Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

Thanks for doing this report, Benny! I’ve been following along, but by the time I finally catch up I tend to have forgotten everything I wanted to say. 

I do know that I wish they would add 😱 to the “like” button! I can’t tell you how many times while I’ve been reading your review that I’ve wanted to use it! 😱😱😱😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Benny,

Question from a Brit, do you know if anyone took an excursion to Disney from the ship and all was good? We are looking at doing so with our Granddaughter but being Brits are struggling getting a day pass over here as only 7 and 14 day ones are available. Our friends from over the pond are looking at getting 1 day passes for us so are just hoping the excursion there and back was ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roybthered said:

Benny,

Question from a Brit, do you know if anyone took an excursion to Disney from the ship and all was good? We are looking at doing so with our Granddaughter but being Brits are struggling getting a day pass over here as only 7 and 14 day ones are available. Our friends from over the pond are looking at getting 1 day passes for us so are just hoping the excursion there and back was ok.

I think it is a lot of travel time and a lot of money for a very short time in the park.   If you get the one day past you also need to make a reservation for the park you want to go to.  You will want to pay extra to get the genie plus passes for a major ride or two.   With 4 hours in the park you will only be able to maybe do 2 passes and a handful of minor rides.   Since you are coming from the UK, maybe this is your only chance to see Disney, but if you go just keep your expectations low.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 3:21 PM, Bound4Bermuda said:

I actually bought artwork on my last cruise—a pair of watercolor portraits. No one else bid, so I got it for the opening bid of $89, I think it was. 

I always wondered about the logistics of buying art.  Do you need to bring it home with you or will they ship it?  Does it include the frame or do they give you the print in a rolled canister?  

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I always wondered about the logistics of buying art.  Do you need to bring it home with you or will they ship it?  Does it include the frame or do they give you the print in a rolled canister?  

They shipped it rolled up, no frame.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

They shipped it rolled up, no frame.

They will offer to have it framed, and the prices are higher than what you can get at your local hobby store.  I think they charge around $35 to ship it in a tube (one shipping charge for all that you have "won").  We have a few tubes of "free art" collected at the auctions.  I did buy one small item at auction.  It was a 5x7  hand-drawn Mickey Mouse sketch signed by a somewhat known Disney animator.  It was mounted and matted, but no frame.  They handed it to me the last day as it was small enough to carry. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for doing this report, Benny! I’ve been following along, but by the time I finally catch up I tend to have forgotten everything I wanted to say. 

I do know that I wish they would add 😱 to the “like” button! I can’t tell you how many times while I’ve been reading your review that I’ve wanted to use it! 😱😱😱😂

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roybthered said:

Benny,

Are you buying this pass directly from Disney?  For me I have to go to Disney’s website and select a park and select a day to purchase the ticket because that is the only way you can get in right now.  You can buy one day on their website.  You need a park reservation otherwise you can’t just show up and expect to get in.  Of course that might change soon but that is what I have to do now.  If you buy the transfer from the ship as long as you make it back to the excursion bus on time you will be fine getting back.  The ship will wait for you if you go with them.  If you do something on your own you are responsible for yourself!  Even the excursion team was telling people to make sure you buy the pass first before booking a seat.

3 hours ago, Max and Ruby said:

I woke up early (6) to find us docked at Port Everglades! Left around 6:30/6:40 am. Wonder why? Medical emergency? Planned? Needed more alcohol?

7864172E-3A52-488D-98DA-6EDC5ECC8C6A.jpeg

OMG … really?  I am just doing my thing totally unaware … WOW!

3 hours ago, Max and Ruby said:

I woke up early (6) to find us docked at Port Everglades! Left around 6:30/6:40 am. Wonder why? Medical emergency? Planned? Needed more alcohol?

7864172E-3A52-488D-98DA-6EDC5ECC8C6A.jpeg

It was for a medical emergency!

Day 3

I tried to go standby for Aqua 80 last night but there seemed to be an issue and they stopped letting people in even people with reservations so I have up and went standby for the comedy show… 

F6F5F06F-88DE-4A6D-852C-1212CCA558BE.jpeg

6C16666C-9C86-4C02-AC15-89B9576F2F39.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 3

I waited a bit but I was able to get I for the comedy show… Wow the show was amazing!  Mike Pace was hysterical… don’t sit too close to him because he picked on quite a few people … wow…but it was funny!

