond free day on Day 2 and Day 3 I am on AT&T … I will update on the Wi-Fi package price tomorrow.  Unless you need Wi-Fi every hour of the day … this is very doable for me and will be my model going forward on the Oasis.

11 hours ago, als1428 said:

The #9 bus, Cape.Canaveral/Cocoa Beach line on 321transit.com wasn’t bad for $1.50.

There are 3 stops right by the pier on George King Blvd. which will bring you to Ron Jon or even further south to Cocoa Beach proper. Not knowing what what be open on a Sunday?

Beats the $19 RC charges for the trip, and the schedules pretty reliable on 321transit.com

Everything is open here on Sundays.

• Like 1