Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

1 hour ago, PGHProducer said:

I’m sailing on Oasis in a few weeks. Your posts are getting me super excited, so thank you!

I’d love your opinion regarding specialty dining.

We are currently booked for 150 Central Park. We also have a reservation for Solarium Bistro.

We were planning to do the MDR the other nights, but am I missing out by not doing Izumi or Chops or something else for dinner?

Yay!!!  Have a fantastic cruise!

I have done UDP on Oasis and personally it is not my favorite ship for specialty dinning because the flavor / taste is not there and is similar to MDR expert Izumi.  Nothing really excites me at any of the three restaurants personally.  However if you want to give it a try I think you should try it.  If you are doing 150 Park you might want consider Chops plus one because of the price difference and you get to try both.  If you only want to do one then 150 Park is the best bet!  My favorite on this ship is Izumi and the Pre Fixe is the best deal!  $34.99 and you walk out stuffed!  Save 150 for a sea day and allot plenty of time to enjoy the experience.  Schedule a show before dinner so you are not rushing to get to the show.

28 minutes ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

I am really enjoying your review. Thanks for taking so much time out of your trip so that the rest of us can enjoy it vicariously. 

You haven’t mentioned it much this time, but the last Oasis review it seemed like you had sushi all the time.  My wife would eat sushi everyday if she could but the rest of the family not so much.  I am wondering if it’s possible to get sushi from Izumi and bring it elsewhere.  That way she could get her sushi fix and we could have more variety. If so, would you need a reservation? I’m trying to map out my reservations now so I’m ready to book them when I board.  

I always visit Izumi when I have the UDP and I can’t wait to hit Izumi again on the Symphony.  Yes you can order Izumi to go and I doubt the restaurant would give you a hard time but please remember food safety… raw fish and humid warm weather does not go well together!  Plus some of the rolls are very intricate so be careful moving it around in the bag!  So order then eat it quick!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Benny, I'm wondering if you (or anyone else who is on board with you and/or following the thread) know if the current 5 pm closing time at Kennedy Space Center is the normal (i.e. pre-Covid) closing time or if it would usually be open later than that? We'd like to go but with a 1 pm arrival time into PC it doesn't seem like we'd get long enough there for it to be worthwhile. :classic_sad:

Please help !!!  I don’t know the answer to this one but I am sure the gurus that lives around the area might know !!!

• Thanks 1

Day 4

Nassau

So it looks like 3:45 arrival and 8:45 all aboard.  I believe most of the shops closes around 6 pm and then downtown is pretty deserted!  All excursions canceled today through Royal.  I would have been happy to get a refund on the port fees and taxes and skip this port because if people know Nassau, the arrival time and departure time makes no sense to get off the ship!

• Like 1

Why do they play these silly pricing games for add-ons. It's like Kohl's. Can't they just give their best price all the time to everyone.

They would sure get a ton less repricing calls to customer service. Time is money.

Edited by flyguyjake
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Why do they play these silly pricing games for add-ons. It's like Kohl's. Can't they just give their best price all the time to everyone.

They would sure get a ton less repricing calls to customer service. Time is money.

I like that .. Kohls… that store is like a game of chance 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Benny, I'm wondering if you (or anyone else who is on board with you and/or following the thread) know if the current 5 pm closing time at Kennedy Space Center is the normal (i.e. pre-Covid) closing time or if it would usually be open later than that? We'd like to go but with a 1 pm arrival time into PC it doesn't seem like we'd get long enough there for it to be worthwhile. :classic_sad:

We went yesterday. Starting a few days ago closes at 6 now. We got there at 2 and had 4 hours to tour. Bus left at 6. It’s worthwhile, but you won’t get to see nearly everything. We just did Atlantis shuttle bldg and a few others. 

we also met up with family there so we had another reason to go. 

