The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday June 23rd, 2022

richwmn

Today is International Widows Day, Let it Go Day, and National Pink Day

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.--Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden

Meal Suggestion for today - Spicy Shrimp Penne Pasta
Drink of the Day - Dekuyper Fuzzy Beam
wine of the Day - Te Mata 2019 Estate Vineyards Syrah (Hawke's Bay)
Destination of the Day - Tanjung Priok, Jakarta, Indonesia

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 10:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Bergen, Norway eta 06/24

Noordam

Juneau, Alaska 08:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

Korcula Island, Korcula, Croatia 08:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

Alesund, Norway 7:00 AM To 5:00 PM

Westerdam

Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska 08:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 16:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm & Juneau, Alaska eta 06/24

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0623World.thumb.png.1039b9ce97632acfbb0662216764968e.png

0623Alaska.thumb.png.e20a529d45b6a12fbff639b3a0a2c35e.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

Cool but sunny here this morning but supposed to warm up this afternoon.

A hug to all widows.   I need to "let it go" but sometimes it's difficult.  National Pink Day is important,  too bad so many people are intolerant.

The meal sounds great, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

Hope the drink and wine are good too.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 30
  • Haha 1

Good morning, everyone!   

It has cooled down quite a bit here in northeast Ohio.  It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day with moderated temperatures - a great day for a walk.  I just have to go in a new direction!   So, I have my walk this morning, a follow up appointment with the surgeon, a hair appointment and the pool this afternoon.  I think that will keep me busy and out of trouble.  

Today's meal would be a good one for a cooler day.  While spicy is in the name,  you can regulate the heat by how much red pepper you put in.  Want no heat?  Leave the pepper out.  There is spicy and there is spicy.  Some spicy isn't hot, just flavorful.   Our first recipe today comes from Taste of Home and gives a basic framework.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spicy-shrimp-penne-pasta/

1085909392_spicyshrimppenne1.jpg.3fd43f00306eca706e31e159d66639d3.jpg

This next one is parmesan garlic based rather than tomato based.  https://damndelicious.net/2014/01/15/spicy-parmesan-shrimp-pasta/

1940088061_spicyshrimppenne2.thumb.jpg.a2c2396d881b94e8c04ac955a244b222.jpg

Now we have a melding of the two with a garlic tomato sauce.   https://juliasalbum.com/spicy-shrimp-pasta-in-garlic-tomato-cream-sauce-recipe/

401928696_spicyshrimppenne3.thumb.jpg.027963fe299848ad57466368f858290f.jpg

While this next one says it has a spicy tomato sauce, it doesn't come from red pepper.  Rather it is the spice blend that is used and it sounds quite nice!  https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/penne-shrimp-and-spicy-tomato-sauce

2133279850_spicyshrimppenne4.thumb.jpg.230d99675d63209670b1e9e607180c99.jpg

This last one is a cajun inspired dish.  I think this would be my choice.   https://selfproclaimedfoodie.com/cajun-shrimp-pasta/

106484837_spicyshrimppenne5.thumb.jpg.81ed5b3089c0e58391101ac92c9bc788.jpg

Prayers for those who need them, especially Ukraine, the victims of gun violence, and our Daily family members struggling with challenges.  Special prayers go out to Tana, Curt, @Quartzsite Cruiser's DH, Buddy,  @Heartgrove's DB, 

and other Daily family members dealing with Covid.  Let this scourge be gone.  Cheers to those who are celebrating.   Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 12

Up early as I’m driving two neighbors to airport and will also be taking care of their cats while there away.

Saw that several of our regulars reported problems late on yesterday’s  Daily so I do pray life is better today. Roy Happy Birthday!

Time to get neighbors to airport. 
Thanks for Fleet report and feature post.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good if I substitute chicken for shrimp.  I tested myself this morning with a free kit and passed.  I’ll squeeze in the real test this afternoon.  Today’s work schedule is a busy one.  Our friend that is cruising with us passed her test yesterday.  I hope that everyone has a good day today.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. I’m up with the birds waiting for my covid test results. Sam tested positive two,days ago but he’s been staying with our daughter so my last contact with him was Saturday and he had a cold and was wearing a mask. That cold was covid. I’ve taken two negative at home tests and waiting formPCR results.

I can not celebrate widows day but pink is good.

Happy birthday, Roy

stay safe everyone.

