Rollator Walker in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo.

PandJ60

Has anyone used an all terrain rollator in PV or Cabo? We’ll be on the Carnival Panorama in August and were planning on taking a taxi into downtown and walking around. We’ve done this on several prior cruises there but this is the first time I need the assistance of a Walker. I figure an all terrain model will work best but I was just curious if anyone else has done this?

I'm also trying to find out if Carnival will allow a folding walker on the tender to Cabo?

I was not going to answer this post because it is outside of my experience, but so far, there have been no replies.  So I'll jump in.

Disclaimer:  I do not use a walker, and I have not toured these ports with anyone using a walker.  

I have never noticed walkers being used in either port, but I suspect that a walker is usable in the Cabo Marina area.  That has a smooth walkway around the Marina, where you can shop in the tourist stores and eat/drink in a variety of cafes and bars. 

A major independent excursion in Cabo is a glass bottom boat to the Arch.  If you can manage the tender from the ship to the Marina, you can most likely manage to get into (and out from) a glass bottom boat.  One option that the glass bottom boats to the Arch offer is to disembark at the Medano Beach -- that you will not be able to do, because it involves scrambling off the boat into the active surf.  But if you forego getting off the boat at the beach,, and you complete the round trip to the Marina, you should be able to get off the boat there.

PV has a lot of cobblestones and high curbs which are not walk-friendly.  But the Malecon might be OK for a walker.  

I hope others will chime in!

In Puerto Vallarta the Malecon in the centre of town  is the best area for walkers. You need a cab to get there. It is flat, nicely situated along the ocean, but be aware of the special path for cycling. 

Also the Malecon in the marina area (not too far from the terminal but again better to take cab) is a nice area to walk around and have a drink or meal in one of the  restaurants. You might even spot the local crocodile swimming around there. 

• Like 1