Latest words re Vanuatu opening up.

Health requirements for international travel to Vanuatu will be eased from 1 July 2022.
🛂 Travel clearance will be through the Department of Immigration (the Vanuatu Electronic Traveller System will no longer be used)
🛃 A pre-travel negative COVID-19 supervised RAT or PCR result OR evidence of a previous infection within the last 2 months is required for travellers 2 years and over. Documents should be presented at check-in for the flight to Vanuatu and upon arrival.
😷 Masks should be worn on the plane and at the airport upon arrival in Vanuatu by all travellers 12 years and over.
🤧 As usual, please do not travel if sick.
🤗 There are no other specific health requirements. COVID-19 vaccination is encouraged but not required. There is no upon-arrival quarantine or testing if there are no symptoms and no contact.

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

A pre-arrival test if coming in by ship? The cruise lines have been avoiding going to ports that require pre-arrival testing.

That was why I posted this - no mention of cruiseships being allowed into Vanuatu. Pre-tests are for arriving air passengers. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 2:16 PM, bazzaw said:
Health requirements for international travel to Vanuatu will be eased from 1 July 2022.
🛂 Travel clearance will be through the Department of Immigration (the Vanuatu Electronic Traveller System will no longer be used)
🛃 A pre-travel negative COVID-19 supervised RAT or PCR result OR evidence of a previous infection within the last 2 months is required for travellers 2 years and over. Documents should be presented at check-in for the flight to Vanuatu and upon arrival.
😷 Masks should be worn on the plane and at the airport upon arrival in Vanuatu by all travellers 12 years and over.
🤧 As usual, please do not travel if sick.
🤗 There are no other specific health requirements. COVID-19 vaccination is encouraged but not required. There is no upon-arrival quarantine or testing if there are no symptoms and no contact.

Is this a question or a statement that Vanuatu is open to cruise ships?

If it’s a question,no ,not to my knowledge.
To date there is no evidence that vanuatu or noumea will be opening up for cruise ships that I can find.

Some here have said cruise ships will be welcome as of July 1 but I can’t see anything, if they can forward a link,I would like to see it.

Vaccination rates have come along pretty well,3rd boosters are low though.

image.thumb.jpeg.b499ef4aac09dd5129bfaaa89baad6b0.jpeg

It was neither a question nor a statement about cruiseships. It was a statement of the current situation regarding the opening up of Vanuatu tourism. One can only note that there is not even any mention of cruiseships. In terms of booking cruises being currently sold to include visits to Vanuatu, I am reminded of the movie lines  “Do ya' feel lucky, punk?” Clint Eastwood

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vanuatu is open to flights but it doesn’t say anything about cruise ships anymore.

There’s a couple of news articles that says it is open to cruise ships but the official government website doesn’t say yes or no.
But most important vanuatu boarder control doesn’t have a cruise ban anymore but they are working on a plan ? What ever that is ?

Noumea is still closed.

I have a cruise booked with RCL in November visiting Vanuatu and New Caledonia. RCL has shore tours for New C available, but nothing for Vanuatu yet. I’m just going to wait it out. I’m aware that Vanuatu’s international border is now open, but not sure if/when cruise ships are allowed back. Hopefully by November!

I think there was an assumption that Vanuatu had a separate cruise ban, like we did here. 

I don't think there ever was, just a total ban on visitors & tourists. That has ended. The link at the start of the thread refers to requirements for air arrivals. Likely they have developed cruise protocols too, but no point announcing them until cruise ships are due to arrive. Not sure if there is one sooner, Pacific Explorer is due to call at Mystery Island in just over a months time.

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

I think there was an assumption that Vanuatu had a separate cruise ban, like we did here. 

I don't think there ever was, just a total ban on visitors & tourists. That has ended. The link at the start of the thread refers to requirements for air arrivals. Likely they have developed cruise protocols too, but no point announcing them until cruise ships are due to arrive. Not sure if there is one sooner, Pacific Explorer is due to call at Mystery Island in just over a months time.

Your probably right, we are thinking they have a cruise ship specific ban but it’s a general ban.

There’s nothing on their government websites that says there’s a cruise ban ,so there mustn’t be.