More Princess cancellations/reschedules imminent? Coral and Majestic

Looking at the recent tweaks to some of the upcoming cruises, I went looking on the Princess website.  I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into it, but right now, basically every Coral Princess and Majestic Princess cruise out of AU/NZ in the next few months is showing as Unavailable.  Could this be a precursor to more cancellations or possible redeployments?

Or maybe they're offline briefly for no apparent reason and I'm panicking over nothing 🙂 

We have our long awaiting Jan 2023 NZ cruise on Majestic, it would be great if we didn't have to scramble to make alternative plans......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, losfp said:

Looking at the recent tweaks to some of the upcoming cruises, I went looking on the Princess website.  I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into it, but right now, basically every Coral Princess and Majestic Princess cruise out of AU/NZ in the next few months is showing as Unavailable.  Could this be a precursor to more cancellations or possible redeployments?

Or maybe they're offline briefly for no apparent reason and I'm panicking over nothing 🙂 

We have our long awaiting Jan 2023 NZ cruise on Majestic, it would be great if we didn't have to scramble to make alternative plans......

As far as I’m aware from our PVP the cruises show unavailable because they are full! You would need to waitlist which you can do through PVP. You can’t waitlist yourself online. I think everyone is just so excited to be cruising again. Apart from mask requirements it is all very normal and we loving every minute of it.

4 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

As far as I’m aware from our PVP the cruises show unavailable because they are full

That would normally be the case, but as far as I can tell, Coral and Majestic are both showing unavailable all the way, through mid 2024. No way known they are both sold out. So my guess is that they're trying to work something out with deployments, and not selling anything on those ships until they figure it out.

• Like 2

Just now, losfp said:

That would normally be the case, but as far as I can tell, Coral and Majestic are both showing unavailable all the way, through mid 2024. No way known they are both sold out. So my guess is that they're trying to work something out with deployments, and not selling anything on those ships until they figure it out.

Ok we’ll be watching. We have October 22 and Feb 24 both round Australia on coral, and Melbourne to nz booked Feb 23 on the grand.

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Ok we’ll be watching. We have October 22 and Feb 24 both round Australia on coral, and Melbourne to nz booked Feb 23 on the grand.

You could be OK with those cruises. The one to PNG has been replaced with short domestic cruises. Maybe it is cruises to PNG and the Pacific Islands that will be scrapped, leaving domestic and (in several months' time), cruises to NZ.

• Like 1

Our Majestic to Hong Kong March 23 is replace with Royal to Yokohama in April 23.

Our 12 day on Coral to Confict Islands from Sydney August 22 has been replaced with three short cruises "Due to deployment changes and operational considerations, your 12-day cruise has been cancelled and will now be three separate voyages: a 3-day voyage departing on 22 August 2022, a 4-day voyage departing on 25 August, and a 5-day voyage departing on 29 August."

I haven't any clue yet where they're going, but I don't really care, I just want to cruise again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

Our Majestic to Hong Kong March 23 is replace with Royal to Yokohama in April 23.

Our 12 day on Coral to Confict Islands from Sydney August 22 has been replaced with three short cruises "Due to deployment changes and operational considerations, your 12-day cruise has been cancelled and will now be three separate voyages: a 3-day voyage departing on 22 August 2022, a 4-day voyage departing on 25 August, and a 5-day voyage departing on 29 August."

I haven't any clue yet where they're going, but I don't really care, I just want to cruise again.

We didn’t care if we didn’t get off these four B2B, was just so happy to be on the water

• Like 1

On youtube today it showed that on the 12th of July Princess is releasing a video for new Majestic and Coral cruises.

I clicked on the notify me button as a reminder and thought nothing else of it until reading this thread.

I did check this morning for cruises either side of our August cruise on the Coral and there was plenty of cabins available. There is no way all those cruises are now sold out.

Thanks Losfp for letting us know as I will now hold off booking my flights and hotel for our Brisbane in August after getting a little bit caught out with our shortened Explorer cruise.

1 hour ago, Belmont Babe said:

I didn't read the email carefully. Replacement cruise is April 2024. I'll have to book some more to fill the gap next year.

I think they are close to full, or close enough till they are sure of their capacity requirements going forward. Very unusual for everything to sell out in all categories in such a short time. I was initially concerned they might be breaking up the itineraries to domestic -- but Grand Princess still has their New Zealand itineraries ex-Melbourne as available from the start of November.

