Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

37 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 7

The madness at MDR … MTD 

84DE7BB6-4D07-4A44-9DDA-3FFAE33E55C8.jpeg

Oh boy. Are there lines for people with reservations? I will be on August 5th with a party of 8 and have a 7pm MTD reservation for all 9 nights. Do you think we will face long waits?

24 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Oh boy. Are there lines for people with reservations? I will be on August 5th with a party of 8 and have a 7pm MTD reservation for all 9 nights. Do you think we will face long waits?

On the Oasis?  I would expect a wait.  MTD is very chaotic on day 1, day 6 and day 7.  This is why I switched to traditional dinning when I heard 6300 people.

8 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

Well that's......scary.....  She does know how to advocate for herself, but that is a little unnerving

That is scary to hear. I have some food allergies and let’s just say that my cruise would be pretty much ruined if I were given the wrong information and ended up eating something I shouldn’t be eating! Fortunately, I have always had excellent experiences with the dining staff. 

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 7

The madness at MDR … MTD 

84DE7BB6-4D07-4A44-9DDA-3FFAE33E55C8.jpeg

We’re normally traditional late diners, but moved to MTD when cruising resumed after the shutdown. We like to go to an earlier show, then dinner. With the low capacity on the ships, there weren’t many shows scheduled in the earlier time slots. While I’m a night owl, DH definitely is not. A late dinner and even later show doesn’t work well for him. MTD was a good solution to our scheduling needs. With everything I’m hearing now,, though, I’m wondering if we should move back to traditional late dining. 🤔

3 minutes ago, perfect match said:

That is scary to hear. I have some food allergies and let’s just say that my cruise would be pretty much ruined if I were given the wrong information and ended up eating something I shouldn’t be eating! Fortunately, I have always had excellent experiences with the dining staff. 

We’re normally traditional late diners, but moved to MTD when cruising resumed after the shutdown. We like to go to an earlier show, then dinner. With the low capacity on the ships, there weren’t many shows scheduled in the earlier time slots. While I’m a night owl, DH definitely is not. A late dinner and even later show doesn’t work well for him. MTD was a good solution to our scheduling needs. With everything I’m hearing now,, though, I’m wondering if we should move back to traditional late dining. 🤔

7 PM shows then 8PM dinning worked out really well for me.  I scheduled the Aqua 80, Frozen, late night at 10:30 PM worked against the crowd.  Most shows I don’t see a lot of kids at the second late show.  Might be something worth considering.  The cruising experience during the restart I believe is over so we have to adjust back to how it was before.

Day 7

A I am chuckle with the comedians at the theater… she even made fun of the towel charges and brought one out.  I will be watching my bill for that towel charge… I checked this afternoon at the towel stand to make sure my account is zero.

DE2551BE-A9DD-4DE1-A9DE-FD7D514CA222.jpeg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

The cruising experience during the restart I believe is over so we have to adjust back to how it was before.

I think you’re right about that for sure. 

I’m going to leave us in MTD for now. I can always adjust our dining times later if I want based on what the show schedule looks like once we’re on board. We tried MTD a few times before the pandemic and weren’t happy with the waits to get in so we switched to traditional late with no problem at all. Either way, we’ll be on a cruise ship 🛳 and as you’ve clearly shown us, we’ll have no problem finding something good to eat somewhere! 😋🤣

• Like 1

Thanks for your great review with pictures. I’ll have to look at them at home this WiFi was so frustrating. We did try your WiFi trick which helped, but just not as fast as I am used to on a ship. 

I did not find Waldo! And I tried! Oh well another time. Enjoy your Greece cruise . I will be watching that one for sure! 

One more note. Comparing balcony cabins Harmony and Oasis. Harmony wins hands down. Even though you get less cubbies in the bathroom and cabin I feel the closet is organized so much better and Harmony cabin just feels bigger. Even shower feels a bit larger. I also appreciated the balcony seating in harmony. The recliners and footrests.

still a great time!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We're on Harmony in Nov and Oasis in March.

Thank you for all the details. I've taken so many notes for the ships and ports! Looking forward to walking in your footsteps.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max and Ruby said:

Thanks for your great review with pictures. I’ll have to look at them at home this WiFi was so frustrating. We did try your WiFi trick which helped, but just not as fast as I am used to on a ship. 

I did not find Waldo! And I tried! Oh well another time. Enjoy your Greece cruise . I will be watching that one for sure! 

One more note. Comparing balcony cabins Harmony and Oasis. Harmony wins hands down. Even though you get less cubbies in the bathroom and cabin I feel the closet is organized so much better and Harmony cabin just feels bigger. Even shower feels a bit larger. I also appreciated the balcony seating in harmony. The recliners and footrests.

still a great time!

There will be another time to find Waldo 😂 Waldo blends in with the crowd!

There were just way too many people on Wi-Fi … this morning I used it and it was really fast at the same spot in my room … 

• Like 1

Many thanks for all your time and effort to post throughout the cruise.  Very enjoyable to follow.  I'll be hopping on board two weeks from today and as a result of this thread I feel better prepared and looking forward to it even more.

Hope you had a great cruise and also that you've got another on the horizon not too far out!  Seems like the first thing I do when I get back from a cruise is immediately book another.  I've put down deposits during flights home.  I suppose there are worse addictions to have LOL

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Many thanks for all your time and effort to post throughout the cruise.  Very enjoyable to follow.  I'll be hopping on board two weeks from today and as a result of this thread I feel better prepared and looking forward to it even more.

Hope you had a great cruise and also that you've got another on the horizon not too far out!  Seems like the first thing I do when I get back from a cruise is immediately book another.  I've put down deposits during flights home.  I suppose there are worse addictions to have LOL

Thank you so much and have a great cruise!!  If you are booking cruises with Royal Caribbean you might want to consider booking it on the ship before your flights because you get OBC plus you can pick your staterooms if you know where you are going, otherwise you can do a book later option where you put down a deposit and decide later but then if you pick your state room I think they will charge a little bit more.  Small OBC but better than nothing!

Day 8

Waldo made it home before 8AM.  I did not go for breakfast and joining the the madnesses at Windjammer, I only had to skip one elevator because it was full and I made it out.  There were 6 black vans waiting and more were coming to the pier to “pick up” plus a mother was waiting to pick up her daughter that was in quarantine.  There was also an ambulance waiting to load a patient in.

I will do a wrap up later on once I go through my junk mail and all but it was a great relaxing cruise!

64285AB7-FC1D-46D2-8310-E0D11BC56EE0.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks for another fun review, Benny. I'll be ready for our dueling reviews in September!!!

BTW, I was on the Waldo watch in May and was also unsuccessful -- and I was in one of his pictures !!!!!

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Thanks again for sharing Benny. 😊 

So is the next one Greece? 🇬🇷

Or is there anything else lined up before that?

Thank you for coming along… yeap Greece will be the next one … I will not fill another one before that because it will be Summer peak here so I will wait for another 26 days before I start my journey over to Greece!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Great job Benny. I enjoyed your adventure. I hope to meet you this September on Symphony. I'll be in my Sea Dog attire. btw, I'm confused who is Waldo? You?

Thank so much … I hope that you will have a fantastic cruise and that the liquor selection will be better come September… yeap I am also known as Waldo since I blend in with the crowd 😆 

• Like 2