CF237C7F-A5AB-44A9-9DD8-38CCF0AFE18E.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 4

They just made an announcement about our detour… medical emergency and the ship will arrive in Nassau around 3:45 PM and will now depart later 8:45 PM.  All shore excursions purchased through RCL will be cancelled and refunded.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

They just made an announcement about our detour… medical emergency and the ship will arrive in Nassau around 3:45 PM and will now depart later 8:45 PM.  All shore excursions purchased through RCL will be cancelled and refunded.

Terrible for the medical emergency person, but he should be ok the captain said.
I bet a bunch of people who had shore excursions today  are angry. 

4 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

Terrible for the medical emergency person, but he should be ok the captain said.
I bet a bunch of people who had shore excursions today  are angry. 

Of course there will be people like that and will line up at guest services… the comedian made fun of those people that always find something to complain about last night … the joke is too “adult” for me to post on here … but we cracked up 😆 

• Like 3

My two cents in the liquor shortage...it's not some conspiracy.  I really do think it's just supply issues.  Royal has plenty of other liquors on board, including many that are about the same retail price as what they are missing.  Assuming that most people with the drink package will find something else to drink, Royal isn't really saving any money by having something be out of stock.  All that does is upset customers who may chose a different line next time.  On every cruise, Royal goes through a boat load (😉) of liquor, and they do that every week.  It's a very different restocking scenario than the local liquor store.  They probably also have a contract with a single supplier for best pricing and if that supplier has problems, then Royal has problems. 

I believe there is still a shortage of truck drivers across the country.  I still see strange things being sold out where I live for weeks/months at a time.  Lately, in my Publix, it's the 46 oz can of Dole Pineapple juice.  That spot always seems to be empty.  But I can find it at Harris Teeter. 🤔 I think it will take another few months before companies can no longer legitimately use the supply chain as an excuse, although I'm sure that some will.

No matter the reason, it's definitely very disappointing, and can feel very misleading, when you can't get your preferred booze onboard.  I would certainly not be happy about not being able to get my favorite bourbon drink.

• Like 7

I’m sailing on Oasis in a few weeks. Your posts are getting me super excited, so thank you!

I’d love your opinion regarding specialty dining.

We are currently booked for 150 Central Park. We also have a reservation for Solarium Bistro.

We were planning to do the MDR the other nights, but am I missing out by not doing Izumi or Chops or something else for dinner?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Roybthered said:

Benny,

With Disney, I would suggest Magic Kingdom as the park to go to.  More rides and it's the biggest of the parks, so more bang for your buck.  You will need to reserve a park when you purchase tickets as well.  With the later arrival into Port Canaveral, (Our sailing arrives at 1pm)  by the time you get off, get an uber (Or any transportation) it's another hour ride to the parks.  So, you will need to figure getting in the park about 3-4pm.  So, you may only get about 3 hours and I know Disney super expensive at the moment.  Also, if you are still looking into it, check the park hours, there are times they shut down Magic Kingdom early for paid parties.  (Hit Disboards.com for more Disney info).  Best of luck!

• Like 2

I am really enjoying your review. Thanks for taking so much time out of your trip so that the rest of us can enjoy it vicariously. 

You haven’t mentioned it much this time, but the last Oasis review it seemed like you had sushi all the time.  My wife would eat sushi everyday if she could but the rest of the family not so much.  I am wondering if it’s possible to get sushi from Izumi and bring it elsewhere.  That way she could get her sushi fix and we could have more variety. If so, would you need a reservation? I’m trying to map out my reservations now so I’m ready to book them when I board.  

• Like 1

Benny, I'm wondering if you (or anyone else who is on board with you and/or following the thread) know if the current 5 pm closing time at Kennedy Space Center is the normal (i.e. pre-Covid) closing time or if it would usually be open later than that? We'd like to go but with a 1 pm arrival time into PC it doesn't seem like we'd get long enough there for it to be worthwhile. :classic_sad:

• Like 2