One other possibility is that with lack of demand for Grand Princess, that they are holding any remaining cabins on the other ships to allow room on Coral & Majestic to swap passengers on to, should they cancel Grand Princess.

Royal Princess is still somewhat in doubt for 23/24. They have already cancelled the first month of that season.

We are on an 8 night Majestic from Sydney in November. If that is altered or cancelled that does it for me spending travel money in this Country. Due to the UK opening up and just living with Covid we have just returned from a UK cruise. Sure there was Covid on board but the ship just had to deal with it, without Government interference. We will just overseas again and spend our money outside of Oz. Only in Australia.

Coral is splitting its 10 July 12 niter into two (5 and 7-niter), as well as cancelling its August 12-niter Conflict Island trip and replacing with three shorter voyages totalling 12-night

Majestic is cancelling its trip to Hong Kong, replacing with a full Circle Australia and a Transpacific in April 2023

Source: https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/au/news/AU_Coral&MajesticPrincessAustraliaDeploymentchanges.pdf

Michael

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

This muddles things even more

We have a cruise booked on Majestic for 23rd Feb 2023 along the Qld coast   The above link says the Majestic |Princess for 24 Feb 2023 is cancelled BUT it is a cruise to New Zealand???????????????????

4 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

This muddles things even more

We have a cruise booked on Majestic for 23rd Feb 2023 along the Qld coast   The above link says the Majestic |Princess for 24 Feb 2023 is cancelled BUT it is a cruise to New Zealand???????????????????

You are reading an old cancellation, for a cruise that was cancelled months ago in March.

Yes, 24th Feb 2023, 13 nights to NZ was cancelled, and replaced with 24th feb 2023, 11 nights to QLD coast. Your cruise hasn't been cancelled.

The recent changes to Majestic are listed on the top line of that link.

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

You are reading an old cancellation, for a cruise that was cancelled months ago in March.

Yes, 24th Feb 2023, 13 nights to NZ was cancelled, and replaced with 24th feb 2023, 11 nights to QLD coast. Your cruise hasn't been cancelled.

But it is for 11 nights  Will that cruise to Qld Coast still go ahead as planned?  I agree it is confusing Yvonne.

41 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

But it is for 11 nights  Will that cruise to Qld Coast still go ahead as planned?  I agree it is confusing Yvonne.

For now, yes. It is only up to August affected for longer domestic cruises. Anything is possible between then and next February, but would be months away from a decision either way. There are dozens of other cruises on the line between now and then, and it will be a month by month call by the cruise lines.

The relevant link for the recently altered cruises is this one - https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/au/news/AU_Coral&MajesticPrincessAustraliaDeploymentchanges.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

You have your finger on the pulse there Geoff. You are more reliant and informative then the people on the phones at Princess Office in Sydney.👍

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

month by month call

I suspect you're right, and that's annoying.  If your cruise gets radically altered or cancelled, it might be too late to organise an alternative cruise at the same price 😞 

• Like 1

For now, yes. It is only up to August affected for longer domestic cruises. Anything is possible between then and next February, but would be months away from a decision either way. There are dozens of other cruises on the line between now and then, and it will be a month by month call by the cruise lines.

The relevant link for the recently altered cruises is this one - https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/au/news/AU_Coral&MajesticPrincessAustraliaDeploymentchanges.pdf

It will be very interesting to see how they treat the around Aus in October, maybe it will go ahead as is, but who would know! 🫣🤷‍♀️

When I looked late yesterday every Coral cruise in our waters had no availability, something must be ‘cooking’ you would think?! Wouldn’t it be wonderful to get some sort of ‘normal’ back into cruising & our lives. 🥺

Vicki.  

• Like 2

Just now, losfp said:

I suspect you're right, and that's annoying.  If your cruise gets radically altered or cancelled, it might be too late to organise an alternative cruise at the same price 😞 

And also booked flights. 🙄🤔😬

If the cruise line knows now of their future plans re length of cruises, they should advise their passengers now, so they can rearrange their plans. Often cruises involve flight and accommodation bookings.

Just now, MMDown Under said:

If the cruise line know now of their future plans re length of cruises, they should advise their passengers now, so they can rearrange their plans. Often cruises involve flight and accommodation bookings.