Jump to content

22nd August Coral Princess Conflict Islands Cancelled


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

 

 

With plenty doing B2B2B, if 20 test positive on the first cruise, 30 on the second, 40 on the third - that is 90 positives over the 12 days - but the reportable number is no higher than 40. The state government protocols put the onboard management of covid into the hands of the cruise lines, and having shorter cruises may not reduce the infection risk, but is a way of managing the numbers and keeping them below their 3% target.

That's okay for now...but when the Government catches on to this "fiddling of the books"...they may put an end to B2B cruising....with further disruptions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see it as 'fiddling the books'. When the cruiselines had discussions with the state governments to set in place guidelines for the resumption of cruising, it is most likely that b2b cruising was discussed. We will never now the nitty gritty of these discussions, but as people have been able to book b2b, it must have been agreed by all parties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, vozzie said:

That's okay for now...but when the Government catches on to this "fiddling of the books"...they may put an end to B2B cruising....with further disruptions.

It has been working that way in the US and other countries for several months. They have learned there that longer cruises = greater infections, even with more stringent testing. As far as I can tell governments haven't put a cap on the length of a cruise, or the number of days a cruiser can be aboard, just a 3% cap on infections per cruise.

 

Still, requiring B2B passengers to retest before the following cruise would also work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't see it as 'fiddling the books'. When the cruiselines had discussions with the state governments to set in place guidelines for the resumption of cruising, it is most likely that b2b cruising was discussed. We will never now the nitty gritty of these discussions, but as people have been able to book b2b, it must have been agreed by all parties.

I seem to recall reading that b2b cruises weren't allowed somewhere early on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It has been working that way in the US and other countries for several months. They have learned there that longer cruises = greater infections, even with more stringent testing. As far as I can tell governments haven't put a cap on the length of a cruise, or the number of days a cruiser can be aboard, just a 3% cap on infections per cruise.

 

Still, requiring B2B passengers to retest before the following cruise would also work.

Surely the aim is to stop the spread of Covid.   3% cap on infections per cruise is just a method to try to help control number of positive cases. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vozzie said:

That's okay for now...but when the Government catches on to this "fiddling of the books"...they may put an end to B2B cruising....with further disruptions.

Spot on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Surely the aim is to stop the spread of Covid.   3% cap on infections per cruise is just a method to try to help control number of positive cases. 

The aim is to make money !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I seem to recall reading that b2b cruises weren't allowed somewhere early on.

Plenty of people on them now.  So they are not stopped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Plenty of people on them now.  So they are not stopped.

Agreed. There are plenty of people booked on b2b cruises. I have noticed that someone makes a comment, or suggestion, then it is taken by someone else as fact.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Final payment for the Sept 26th Coral cruise to Conflict Islands is next Tuesday the 28th June.

 

I can't see it going ahead, and I don't fancy the idea of multiple visits to Eden and Newcastle.

 

So I'll have to bail and get my deposit back as cruise credits. 😫

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

Princess just calls it "operational considerations" which could mean whatever you want it to mean.

Ah, the old operational reasons - I can't even count how many flights I had cancelled/delayed/combined for just this "reason" 🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. There are plenty of people booked on b2b cruises. I have noticed that someone makes a comment, or suggestion, then it is taken by someone else as fact.

Say... 10% are doing B2Bs at the moment. With these long cruises cut up into 2 or 3 B2Bs....it might then be something like 90% doing, what is in effect still a 10 or 12 day cruise....so 90% of the guests are still doing what the Government ( or cruise line) has "presumably" regulated against. On paper they have cut out long cruises...but the reason for doing so still exists: Guests staying on a ship for more than 8 days. Nothing solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cruisegroover said:

In the USA that was the case last year.

I thought it was in the USA, but I didn't want to state that unless I was sure. My memory isn't what it used to be for detail.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vozzie said:

Say... 10% are doing B2Bs at the moment. With these long cruises cut up into 2 or 3 B2Bs....it might then be something like 90% doing, what is in effect still a 10 or 12 day cruise....so 90% of the guests are still doing what the Government ( or cruise line) has "presumably" regulated against. On paper they have cut out long cruises...but the reason for doing so still exists: Guests staying on a ship for more than 8 days. Nothing solved.

Except for testing prior to each cruise may stop some

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vozzie said:

Say... 10% are doing B2Bs at the moment. With these long cruises cut up into 2 or 3 B2Bs....it might then be something like 90% doing, what is in effect still a 10 or 12 day cruise....so 90% of the guests are still doing what the Government ( or cruise line) has "presumably" regulated against. On paper they have cut out long cruises...but the reason for doing so still exists: Guests staying on a ship for more than 8 days. Nothing solved.