• Thanks 2

On 6/22/2022 at 4:19 PM, BennyBrun said:

The time has come for yet another virtual cruise.  This week I will be on the Oasis of the Seas with Value Dinning in a balcony room with a Central Park balcony !!!   My home away from home!  Come along for lots of pictures, lots of food and lots of my random thoughts 💭 

805AF998-4D84-4B6A-9D64-F117531B0317.jpeg

I am enjoying the virtual cruise so far. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

Wifi package purchase … discount courtesy of PRIME must be purchased onboard.  The per day price was cheaper yesterday but not much and I had cell service… 

512EFD05-3E55-4945-B7E0-197E4B51079A.jpeg

Wow. Considering you didn't purchase til day 4, without the Prime discount not a huge savings over pre sale price. I purchased for my last cruise during a sale for $97 for the surf and stream for 1. 

19 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

While you're on there, can you tell me if MDR is no longer showing the gluten free options on the menu? It's very important for my daughter NOT to have to ask the waiter what she will be able to eat anytime we go in there. Last time we cruises, it still had the symbol for gluten free on anything that was naturally gluten free, as well as the headwaiter being able to tell her if something could be prepared gluten free for her.

Thanks!

My mother in law is gluten free and she told our MDR waiter the first night of the cruise back in 2019.  At the end of our meal the Matre D would come over with the next nights menu and she would pick what she wanted and they would make it gluten free.  She had no issues with that at all. I would recommend it. That way your daughter gets what she wants. 

3 minutes ago, TimeToGetNauti said:

Wow. Considering you didn't purchase til day 4, without the Prime discount not a huge savings over pre sale price. I purchased for my last cruise during a sale for $97 for the surf and stream for 1. 

If you realistically assess your Wi-Fi need based on this itinerary, you really could do without WiFI until tomorrow because in Nassau there are lots of spots for WI-FI!  Personal choice and preference! 

Day 4

El Loco Fresh was a zoo around 3PM… the hold  up is where people trying to pick up the taco with the tongs and then trying to fill it.  This is where staff served will move the line… instead creating a back up… I watched adults/kids struggle with picking up the taco …

A193AF6D-B293-4C69-836E-B61051CADB33.jpeg

9698C6D0-19EC-4A3A-BD2F-4D848F180EA7.jpeg

52F67AC6-6ABE-4DCA-8DCC-17607D83CD0A.jpeg

6EFC4205-A93C-486C-B438-3765330B5525.jpeg

2F039F16-315E-4B49-8BD5-318BE6471223.jpeg

C2332B8C-ACE6-44DC-B2BD-488074AFDB11.jpeg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

We went yesterday. Starting a few days ago closes at 6 now. We got there at 2 and had 4 hours to tour. Bus left at 6. It’s worthwhile, but you won’t get to see nearly everything. We just did Atlantis shuttle bldg and a few others. 

we also met up with family there so we had another reason to go. 

Thanks so much. Even if we can't see everything, an extra hour makes quite a difference. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

El Loco Fresh was a zoo around 3PM… the hold  up is where people trying to pick up the taco with the tongs and then trying to fill it.  This is where staff served will move the line… instead creating a back up… I watched adults/kids struggle with picking up the taco …

A193AF6D-B293-4C69-836E-B61051CADB33.jpeg

9698C6D0-19EC-4A3A-BD2F-4D848F180EA7.jpeg

52F67AC6-6ABE-4DCA-8DCC-17607D83CD0A.jpeg

6EFC4205-A93C-486C-B438-3765330B5525.jpeg

2F039F16-315E-4B49-8BD5-318BE6471223.jpeg

C2332B8C-ACE6-44DC-B2BD-488074AFDB11.jpeg

This was the one thing I really missed about being on Allure, no guacamole anywhere.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TimeToGetNauti said:

My mother in law is gluten free and she told our MDR waiter the first night of the cruise back in 2019.  At the end of our meal the Matre D would come over with the next nights menu and she would pick what she wanted and they would make it gluten free.  She had no issues with that at all. I would recommend it. That way your daughter gets what she wants. 

We just returned two weeks ago  and the gluten free menu was always available on the app.  If my memory is correct we could access the menus for the entire cruise

5 minutes ago, nnzz said:

We just returned two weeks ago  and the gluten free menu was always available on the app.  If my memory is correct we could access the menus for the entire cruise

I must have missed it but I went though the whole menu every night and I don’t see a gluten free menu … I see the regular, kids, the vegan and the bar menu.