Carol

Edited by mamaofami
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  Wishing the best for all widows today.  National Pink Day is a great idea to fight bullying.  I try but do not always succeed in letting things go.  The quote sounds very pessimistic.  Been to Jakarta just once on the Crystal Serenity.  I would prefer my penne without the shrimp.  My alternative of course is Birthday Cake.  I've never been on a ship on my birthday but the photo (sadly with the cake just a speck) is from the Veendam June 18, 2016.

birthday.jpg

Today’s care list:

HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt with serious mowing accident and continuing complications
StLouisCruisers DH in Covid jail another day
Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Tana with new pneumonia
Mamaofami awaiting PCR results and Sam and Aide with Covid
Heartgrove brother recovering from PEG insertion
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Kazu losing phone in hit and run
From the rotation:
Strength and healing for Kazu
Bennybear DH with melanoma
1Angelcat’s Jaguar with untreatable cancer
StLouisSal with weakening legs and covid

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome home Dobiemom
jayhawk66 in NC Mountains beating the heat
StLouisCruisers DD attains 50
New home prospects for Tika
Slow improvement for buddy
Cruising-along visit from DGS’s
2 days for Crazy for Cats (Zaandam 6/25 to 7/9)
Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS to 6/24), VMAX (Oosterdam to 6/25),  StLouisCruisers, Red Haired Lady and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) and  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 13

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

I love penne pasta.

Strange quote, I know some intelligent people who are pretty happy.

Shot my age on the golf course yesterday and won a few dollars which made me happy.

Happy birthday to Rich.

Thanks for the Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Major prayers and a hedge of protection around all of the dailyites.  I am so sad with all the medical and emotional problems our "family" is suffering from.

Dekuyper Fuzzy Beam cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur
2 parts Jim Beam® Original
2 parts Orange Juice
Garnish with Maraschino Cherries

Instructions
Build in order over ice in a highball glass. Stir. Garnish with a cherry or orange

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 7.27.40 AM.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Good afternoon from a hot 80°F back garden in North East England.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich and Roy for today's lists.

I have an appointment later to get a steroid injection in my right knee.

A good selection of days.

I know a lot of intelligent people who are happy and some unintelligent people who are miserable so don't agree with Hemingway's quote.

Today's food sounds delicious but I have not heard about  the wine.

We prefer a sparkling white and Sauvignon Blanc but never drink red wine.

Heartfelt prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list and for Sandi's @StLouisCruisers husband who is still in quarantine.

Take care everyone and stay safe.

Graham.

16559836424773198827590420096678.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  Wishing the best for all widows today.  National Pink Day is a great idea to fight bullying.  I try but do not always succeed in letting things go.  The quote sounds very pessimistic.  Been to Jakarta just once on the Crystal Serenity.  I would prefer my penne without the shrimp.  My alternative of course is Birthday Cake.  I've never been on a ship on my birthday but the photo (sadly with the cake just a speck) is from the Veendam June 18, 2016.

birthday.jpg

Today’s care list:

HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt with serious mowing accident and continuing complications
Tana with new pneumonia
From the rotation:

Welcome home Dobiemom
Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS to 6/24), VMAX (Oosterdam to 6/25),  StLouisCruisers, Red Haired Lady and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) and  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Happy birthday Roy.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning fellow Daily-ites. Thanks to all who contribute. 

Prayers continue for our care list. Dam Sandi, was so certain DH was getting out of lock down today. I'm 😞 sorry.

Headed to Austin to the VA this morning for registration. There's been several programs that may help DH in the future, so preparing now. Also signing up for an Agent Orange exam in August. Meeting friends for lunch after. Another 🔥 hot day of 100. 103 forecast tomorrow 😳!

Stay cool, hydrate, wear your mask.

Prayers, cheers and blessings. 

image.png.cd8aef7077bb39dde70df30a78028833.png

image.png.ba984ac4b078a6edda6a1abb39082df7.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

birthday.jpg

Today’s care list:

Tana with new pneumonia
From the rotation:

Welcome home Dobiemom

Roy

Have a great birthday!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

A very early Good Morning and Happy Thursday!  Ever since we’ve been home I’ve been struggling with sleep due to jet lag and can’t seem to sleep more than 4 hours at night with my usual afternoon nap. So, I’ve been in a fog and am very behind on the Daily.  My body thinks night is day and day is night. I didn’t have this problem when we arrived in Barcelona and in the past have been able to recover faster.  Oh well, eventually I’ll get back to normal. 

I’m on my iPad and can’t type as well as I can on my phone so I’ll try and post again later but wanted to wish—

Roy @rafinmd the Happiest of Birthdays!!  

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Well, my airport driving duties got cancelled. Neighbors flight time changed for fourth time which would have caused a 5.5 hrs. layover in Atlanta. They cancelled flights and are now driving to Ohio to visit grandchildren. Starting to wonder how our July 2 flights will be affected but no use worrying about something out of our control. Though we will not choose the alternative of driving to Seattle!

For throw back Thursday I would like to remember days pre pandemic. We never realized how good we had it!😁😷

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2