The bottom line is that we do not know if b2b cruising has been regulated against. At the moment, Princess and P&O are not undertaking cruises longer than seven days. This could be from the old reason 'an abundance of caution' that we used to hear in the early days of the pandemic.

 

I suggest that maybe Princess (for example) finds it easier to insist that the limited number of people doing b2b cruises have to have a negative RAT test before the second (or third) leg, rather than test all 2,000 passengers who would be on the ship on a longer cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Except for testing prior to each cruise may stop some

  But those currently doing B2B on Coral Princess have reported that they have not been asked to test at the start of each new cruise. 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Final payment for the Sept 26th Coral cruise to Conflict Islands is next Tuesday the 28th June.

 

I can't see it going ahead, and I don't fancy the idea of multiple visits to Eden and Newcastle.

 

So I'll have to bail and get my deposit back as cruise credits. 😫

Just posted in the other thread about the vacancies on the 26th Sept, our group of 6, 3 cabins, have fully paid so hope it goes ahead. I paid our insurance too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

  But those currently doing B2B on Coral Princess have reported that they have not been asked to test at the start of each new cruise. 🤷‍♂️

The current policy.
 
UPDATED: Will I be able to book multiple cruises, back-to-back?

Yes, guests can book back-to-back voyages, subject to availability.

Guests on back-to-back voyages will receive a complimentary viral COVID-19 test to be completed on their final day before the ship arrives at the terminal. If the returning voyage has visited an international port, then guests will need to disembark the ship at the end of the voyage until approval is given from the local authorities to reboard. If the returning voyage has only visited domestic ports, then guests may remain on board. Guests who are remaining in the same stateroom may leave their luggage on board in either scenario. Guests who are changing stateroom will need to pack their luggage and store with Guest Services to allow for deep cleaning of both staterooms.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated, will either need to serve their 7-day isolation period on board (if the following voyage length allows them to re-join previously planned cruises), or disembark and complete quarantine shoreside either at their own home or at designated onshore hotel quarantine. Guests, their family members, travel companions or other close contacts who are suspected of having COVID-19, are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

Please note, unvaccinated guests will need to apply for an exemption for each voyage they book back-to-back. Exemptions are available on a first-come, first-served basis for guests who can provide medical proof of a contraindication to the COVID-19 vaccine.

We will closely monitor guidance from government and health authorities and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The bottom line is that we do not know if b2b cruising has been regulated against. At the moment, Princess and P&O are not undertaking cruises longer than seven days. This could be from the old reason 'an abundance of caution' that we used to hear in the early days of the pandemic.

 

I suggest that maybe Princess (for example) finds it easier to insist that the limited number of people doing b2b cruises have to have a negative RAT test before the second (or third) leg, rather than test all 2,000 passengers who would be on the ship on a longer cruise.

Just to think.

The couple that set off on 53 B2B cruises have already gained another 3 cruises up to the end of August. There is no B2B restriction here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Just to think.

The couple that set off on 53 B2B cruises have already gained another 3 cruises up to the end of August. There is no B2B restriction here.

It's clear that B2B cruises are permitted. One of our CC members Irene and her husband are on four B2B on Coral Princess now and apparently there are several people doing consecutive cruises. We don't know whether or not RAT testing is carried out as per the announced protocol.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2022 at 12:53 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm seriously annoyed. I booked a 12 night cruise to the tropics and are going to end up with a B2B2B cruise mostly around the NSW coast. Plus three separate cruise will mean the same three MDR menus on each cruise, another one that will be the same on two of the cruises, and one that will be unique, instead of 12 different menus. Same shows as well, I suspect.

 

If we stay on the cruises we get a piddly $50pp OBC. 

 

Unfortunately the cabin type we have booked is not available on any of the other QLD cruises that would interest us.

 

So do we stay on the boring cruises or do we bail out?

It’s a tough call I guess that depends on just how much you need a holiday? We came on this b2b2b2b2b cruise for two reasons! In a suite which earned us enough credits to go to elite which is good for future rouses booked. But it’s been so long for real holidays that we didn’t really care that we weren’t going anywhere, just to be on the ocean, enjoying no meal prep, housework etc. we’re on day 9 and haven’t eaten the same meal yet apart from choosing too in bayou.

that being said, if they change our round aus in October significantly we would opt out instead of lots of shorter ones though cos it’s the circumnavigation I want 🥰

 

I’ve just taken this sunrise pic to remind you what it’s like waking up on a ship wherever you are.🥰🥰🥰

92873476-1123-43D0-A258-6298AB489632.jpeg

3E890295-D150-43DA-9CF9-2CAACAF0DDD4.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...