Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Welcome to Royal!  Have a game plan but don’t try to fit too much in.  As soon as you can connect to the ship’s WiFi make your show reservations first.  Turn on airplane mode, connect to WiFi and if you have VPN or private surfing it might interfere you will know when it won’t let you reserve the shows you will have to disable that to reserve shows and stuff.  Windjammer will be packed so why not relax make show reservations at the promenade then your room will be ready, drop the stuff off then go to Windjammer for a meal!

Expect crowds so you are mentally prepared!

Good advice.  We did the key so we should have the crown grill lunch and also UDP so should be minimal trips to the windjammer for the week.  Need to make dinner reservations along with those show reservations as soon as we get on board.

The advice on expect crowds is spot on.  Exactly what I'm doing.  Mentally preparing.  No cruise is without its crowds and most of my experience on Princess is no exception to that, but this looks like some sort of next level.  Having said that I've also read a number of accounts that say that aside from a couple notable and obvious exceptions, that the oasis class ships distribute people pretty well with the neighborhood setup and generally don't feel all that crowded at any given point in time in most spots around the ship.  I'm setting the bar at the worst case and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Good advice.  We did the key so we should have the crown grill lunch and also UDP so should be minimal trips to the windjammer for the week.  Need to make dinner reservations along with those show reservations as soon as we get on board.

The advice on expect crowds is spot on.  Exactly what I'm doing.  Mentally preparing.  No cruise is without its crowds and most of my experience on Princess is no exception to that, but this looks like some sort of next level.  Having said that I've also read a number of accounts that say that aside from a couple notable and obvious exceptions, that the oasis class ships distribute people pretty well with the neighborhood setup and generally don't feel all that crowded at any given point in time in most spots around the ship.  I'm setting the bar at the worst case and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

The Oasis crowd is very different than the Princess crowd so expect a lot more kids and more energetic cruise experience.  Also this itinerary is not very port heavy so the crowd distribution will be more skewed than other Oasis Class ships.  Expect more crowd at the pool deck, sports deck during seas days and even on port days (except Cococay). If you are looking for quiet spot, stop by Schooner / Vintages during the day.  Windjammer / El Loco Fresh are the worst during sea days.  Use your UDP at Portside for a quieter lunch although not a fan of their BBQ, I enjoy the space!  Have lots of fun!

• Thanks 1

I see that a lot of people are commenting on the crowds.  I have never been on Royal and therefore never on an Oasis class ship.  I can tell that there are going to be crowds for my August sailing but I'm trying to understand these comments. Are the crowds worse in comparison to the sailings that had limited capacity due to Covid OR are the crowds actually that much worse than pre-covid.  I sailed on the NCL Escape in 2019 and thinking back it was fairly crowded.  However, reading the posts it seems like there are major problems onboard doing anything.  Just wondering if someone could clarify.

5 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

Aqua 80… see it… it’s worth the time !  They provided towels for those that sat upfront!  I got splashed a few times and I was sitting about 5 rows up… the water was nice and warm !  Like bath water !

Best Aqua show in the fleet (of the four we have seen). Haven’t been on Wonder and at current prices, it will be a lengthy wait.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

I see that a lot of people are commenting on the crowds.  I have never been on Royal and therefore never on an Oasis class ship.  I can tell that there are going to be crowds for my August sailing but I'm trying to understand these comments. Are the crowds worse in comparison to the sailings that had limited capacity due to Covid OR are the crowds actually that much worse than pre-covid.  I sailed on the NCL Escape in 2019 and thinking back it was fairly crowded.  However, reading the posts it seems like there are major problems onboard doing anything.  Just wondering if someone could clarify.

Pre Covid, we have sailed on Oasis ships with 6500 or so on them ….. pretty full. There are a few places where it is an “issue” —— windjammer at breakfast or any sea day, exit of shows, any Royal Promenade activity such as a sale or show, pool deck.

We sailed Allure in August 2021 with about 1500, Oasis in May with about 2000. Tremendous —— and I understand that it is not financially sustainable for the cruise line. 

We are at a cruising point in our lives where that is not our preferred cruise —— we make an exception when our kids and grandkids are with us for our August annual family cruise. 

Any way you say it, 6500-7000 is a “boat-load” of people. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Day 5

South Beach … I hit the fried chicken as soon as I got there and it’s hot fresh and juicy… I almost burnt my hand… my fault for asking ones that just came out of the fryer 😂… of course the seagulls followed ..

F7130838-415F-4CDB-8C89-EDE09E701790.jpeg

A7D651DB-9E3E-45B3-80ED-F3A8B8539034.jpeg

ED6A7D9C-0DD5-4E6D-89F4-C78C4CBFA14E.jpeg

0FBDAB9C-7A6D-40D8-99B9-7649B7D0279F.jpeg

5A040C20-82BF-4929-824F-896020F331CB.jpeg

E30355CA-AD8A-4D54-A6C5-AECA2C95970F.jpeg

8FC8E9B1-1693-40C0-BEE9-0F847F164ED1.jpeg

60237212-52AD-4BE5-807D-B233B2829A23.jpeg

4710E4AC-5D4D-42A4-9D61-DC118A8B4EF9.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Wow you are at the peak summer sailing too!  They do not serve Cacio e Pepe but you can ask them to make it but remember it will be their interpretation!  I recommend asking them make the carbonara without the carbonara sauce ( they use this weird liquid cream sauce and not an actual egg yolk) and just add olive oil and cheese and pepper and hold the pancetta if you don’t like it, I tell them to put extra because the pancetta is the best part 😆 

Ok, Thanks a lot for checking!  Wife and I chuckled when I asked.  We just spent a week in Italy where we didn’t get the chance to try any locally and now we’re asking if it’s available on a Cruise ship! 😄😄

We don’t usually cruise in the Summer due to the crowds.  But, wife was getting antsy to go and we cancelled an Oasis cruise during the height of the Pandemic.  So, when we saw this one and it being over my BDay…..(I’ll be 29 for the 34th time!).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cobra1365 said:

Ok, Thanks a lot for checking!  Wife and I chuckled when I asked.  We just spent a week in Italy where we didn’t get the chance to try any locally and now we’re asking if it’s available on a Cruise ship! 😄😄

We don’t usually cruise in the Summer due to the crowds.  But, wife was getting antsy to go and we cancelled an Oasis cruise during the height of the Pandemic.  So, when we saw this one and it being over my BDay…..(I’ll be 29 for the 34th time!).

Having been to Italy and Giovanni’s Table I can safely say that DO NOT EXPECT anything like the food in Italy!  You will probably find a dozen good places that’s better in NJ close to Bayonne.  Giovanni’s table is my least favorite and they take a lot of creative licensing with the description in the menu!!  Just want to set your expectations so the 29th birthday dinner is not ruined!

10 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Aqua 80 … I thought there used to be two rope lines?  Did they downsize

I was on board last week - saw the first showing on the second Aqua 80 night and there were two ropes, but the second guy fell off halfway through. We had an aquatheater balcony and watched the late show the following night and noticed they only put out one rope and he was missing. (It didn't seem like there was any kind of emergency response to him falling off though) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CruisIng17 said:

I was on board last week - saw the first showing on the second Aqua 80 night and there were two ropes, but the second guy fell off halfway through. We had an aquatheater balcony and watched the late show the following night and noticed they only put out one rope and he was missing. (It didn't seem like there was any kind of emergency response to him falling off though) 

Thank you so much for the input… I knew they used to have two!