More Princess cancellations/reschedules imminent? Coral and Majestic

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

If the cruise line knows now of their future plans re length of cruises, they should advise their passengers now, so they can rearrange their plans. Often cruises involve flight and accommodation bookings.

They don't know though. They continue to hope for the best, so will wait till it becomes obvious before making changes. Yes, flights are a hassle, but some fares are deferrable. You can book nearly all accommodation at present with the option to cancel with only 24hrs notice and no penalty.

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

If the cruise line knows now of their future plans re length of cruises, they should advise their passengers now, so they can rearrange their plans. Often cruises involve flight and accommodation bookings.

Yes, it’s the flights that are a pain, to either cancel, move, credit, etc etc etc! 🥺

30 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

It will be very interesting to see how they treat the around Aus in October, maybe it will go ahead as is, but who would know! 🫣🤷‍♀️

When I looked late yesterday every Coral cruise in our waters had no availability, something must be ‘cooking’ you would think?! Wouldn’t it be wonderful to get some sort of ‘normal’ back into cruising & our lives. 🥺

Vicki.  

Fingers crossed for all of these cruises. We are booked on an 11 night Qld coastal on Majestic in October, and I am less confident about it today than I was yesterday.

I think the Coral cruises on hold is to allow those on the two affected cruises to move over to other cruises if they choose to. Still, I don't expect those cruises to be the last to be changed. Apart from the longer domestic ones, I shudder for what is in store for the early overseas ones and for all the extra ships arriving over the coming months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Yes, it’s the flights that are a pain, to either cancel, move, credit, etc etc etc! 🥺

Also flights are more expensive in Australia now, if you cannot get special prices.  I recently cancelled a planned trip to Adelaide because of the high cost of air fares. Yet the GC was full of people from Adelaide recently who must have bought inexpensive tickets to escape the cold.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

It will be very interesting to see how they treat the around Aus in October, maybe it will go ahead as is, but who would know! 🫣🤷‍♀️

When I looked late yesterday every Coral cruise in our waters had no availability, something must be ‘cooking’ you would think?! Wouldn’t it be wonderful to get some sort of ‘normal’ back into cruising & our lives. 🥺

Vicki.  

It might be 8 B2B's lol.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I am guessing they won't cancel any of the longer cruises until they have arranged shorter replacement to transfer passengers to. The last thing they want is for passengers to cancel rather than swap. And it takes time and much effort to arrange alternative ports, booking piers, organizing provisioning and bunkering, port tours etc.

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

You are reading an old cancellation, for a cruise that was cancelled months ago in March.

Yes, 24th Feb 2023, 13 nights to NZ was cancelled, and replaced with 24th feb 2023, 11 nights to QLD coast. Your cruise hasn't been cancelled.

The recent changes to Majestic are listed on the top line of that link.

Yes it is just the top line for now, not sure why they have the old changes still there if they have changed them again.

36 minutes ago, arxcards said:

They don't know though. They continue to hope for the best, so will wait till it becomes obvious before making changes. Yes, flights are a hassle, but some fares are deferrable. You can book nearly all accommodation at present with the option to cancel with only 24hrs notice and no penalty.

I booked flights yesterday whilst travelling (before reading these posts) for October and November cruises. Qantas now are only refunding flights (no credits) for a 24 hour period after booking. Thankfully once we got home I cancelled our flights until I know for certain what is happening in cruise world. The accommodation can be cancelled 24 hours prior, but Sydney accommodation has almost doubled!

• Like 2

Cruiselines MUCH prefer YOU to cancel YOUR cruise - than for them to be forced to do so - so they leave it to the very last minute, preferably after YOU have paid your final payment. 

7 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Cruiselines MUCH prefer YOU to cancel YOUR cruise - than for them to be forced to do so - so they leave it to the very last minute, preferably after YOU have paid your final payment. 

That is my concern too. Took long enough for Cunard to refund and certainly don’t want that to happen again. We have B2B2B on Royal Caribbean later in the year, plus Princess cruises, so fingers crossed they all go ahead or decisions made before final payment.

14 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

I think the decision was made based on what Pacific Explorer had experienced with their recent 8 night cruise. Only they would know the numbers. That cruise ended on Wednesday, so I think any decisions have been made swiftly and not done to tie people to final payments.

If anything, that works against the cruise line, as many more passengers will jump ship to get their fare refunded vs those that will push it back to a later cruise. I have been happy to kick $1, $49, $99 deposits down the track for a couple of years, but will cancel anything that ties up my money after final payment.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

I disagree, Princess has generally been very good about announcing cancellations a couple of weeks or more before final payment. These latest cancellations weren't, of course, so obviously last minute changes dumped upon them from either our governments or some corporate wally.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I think the decision was made based on what Pacific Explorer had experienced with their recent 8 night cruise. Only they would know the numbers. That cruise ended on Wednesday, so I think any decisions have been made swiftly and not done to tie people to final payments.

If anything, that works against the cruise line, as many more passengers will jump ship to get their fare refunded vs those that will push it back to a later cruise. I have been happy to kick $1, $49, $99 deposits down the track for a couple of years, but will cancel anything that ties up my money after final payment.

Exactly. We've pretty much decided to go for a full refund for the cancelled August cruise. Unless, of course, Coral wows us so much we decide to put up with the crappy short itineraries. I can't see that happening though and we do have another Coral cruise booked in September. It will be interesting to see what happens to that itinerary, it's a 9 day one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Exactly. We've pretty much decided to go for a full refund for the cancelled August cruise. Unless, of course, Coral wows us so much we decide to put up with the crappy short itineraries. I can't see that happening though and we do have another Coral cruise booked in September. It will be interesting to see what happens to that itinerary, it's a 9 day one.

What's the deadline date for you to cancel for a refund? 

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yep, if the itinerary changes, we will likely go for the refund

As mentioned by BuzzBuzzen on post #41 Cruise Wonderland posted this information on the Princess Boards 23 June 2022 regarding the new cruises for Coral Princess and Majestic Princess regarding cruises in 2023 for Coral Princessand Majestic Princess and 2024 for Coral Princess

Cheers

CRUISING ALONG

Majestic Princess and Coral Princess 2023 and 2024.png

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Really, how many times can you see Eden & Newcastle within 4 weeks.

I agree, not the most exciting of ports, with all due respect to those from the Sapphire Coast and the Hunter. Once you have been there, you have been there and done that, lol. Far South Coast is freezing in winter, frosts the whole Monty. In recent weeks it has been zero overnight down here. Today not too bad, 7. But Eden is a cold and windy place in winter, no problem getting a sun lounge/deck chair on the ship, lol.

Edited by NSWP

25 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep, if the itinerary changes, we will likely go for the refund

We'll stay oin the September cruise even if it gets cancelled as we have two significant celebrations in that period.

• Like 1