Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

I am onboard now and was very confused 😂 I am working in the solarium and have noise cancelling headphones in. I had my head down staring at my computer and thought that it was weird that it felt like we were moving and that could not be right because sail away was hours away.  Sure enough I finally looking up eventually and I could no longer see the Manhattan skyline.  I can now though so it looks like we are back at the terminal, or almost there.

Hopefully this does not hold you guys up to much!!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

I am onboard now and was very confused 😂 I am working in the solarium and have noise cancelling headphones in. I had my head down staring at my computer and thought that it was weird that it felt like we were moving and that could not be right because sail away was hours away.  Sure enough I finally looking up eventually and I could no longer see the Manhattan skyline.  I can now though so it looks like we are back at the terminal, or almost there.

Hopefully this does not hold you guys up to much!!

It is a bit hectic at the holding cell 😂 but they are handing out water … this happened last month as well.  Surely they must have a better plan than this… you pay the high amount of port fees (Alaska is worse) to leave from Cape Liberty and the experience is never great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

It is a bit hectic at the holding cell 😂 but they are handing out water … this happened last month as well.  Surely they must have a better plan than this… you pay the high amount of port fees (Alaska is worse) to leave from Cape Liberty and the experience is never great.

I guess we got lucky when we boarded on the 5th.  We boarded at 10AM and there was no moving until sail away. I did not notice it on the 10th or 17th either. 

13 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Fun!  I will ask around about the liquor… remind me again which brand I should be checking?

While you are on the Oasis in September I will be on the Symphony… we can do an Oasis Class comparison 😂 simultaneously… well I will be a day ahead but still !

The bourbon/whiskey selections were poor. 

Never saw:

Woodford

Macallan

Rarely saw:

Makers Mark

Bulleit

Buffalo Trace

Crown Royal 

Often saw:

Jameson

Jack Daniels

Gentleman Jack

Probably others that other folks know of, but that was my “hit list”.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

As long as people keep paying their money, the port will continue to offer crappy service.  In fact, they will likely see just how crappy they can push it until people stop paying.  This is one of the key principles of microeconomics.  ☹️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

I know they have 0 Crown Royal.  We have been onboard since 6/5 and not one bar has had any!

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

The bourbon/whiskey selections were poor. 

Never saw:

Woodford

Macallan

Rarely saw:

Makers Mark

Bulleit

Buffalo Trace

Crown Royal 

Often saw:

Jameson

Jack Daniels

Gentleman Jack

Probably others that other folks know of, but that was my “hit list”.

mac_tlc

Oh no thats horrible. Here’s what I don’t understand how can there be a shortage of bourbon when it’s an American made product. I did not hear of any shut downs in the distilleries in Kentucky during COVID. Somebody please enlighten me?

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2

Day 1

So we were allowed to board around noon time… it was chaotic but surprisingly people did not complain as much as I thought they would … I made it onto the ship around 12:45pm and the first thing I did was connect to the Wi-Fi to make show reservations!!

• Like 2

Day 1 Windjammer Lunch 

They are making repeated announcements to vacate the table when you are done… it’s hard for them to keep the clean plates in stock … I will not be trying for an early MTD tonight!

0CCCFA17-3D11-453B-B7D3-33AC4E3FC0DD.jpeg

• Like 1

Day 1

I was told that this is FULL capacity… 6500 cruisers but will see what the final count will be… I quickly adjusted my dinning to traditional dinning.  I don’t want to deal with the MTD mess that it’s going to be.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

I was told that this is FULL capacity

Unless they did away with the COVID quarantine cabin set aside, pretty sure that's not possible.

Biker, who thinks RCI is inventing new FULL capacity numbers and they could be as dynamic as their cabin pricing.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2