Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I think that's really smart reasoning and something I have mentally filed away for the future. We are currently aiming for D+ on Royal, which their double points promo has put realistically within our reach in the fairly near term and then (since pinnacle is a pipe dream unless our numbers come up in the lottery) I think we may start branching out to other lines that will let us visit some more interesting ports. Love Royal's big ships but there are only so many ports they can get into and it eventually starts to get old.

Great mind thinks alike.   Big Oasis ships can only go so many places and I have a fear of being on old old ships like Grandeur of the Seas 😮 … so I branch out to other cruise lines… as much as I like NCL’s excursion credits to visit small ports I am not a fan of their marketing techniques and the nickeling and dimming you onboard and a sales presentation at every turn so after my I use my last cruise next it will be time to sail away from NCL which is sad because I will be Platinum by that time.

Diamond plus is what I am aiming for and should be there during my B3B on the Oasis of the Seas this October… after that I will probably sail more with Celebrity / Carnaval yes I said Carnaval on their Excel Class ships and Disney to keep it fresh 😆 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 5:50 PM, BennyBrun said:

Remember early bird finds Waldo as Waldo does not like late lunch crowds 😆 and likes the chicken tender hot and fresh as they come out of the fryer

Do you know which specialty restaurants are open for lunch, if any, after we board the ship?  I have the UDP. 

Thank you! :)

1 hour ago, loving2cruise said:

Do you know which specialty restaurants are open for lunch, if any, after we board the ship?

Check the app for the current sailing - it should list operating days/times for the various venues.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:57 PM, loving2cruise said:

Do you know which specialty restaurants are open for lunch, if any, after we board the ship?  I have the UDP. 

Thank you! 🙂

On the Oasis it’s Giovanni’s.  It’s a good place to sit, eat and make reservations!

This is a pre boarding announcement for the NCL Jade virtual cruise to Turkey / Greek Islands.  Due to the distance I have to travel I will be starting this journey much earlier than say if I was going on the Oasis of the Seas.  There will be no leaving for the port 5 minutes before my embarkation time 😆 … so come along for a week of cruising … boot camp style !

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

I am going with NCL because there is a port stop every day and they are generous with their excursion credit with the free at Seas Promotion.

I look forward to seeing your pictures!  Safe travels!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

This is a pre boarding announcement for the NCL Jade virtual cruise to Turkey / Greek Islands.  Due to the distance I have to travel I will be starting this journey much earlier than say if I was going on the Oasis of the Seas.  There will be no leaving for the port 5 minutes before my embarkation time 😆 … so come along for a week of cruising … boot camp style !

Righty-ho. I'll just get my virtual suitcase packed. 😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Max and Ruby said:

I look forward to seeing your pictures!  Safe travels!

Thanks … there will be lots since I will be spending a few days in Athens to explore.  I opted to explore via public transit from the airport to Athens using the metro and I will post some tips/ mistakes I will be making to learned!