More Princess cancellations/reschedules imminent? Coral and Majestic

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I imagine we'll have made up our mind by the time we reach Airlie Beach on Tuesday.

It is a nice ship Julie, having been on it twice in the past 5 - 10 years in Alaska and Panama Canal. Well it was when it was carrying 95% Americans and operating from USA/Canada.  Depends whether Princess is keeping up the standard for us Aussies.  I just think sometimes the cruiselines 'drop the ball' when they come from overseas to this region for a season.  Having seen both sides of the coin, so to speak.

Anyway... Bon Voyage for Sunday, Julie and Rolf and all the other CC'ers on the cruise, above all enjoy !!!

th.jpg.ef1b882e062c3e86a2c8ab225803484f.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I think the decision was made based on what Pacific Explorer had experienced with their recent 8 night cruise. Only they would know the numbers. That cruise ended on Wednesday, so I think any decisions have been made swiftly and not done to tie people to final payments.

If anything, that works against the cruise line, as many more passengers will jump ship to get their fare refunded vs those that will push it back to a later cruise. I have been happy to kick $1, $49, $99 deposits down the track for a couple of years, but will cancel anything that ties up my money after final payment.

I obviously missed the news on Explorer, was there a problem onboard the 8 day cruise...cheers...

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We'll stay oin the September cruise even if it gets cancelled as we have two significant celebrations in that period.

If the itinerary changes to miss SA, and do two or three smaller cruises, we will go for the refund

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S&D said:

I obviously missed the news on Explorer, was there a problem onboard the 8 day cruise...cheers...

Not that we know of. P&O changed a 10-day itinerary into an 8-day one. This was before the cruise so it wasn't because of something happening during the cruise. That's all we know.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Not that we know of. P&O changed a 10-day itinerary into an 8-day one. This was before the cruise so it wasn't because of something happening during the cruise. That's all we know.

Thanks for that reply Aus Traveller, cheers..,

3 minutes ago, S&D said:

Carnival should release the lurgy numbers, keeping them secret is not right, there should be transparency, pending pax have a right to know.  Hope the media get onto this.

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Carnival should release the lurgy numbers, keeping them secret is not right, there should be transparency, pending pax have a right to know.  Hope the media get onto this.

Thanks Les, havn't heard anything ..was there some covid....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, losfp said:

Looking at the recent tweaks to some of the upcoming cruises, I went looking on the Princess website.  I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into it, but right now, basically every Coral Princess and Majestic Princess cruise out of AU/NZ in the next few months is showing as Unavailable.  Could this be a precursor to more cancellations or possible redeployments?

Or maybe they're offline briefly for no apparent reason and I'm panicking over nothing 🙂 

We have our long awaiting Jan 2023 NZ cruise on Majestic, it would be great if we didn't have to scramble to make alternative plans......

Last night I looked at November's cruises, which is when we are booked on Majestic Princess, and yes many were showing at "not available" including our 8 day cruise. Today they are showing as normal and available to book, so hopefully that's a positive sign.🤞

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I disagree, unless resorts, hotels, clubs and flights are made to do the same

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Today they are showing as normal and available to book, so hopefully that's a positive sign.

Yep I think what happened was they needed to sort out and confirm the sailing that was split up, and froze existing sales until they did so.

Fingers crossed I'm just worrying over nothing, and all the later sailings will be fine.

1 hour ago, S&D said:

Thanks Les, havn't heard anything ..was there some covid....

I was on the cruise and I didn't notice or hear rumours about people testing positive for covid.

I only heard a few people coughing in the whole 8 days.

About 90% of the people wore masks around the ship and in the theatre.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

It is a nice ship Julie, having been on it twice in the past 5 - 10 years in Alaska and Panama Canal. Well it was when it was carrying 95% Americans and operating from USA/Canada.  Depends whether Princess is keeping up the standard for us Aussies.  I just think sometimes the cruiselines 'drop the ball' when they come from overseas to this region for a season.  Having seen both sides of the coin, so to speak.

Anyway... Bon Voyage for Sunday, Julie and Rolf and all the other CC'ers on the cruise, above all enjoy !!!

th.jpg.ef1b882e062c3e86a2c8ab225803484f.jpg

I'm very sure we'll like Coral but not sure we'll like it enough to waste money on a B2B2B that goes  nowhere we want to go by ship in winter.

• Like 1

The Princess Office in Sydney would be in melt down today, pax on the phones, T'A.'s on the phones.

Anybody tried to ring them today?  Holland America Office @Chatswood are bad enough on the phones, couple of weeks ago I rang for a cabin change, 3 times I rang and on hold for half hr.  So I E mailed them with the cabin no. requested and got an E Mail back a day later, all ok.

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The Princess Office in Sydney would be in melt down today, pax on the phones, T'A.'s on the phones.

Anybody tried to ring them today?  Holland America Office @Chatswood are bad enough on the phones, couple of weeks ago I rang for a cabin change, 3 times I rang and on hold for half hr.  So I E mailed them with the cabin no. requested and got an E Mail back a day later, all ok.

Well done.  I often find putting a request in writing works best.  I haven't the patience to wait forever on the phone. 

• Like 2

Just had a look at the 26 Nov Coral Princess 12 days Conflict Islands trip. All suites booked, still a few mini suites, quite a few balcony available, and still some ocean view. missed interior. Still listed as available.

14 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Just had a look at the 26 Nov Coral Princess 12 days Conflict Islands trip. All suites booked, still a few mini suites, quite a few balcony available, and still some ocean view. missed interior. Still listed as available.

I feel that the end of November is a bit late in the  year to go to New Guinea.

49 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Well done.  I often find putting a request in writing works best.  I haven't the patience to wait forever on the phone. 

Thanks and I was out at Leeton in the bush when I rang them on my pre paid mobile, so the calls to HAL were a couple of dollars each and got me nowhere, lucky I had my ipad with me so Emailed them with a result.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I disagree, Princess has generally been very good about announcing cancellations a couple of weeks or more before final payment. These latest cancellations weren't, of course, so obviously last minute changes dumped upon them from either our governments or some corporate wally.

Not from government. Likely to be coming from Carnival Australia, that they are concerned about containing infection levels below their 3% cap on longer cruises.

9 hours ago, S&D said:

There is no news Sandy. Shortening cruises or splitting them up into pieces is designed to keep it that way. Carnival Australia will know what infection numbers they had on Pacific Explorer over the 8 nights and see that a cruise of that length is a risk vs the protocols that have been set for them.

9 hours ago, NSWP said:

They are disclosing them to the state authorities, who are choosing to communicate them to the public as "code yellow" - between 0.3 and 3% of passengers and crew testing positive on the cruise.

• Like 1